VT VS Turps

Bulldogs52

had that game been against a quality opponent, VT wouldve fallen from the ranks of the unbeaten, this may be their ONE game for mistakes so perhaps they got it outta their system..they still dont want any of my Vols..even in a 'down' year by UT standards...lol

I don't think they would've had a problem against a better team. They were sloppy tonight but I think it was because of the 55-6 win last year. I know the coaches try to get them to treat every game the same but I guess it's hard to do that mentally.

you gotta think about this!!! they also had a week off, they just had to get the rust off!! Lets hope they got it off!!!

Tech 7-0 whooooo

and by the way hope the red raiders knock off the number 2 team in the nation!!!

Koolaid, maybe you can answer this question. I know Billy Hite decides which back is on the field, and when, but does Stiney call the play he wants without regard to who's in there? For instance, did he really think a 5'6" tailback could leap over from the one? I love Imoh but he's a situational guy, and that wasn't his situation. As for Stiney, he has good games and bad ones. I still think he's in over his head a little.

[ QUOTE ]

Koolaid, maybe you can answer this question. I know Billy Hite decides which back is on the field, and when, but does Stiney call the play he wants without regard to who's in there? For instance, did he really think a 5'6" tailback could leap over from the one? I love Imoh but he's a situational guy, and that wasn't his situation. As for Stiney, he has good games and bad ones. I still think he's in over his head a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do know who gave Stinespring his start in coaching, don't you?

A certain Mr. Vaught.

[ QUOTE ]

If I'm not mistaken, Stinespring was Coach Vaught's assistant in the late eighties when he won a state championship at Lexington High School.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, Stinespring got his start with Vaught at Lexington. He did follow him to PH-Roanoke. After Dennis had trouble in Roanoke, Stinespring landed at Tech as a graduate assistant. The rest is history.

Funny that mention of the connection between the two appears in Tech's media guides prior to 1992, but not thereafter.