Directions to Haysi

Hokiebird7

here's the mapquest link from Narrows to Haysi...basically you go to I77-S then take exit 1 towards Bluefield...keep going to Claypool Hill and take a right towards Grundy...follow that to Vansant and take a left at the Vansant bridge (just past the Shell Mart/Taco Bell)...You will see the signs for Haysi from there...if you get close and have any doubts just stop at a store or something and ask directions once you get close...everyone will know where it's at.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main....Haysi&2s=VA&2z=

[ QUOTE ]

basically you go to I77-S then take exit 1 towards Bluefield

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main....Haysi&2s=VA&2z=

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw that...just take Rt. 460 all the way...sure there are a few red lights but at least you avoid the 18-wheeler death-trap of I-77 between Princeton and Bluefield.

I'd probably follow clodhopper's advice and take 19 South then Route 80 west from Rosedale to Haysi. It's quicker than going towards Grundy and the road over the mountain is slightly better. My route would be:

460 west all the way to Claypool Hill. Take 19 South about 14 miles to Rosedale. Take a right at the light onto Route 80 west and stay on that all the way to Sandlick Elementary, its about 35 miles after you hit Route 80.

im from haysi and hhstigerfan has it right its a lot faster than going through grundy the milage is about right too its probally 45 mins or so the Elem school is on the left across the river and the field is right there once you are past honaker the first tiger paws you run into are ours just follow them good luck getting here

Its six of one half a dozen of the other...If I didn't know the area I would feel more comfortable staying on the same route as long as possible so I would just go down 460 all the way to Vansant...Vansant is 14 miles from downtown Haysi...Most people from Giles are going to know how to get to Haysi because they brought a huge crowd back in '93...I say just get in a convoy.