Graham and Carroll

oldskool

As I said earlier, I was not saying we would have won, just that the game should have been a little more competitive. I think that saying we should beat Graham because we played Richlands close is asking for trouble because each team matches up different. If CC shows up to play like they did last night, I agree, it wouldn't matter where the game was played, we would have lost. I have a lot of respect for the Graham football program because year after year they are right in the middle of things. I think we would have had to play our best to have a chance against Graham, and we obviously didn't last night. If that is the only time you've seen CC play this year, I don't blame you for thinking you're that much better than us. It was hard to watch, and I hope the guys have a chance to get it together and bounce back for the playoffs. As Lance said, chalk it up to a bad game, try to learn from it, and go on. The game has been played, we got our butts handed to us, now we'll just have to see how the guys respond. I think that Graham looked as good as any team we have seen this year. The positive thing is the guys from CC do have a chance to finish on a better note. I would have hated for the game last night to be the last one for a group of guys that have put in so much work. Again, good luck to all the SWD teams in the next few weeks.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What the heck happened to the Carroll team that played Richlands last week?

[/ QUOTE ]

They only show up for home games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the game and was very disappointed. Apparently CC dont bring fans either and I was suprised that there werent more Graham fans there.

As a Graham fan, I was disappointed in the crowd for the game. I know that there were several folks at other events in the community, but I would have liked to seen more folks out on Senior night and homecoming.

The Carroll County crowd was very disappointing as well. I am glad they brought the pep band.

Richlands/Graham up at Mitchell is always packed and it seems like that game and the Bluefield/Graham game up there are the only times both sides are filled, i guess ppl went to the Rough and Rowdy brawl instead.

[ QUOTE ]

i knew Graham would win but I thought it would be closer...and everyone has an off night...it's not that right to say that CC is that bad overall just because they had a bad night...and i still stand by what i said, i think CC and Graham are pretty equal teams with Graham having the edge at overall team speed...might be a good thing for CC to get this out of their system before the playoffs...as for Graham, you guys are one and out in the playoffs because you won't beat Tazewell again...Richlands will kill Va High...then Tazewell and Richlands will hook up for a barn burner for the Region that I think will be a lot closer than people think...so enjoy your spoils for another week or two because Tazewell is your seasons end Graham fans. smile.gif

CC...i hate you guys...lol...can't believe i just "defended you"...lol...but I wish you guys nothing but the best in the playoffs...and everyone has an off night...learn and move on to the next game.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Lance go get ready for basketball season.

i was really shocked at the crowd b/c of the fact it was homecoming and senior night u would think it would be packed. and i would say about 35% of the ppl on our side were from carroll. hope we can getb more ppl down to vista. good luck to everyone in ur playoff runs.

Guest Woolybugger

[ QUOTE ]

Carroll County sure did'nt play up to there potintal they just suc

Tazewell get ready..Were bringin it in 2 weeks..

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats. Your very first post.

[ QUOTE ]

Carroll County sure did'nt play up to there potintal they just suc

Tazewell get ready..Were bringin it in 2 weeks..

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm. Carroll County is probably a lot better than u think. i guess u've only seen that one game, so you dont know... and hmm lookin at the way carroll played rlandz 2 weekends ago, i'd have to totally disagree... but hey we'll be ready on the 19th hope u are too.

I was shocked when I got there and it was 13-0.. then when I was getting a water they score again lol Carroll just looked dead. They didn't have no push off the ball at all. #6 looked pretty good hitting the holes, it just looked like Graham locked in on the same plays they were running. I only remember seeing 4 different plays the whole first half. Once it got to 33-0, I went to Tazewell.

i myself know cc is a good team but graham showed that this year again they are the better team of the 2. this year as i said before everyone thought cc was the number 2 team and graham 3 cc does not have any excuses for the loss other than graham is the better team and outplayed cc for the big win.