A little humor from Willie..

Willie

[ QUOTE ]

The highlight play of the game was "Watching eleven Beavers trying to catch one Farmboy on an 84 yard touchdown run"...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, what a run! That kid was a lot faster than anybody from Bluefield thought he was...he pulled away from the fastest Beavers on the field...I was definitely impressed with that...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The highlight play of the game was "Watching eleven Beavers trying to catch one Farmboy on an 84 yard touchdown run"...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, what a run! That kid was a lot faster than anybody from Bluefield thought he was...he pulled away from the fastest Beavers on the field...I was definitely impressed with that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that young man #33 is one heck of a football player, he along with all the Mavericks played an inspired and hard game and I tip my hat to them and wish them good luck in the playoffs. Perhaps there is another game between these two squads yet to be played this year who knows, but if the Beavers cannot repeat as champions I could think of no finer place for that trophy to rest for the winter but in Lindside, at least we could keep it here in southern WV where it belongs. Congrats to the Mavs on a hard fought victory you guys took it to us Friday night, especially up front in the trenchs.

As for the "fastest Beavers" not being able to close the deal on that long run, even with a angle on him, I thought that was amazing and after watching that young man (not menioning any names but he knows who he is) on that play and several others this season, I am starting to believe that "he did not want" to catch him. All the talent in the world will do you no good if you don't have the heart and desire burning inside you to use it properly and I honestly hate to say it but I think that is lacking in this young man and seveal others on this year's edition of the Beavers.

I hope I am wrong in this assessment, and if so I will apologize, but there are several Beavers on this years team that have yet to play up to there potential, the good news is there is still time to correct this problem, the bad news is that they have squandered an entire regular season without doing so.

1 or 2 of bluefield's fast skill position players are simply basketball players to be honest. Their speed makes big plays often but they don't really seem to be sound football players physically in my opinion.

That's 1 reason that brooks has a lot of potential in my opinion, because even as a sophmore he plays really hard on every play and has good football sense, aside from his physical talent.

On a mavericks extra point I watched as a few bluefield players didn't even charge off the ball, they just watched, while brooks ran up and jumped as high as possible with his hands up.

That's 1 thing about the '01 - '04 group of players, there were 11 players out their going 100% every play, they could bring that off the bench also. They simply had a game.

I don't post here very often. I don't like to get in on the bashing that is always going on among grown men who can't except the fact that their playing days are over and its suppose to be about the kids. Beaverborn, you are one of the few from buelield that actually makes since when they post. We are all just southern west virginians trying to make it in a world that looks down on us and downgrades us as poor little hillbillies. we all are tired of this stereotype from our own country. So why is it then that we cant even have neighboring communities be able to get along. I have no ties to either place(lindside or bluefield). i was raised in princeton and went to college at bluefield state but now i live in monroe county. that dont make me a farmer. just like being from bluefield dont automatically place you on this big city pedestal that most of the bluefield people think. Well, just wanted to vent. Have a nice day.

Not sure where all of this came from. So what if a bunch of grown men like to talk about high school football. We never say it isn't about the kids, thats what this post is about, giving credit to a outstanding play by a high school football player. There may be a little trash talking that goes on here, but it is usually all in good fun, and it never gets out of hand. I think you need to get some facts together before you get on here and insult everyone that posts on this board.

This was said by steelerfan on 11/29/04:

"I would like to know what REALLY happened after the game. if there was aproblem why is only one man being made an example of. if he did something so bad then why wernt there charges filed on him. sounds to me a case of some obnoxious bluefield fans getting something started the having there mayberry police force acting like they're badder than they are."

This on 10/29/04:

"all of you are just like a bunch of kids. nothing in the past matters. not the trips to wheeling and not the championships. only thing that matters is the game tonight so everyone just shut up and play the game. its not fair for the kids on either team to have to be compared to what their dads did or their great granddads or even their older brothers. the kids playing tonight had nothing to do with the last 10 years or 30 years. anyone can be beaten on any given night. and if you dont belieive that then why dont you have 10 championships in the last 10 years? let the kids decide it instead of abunch of has beens!!!!"

And he says all we do is bash one another, sounds like he was the one starting stuff here.