Any comments on the play calls last night

StormMaster

[ QUOTE ]

If your talking about the Richlands game, then yeah definately...I don't think Coach Mance knew what he was doing... Expecially when they got in the red zone...No one knew what was going on! But Mance did almost blow the game!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the Richlands Game

I feel that Harrison should be utilized a lot more often in short yardage situations and hopefully the RHS coaches caught a clue from his outstanding limited performance against Graham. To me it's simple, a 200+ pounder up the gut has an advantage over a 150 pounder and Jennings could benefit from a breather now and then. In ANY short yardage situation, Harrison should be carrying the ball or lead blocking...period. Also, I was glad to see that someone woke up and decided to put the QB under center in the short yardage situations instead of snapping the ball 5 yds. deep and making a 3rd and 6 out of a 3rd and 1. I haven't been able to figure that one out all year.

[ QUOTE ]

I feel that Harrison should be utilized a lot more often in short yardage situations and hopefully the RHS coaches caught a clue from his outstanding limited performance against Graham. To me it's simple, a 200+ pounder up the gut has an advantage over a 150 pounder and Jennings could benefit from a breather now and then. In ANY short yardage situation, Harrison should be carrying the ball or lead blocking...period. Also, I was glad to see that someone woke up and decided to put the QB under center in the short yardage situations instead of snapping the ball 5 yds. deep and making a 3rd and 6 out of a 3rd and 1. I haven't been able to figure that one out all year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going nuts in the stands, thinking the same thing out loud.....really out loud. Too long to get the plays in, too many players on the field, not enough players on the field, wrong players on the field, and on and on. These things disrupt the flow of the game for the players and gets their minds off the play at hand. Ditto on the short yardage and red zone situations. Load up the backfield and sneak someone out if you want. If Jennings rips toward the corner, how many defenders can catch him? First and goal on the 4 yd. line, how many teams can stop Harrison on multiple carries? With Jennings up the middle without a lead blocker, it often becomes Jennings vs. a linebacker. Even with all that, the team is a rousing success. Imagine a game without the confusion and a little power football. Enough venting.......go Blues!!!!!!!!

Do you guys think you can do a better job? Give them a break, it is hard to beat a team twice. If you think you can do a better job, why don't you go up to the coaching staff and tell them instead of talking behind there backs. The coaches are doing a great job this year. I agree some of the call were questionable, but nobody is perfect. I also agree that Harrison should get more carries, but hey, we're in the region championship!

[ QUOTE ]

Do you guys think you can do a better job? Give them a break, it is hard to beat a team twice. If you think you can do a better job, why don't you go up to the coaching staff and tell them instead of talking behind there backs. The coaches are doing a great job this year. I agree some of the call were questionable, but nobody is perfect. I also agree that Harrison should get more carries, but hey, we're in the region championship!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we have good coaches and a good bunch of boys, it takes all of them to get were we are at. I hate to see them loose it all because of some bad play calls. Play smart, if it isnot working change it up!!!!

Mance is a horrible offensive coordinator. I've said that since last year. I'm kinda doubting whether or not Richlands can win another game with him calling the plays. They might've ran 6 different plays, the whole game. I saw him yelling at McCraken and Jennings when they couldn't pick up 2 yards for a first down, its not easy pickin up 2 yards when you're handing the ball off 7 yards deep in the shotgun. He almost lost the game for them friday, no offense to graham, they played a great game, but Richlands should have beat them by atleast 2 td's.

If you think having the ball 2cd and goal from the 4, and taking out Payne and Harrison and putting in 2 recievers, and trying to pass out of shotgun a good call, thats your opinion. In my opinion its qb sneaks and fullback dives from there.

I agree completly...and I think we all saw why Jennings is a running back instead of a quarterback wink.gif But, hey we got the win. However, against a better (not taking anything away from Graham) Liberty-Bedford team, that could very well cost us the game. He may have ran the same plays all game, but it was working so why mess with it, Especially when you're in the readzone. The HB pass was definetly a bad call.

a win is a win no matter how you get it, mance & his staff has done a fine job this season. the record speaks for itself. seems to me anymore that if richlands doesn't win by 30 we have alot of coaches on here. thats why we pay for our tickets.

"one man coaching is far better than 50 people preaching it, saying i would do this or do that / the old would a, should a, could a"

whoever started this post is a fool, these kids belive in their coaching staff and as the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it.

good luck blues!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

If you think you can do a better job EH31, then take that up with Coach Mance? I agree some calls were questionable, but we got a W, can't you appreciate that. It's hard to beat a good team twice!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I find FUNNY...

Someone from Pocahontas, a school that has won 7 games in five years, is talking junk about a coach's play calling...not just any coach but the coach of a team that is now 12-0 this year, won Region IV D4 last year, and has made the playoffs each of the last five seasons.

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

Some of the calls were questionable and bad--but we have to understand that Mance was under a lot of pressure and had to think of those calls at the last minute. I guess you just have to be in his shoes to know why exactly he did call that play. Hopefully they will be more prepared for Saturday.

I agree, we all can call the plays from the stands. It is easy, no refrees to worry about, no subsitutions to consider, no injuries to take into consideration, no pressure from the game itself, no parents to make mad, I kinda like calling the plays from the stands. No pressure. Coach Mance and his Team is 12-0 with the things that they are doing. Keep up the good work Mance and bring home another STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! We will cheer you on!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you think you can do a better job EH31, then take that up with Coach Mance? I agree some calls were questionable, but we got a W, can't you appreciate that. It's hard to beat a good team twice!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I find FUNNY...

Someone from Pocahontas, a school that has won 7 games in five years, is talking junk about a coach's play calling...not just any coach but the coach of a team that is now 12-0 this year, won Region IV D4 last year, and has made the playoffs each of the last five seasons.

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

[/ QUOTE ]Amazing.. thats what i thought about that halfback pass