Giles 29 George Wythe 7........Haysi 17 PV 14

Hokiebird7

on the LPD forum they are talking about the haysi giles game being moved possibly to clintwood due to either field conditions which I doubt(the field is lacking a little grass in the middle but the dirt is packed good and seemed to give good footing) or somthing about seating capacity does anybody know if a stadium has to seat a certain number of people to host a state semi game the seating capacity is pretty good

yeah i will probably be there, should be a good game...i'm actually pulling for Haysi to win state...would be nice to have 2 or 3 state champs on this side of the state for a change...I get tired of hearing how great things are on the other side...ya know? So yeah...I will probably be there...I don't dis-like Giles or anything, they are just tuff and the offense is confusing if you have never played against it...Haysi has the size in the middle to stop the run, just a question if they can figure out where the ball is. Like I said...good luck!

i'm not sure..only time i saw them was against Grundy and they just ran all over them...i'm not sure what offense they were running, didn't really notice to be honest...they mostly ran, didn't pass much..didn't have to...they kept the clock running for the most part thank god.

Haysi needs to get the film from the Lebanon-Giles game last year. Giles won it in overtime. Lebanon never had an answer for the wing, at least Haysi would know what NOT to do. Lebanon just had their D-Line fill holes and depended on the linebackers to make the plays.........did'nt work. Last year Giles was one of the slowest teams I'd ever saw, they just run the wing to perfection and Lebanon never figured it out.

A lot of people thought Giles looked slow. They have good overall team speed, and Ricky Cook is 6'4, so he looks slower than he is. Last I heard he ran like a 4.5 something 40. So if he hits open field he will go the distance. But definately no speed merchants on the team. They are fundamenally sound.