Can Vols beat Tide?

shanefive

the Vols WILL beat Bama and willl also beat ND..last years ND game was a fluke and they have something to prove this year...all that is counting on solid QB play, whichever qb it might be

UT will win out, you'll be ok and they have the qb of the future, his name is Ainge, he just has to get his head in the game and keep his confidence up and execute...

Bamma rolls over ut and ut will not be able to hang with that ND offense. Which i think is the best one in the nation!! And i belive quinn is the best qb out there this year!!! but hell look who his coach is!!! enough said!!!! grin.gif

Fulmer must have a good working relationship with some coaches in the ACC, thats why he doesnt schedule so many OOC games and embarrass the ACC or expose them for what they are..2nd or 3rd best conference in the country...and thats only b/c of FSU and UM..NOW THEN!!! lol

ill agree on Groh's behalf but Fulmer does have a national title under his belt..98 was a long time ago and he got it done with Tee Martin..never could understand why they couldnt do it with Peyton and his supporting cast, but Fulmer is a good coach there is just a huge amount of competition in the SEC..quality opponents so you will win some , lose some..and Fulmer is loved down here, 99% of these folks worship him

No doubt about the SEC. Every game is a good one. They'll lose their grip a little in coming years though. The ACC is a lot more appealing to recruits since expansion. Tech is already doing very well in NC and GA, and they didn't even recruit those states before the move.

As far as Fullmer goes, I don't really like or dislike him. I do like the SEC, and Florida is probably the only team I really don't like, although Alabama is probably the only team I like a lot. I just wish UT would play Tech. Jim Weaver has been trying in vain to get a game with them for seven years now.

Edit: I also like LSU quite well.

[ QUOTE ]

No doubt about the SEC. Every game is a good one. They'll lose their grip a little in coming years though. The ACC is a lot more appealing to recruits since expansion. Tech is already doing very well in NC and GA, and they didn't even recruit those states before the move.

As far as Fullmer goes, I don't really like or dislike him. I do like the SEC, and Florida is probably the only team I really don't like, although Alabama is probably the only team I like a lot. I just wish UT would play Tech. Jim Weaver has been trying in vain to get a game with them for seven years now.

Edit: I also like LSU quite well.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a VT fan, I would love to see UT and VT hook up but in all fairness to UT -- they would have to give up one of the following games: UAB, Memphis (fluff games) or Notre Dame.

Looking at recent schedules, they rotate those two fluff opponents -- last year it was UNLV and La Tech. They wanna keep Notre Dame in there. I guess my thinking is for VT to get on the schedule, the Hokies would need to replace the Irish because the Vols won't give up a pushover to take on a contender.

They'll be looking to replace the Irish soon enough but it won't be with Tech. UT won't come to Blacksburg at all, and VT won't go to Knoxville without a return trip from the Vols.

Notre Dame has made a commitment to "Schedule for Success" which means teams like UT won't be on the slate in coming years. The Irish will still play their usual rivals like USC, Boston College, ect., the teams they've played for years, but will fill the rest of the schedule with cupcakes.

In the meantime, I'm lovin' this defensive struggle between Bama and UT. Although the Tide could stand to replace their punt returner -- at least for remainder of this game. He seems shakey.

Roll Tide.

A few weeks ago there was an executive with Speedway Motorsports Inc.(owner of Bristol Motor Speedway) on the John Boy and Billy radio show. The question came up of the possibility of the UT vs. VT football game at BMS. He said that he had been in contact with the UT people just a few days earlier and that they are all for the game as soon as it can be scheduled. Nothing was said about any contact with the VT side.

[ QUOTE ]

A few weeks ago there was an executive with Speedway Motorsports Inc.(owner of Bristol Motor Speedway) on the John Boy and Billy radio show. The question came up of the possibility of the UT vs. VT football game at BMS. He said that he had been in contact with the UT people just a few days earlier and that they are all for the game as soon as it can be scheduled. Nothing was said about any contact with the VT side.

[/ QUOTE ]

VT is all for it. Have been for several years when the idea came up the first time. Just waiting got UT to agree to it.

Thanks BigD wink.gif

Its been a great day!!!! ... Just kidding... I severely sprained my ankle last night against Grayson.. so I've just been sittin around all day... what a great birthday present that was.. frown.gif