Thoughts On Bluefield-James Monroe

MavsRock

This was another good game between 2 good teams. Obviously I'm not too happy with the outcome, when you have 2 pretty much evenly matched teams, it comes down to who makes the big mistakes, and unfortunatly it wasn't Bluefield today.

The Beavers were clearly more ready to play from the start, James Monroe did a descent job getting back into it, but then set up Bluefield for the remaining 10 points off of turnovers. Congrats to Bluefield, they came ready to play, and made the big plays, and earned a tough win on the road today. Safe travels up north next week, and practice well, because I don't have to tell you how good your next team is.

Mavericks, good season, you did a little better than I thought you would in the preseason, I know it's tough, especially for Andrew, Heath, Ben, Corey, Joseph, Dalton, and any other Seniors I forget about, I apologize. Most of you, however, will be back, and will be a major force next season. As for our coaches, I'll discuss this one with you later in private.

It was a great game. Bluefield came ready to play and definitely deserves the win. JM held tough and I thought they were going to come back and pull out a win. But the good news is there was no shame in today's loss!! Or in the season as a whole!! JM had a great season and a great playoff showing. I'm very proud of all the players and am already looking forward to next season. Best of luck to all the seniors!!! Thanks for a fun season, guys!!!!! Hold your heads high because the season was a great one!!!!

May Bluefield carry on the tradition of a great showing in the title game. I will be pulling for you guys.

James Monroe played very well today and like I said on TSP, I don't think there is another football program that has more fundamentally sound, hard-nosed football players than JM. Congratulations on a very good season.

[ QUOTE ]

hmmm... i'm surprised to hear that... but i was prepared to say the same for you all if the results would have been different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean it wholeheartedly. I wish you guys the very best of luck and a great title game showing. Go and represent the south with pride!

[ QUOTE ]

James Monroe played very well today and like I said on TSP, I don't think there is another football program that has more fundamentally sound, hard-nosed football players than JM. Congratulations on a very good season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. You guys don't have the athletes of a Bluefield and/or Weir, but you're fundamentally sound and "them country boy are hard-nosed." If you combined the athletes of a Mount View with the fundamentals and toughness of James Monroe you'd have an unstoppable football program.

I dont know if Witt will be as successful as Ragsdale at Giles, but his style, and JM in general is looking more and more like Giles every year. Giles always has good fundamentals and hard nosed players.The single wing offense is solely built off that. Teams that dont run this offense well are the ones that dont get deep enough into why its so successful. The football tradition that JM is using goes back to the old days at Narrows, the 1930s. Keep up the good work. I said it a few years ago. This offense is perfect for JM. If all your programs ran it, little league, JR high, it would help. You are building a football dynasty over there. Now its time to hit the weigths.

I'm starting to believe that perhaps the singlewing is fitting for JM. I did not like it at all at first, but it was different this year and I enjoyed watching it and the players were very successful with it. I appreciate the fact that JM's coaches seemed to mix it up a little more this year, and was very surprised at the number of pass attempts they went with yesterday against Bluefield. Nine months from now, the 2006 season will start (yikes, doesn't sound like a long time, does it) and I hope that JM's coaching staff will use that time to broaden and jazz up the playbook. Congratulations to both James Monroe and Bluefield on a great game. Everyone present at the game got to see a great playoff game.

I just wanted to say that this week Ive been watching this message board and seeing bluefield n JM fans argue back n forth all week...which is part of football but its nice to see afterwards the respect that the teams have for each other enoufgh to recognize both teams for their efforts. I just want to say that bluefield has alot of heart and that yal have a very program not only becasue of your wins but becasue of you class n repect i know becasue i was on the field this is jackson for JM and for JM seniors im sorry we couldn't make it to wheeling and good luck. To the rest of us it starts now in the weight room football is a year round sport.. those that play bball like me.. we can lift in the mornings so u dont have an excuse. I look foward to next season Bluefields returning most of their players and we only lost bout 4 so its ganna be perty much same teams next year who ever works harder in the off season will prevail. And to bluefield im sorry about celebrating on your field after that first game we didnt mean to disrepect BF we were just excited casue we knew we just beat a very good ball club. Good luck against weir... and ill see some of yal next year on the field look foward to another good game.

[ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to say that this week Ive been watching this message board and seeing bluefield n JM fans argue back n forth all week...which is part of football but its nice to see afterwards the respect that the teams have for each other enoufgh to recognize both teams for their efforts. I just want to say that bluefield has alot of heart and that yal have a very program not only becasue of your wins but becasue of you class n repect i know becasue i was on the field this is jackson for JM and for JM seniors im sorry we couldn't make it to wheeling and good luck. To the rest of us it starts now in the weight room football is a year round sport.. those that play bball like me.. we can lift in the mornings so u dont have an excuse. I look foward to next season Bluefields returning most of their players and we only lost bout 4 so its ganna be perty much same teams next year who ever works harder in the off season will prevail. And to bluefield im sorry about celebrating on your field after that first game we didnt mean to disrepect BF we were just excited casue we knew we just beat a very good ball club. Good luck against weir... and ill see some of yal next year on the field look foward to another good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a JM fan and follower, since this shows that at least one JM player visits this board, I just want to personally say thanks for a great season!! Pass that on to the rest of guys. The whole JM program was great this season and it was a lot of fun to follow you guys. I hate it for the seniors too -- wish they could've gotten a trip to Wheeling. But, still an excellent season and one to be very proud of. I predict a trip to Wheeling is very soon coming for the Mavericks. Maybe next year????? Now, Jason, get off this message board and go hit the weight room!! (laughing) Just kidding, of course. I'm proud of you all.

Bluefield fans that were sitting around me were talking about the Jackson kid and how impressed they were of him, but people were talking about him even after the first meeting with Bluefield which I did not get to see,but I can see why they were impressed with him.

NIce Website...... This was one of the best teams that we faced this year. Not only were/are they great football players but also great young men. I deal with a lot of Monroe Countians and there isn't any bad reports or comments made about these young men. God Bless them all as well as the coaches and that Crazy, Loyal , Fan Base they have. Thanks for two exciting Games...excuse me...Four! The JV teams also played twice.

[ QUOTE ]

I have now posted the pictures and captions for all of the James Monroe 2005 football season at

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze84s9d/

Is was a great season James Monroe and I also want to congratulate Bluefield on a great game and wish them the best of luck at the super six.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one ruling site!! Excellent job. I'm sure a lot of time and hard work went into creating that and I for one appreciate it. I'm sure the players will too. Nice recap of the 2005 season. Keep up the good work!! Thanks to the Beavers, all we have now are memories!! (laugh) That's okay, we'll get 'em next year!! wink.gif

Just wanted to congradulate my Mavs, you guys had a great season and played a hard faught game Saturday. No matter what anyone says you guys represented Maverick Football well and proved that JM has a top notch WV AA football program. Good luck to Bluefield at state.

Thanks to all for your positive comments on the site.

Willie I will see what I can do on the history and let you know. As for next year we should be ok with Jackson, Taylor Robertson, and a great line returning we shall see.