Richlands and Liberty-Bedford Predictions

lee

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bassett??? you've got to be kidding me.... I don't recall Bassett EVER beating a SouthWest District team. I hope you keep thinking that Seminole teams are that much better and your schedule is that much tougher. You'll see when you make the trip and get smacked in the mouth. Do you forget just a couple years back....Graham 52....Liberty 14....and it could've been much much worse, if not for the nearly 150 yards in penalties against Graham...

Anyone think that having the game at home is a disadvantage? Traditionally most people view it as an advantage, but this week I have heard otherwise. I wanted to get everyone’s opinion. By the way I think home field is a huge advantage.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

rhs 21

LIBERTY 27

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me. BLU is 0-12 when picking Richlands games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Na... He predicted the Blues to win one game. I forgot which one, though.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone think that having the game at home is a disadvantage? Traditionally most people view it as an advantage, but this week I have heard otherwise. I wanted to get everyone’s opinion. By the way I think home field is a huge advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands is 27-4 at "The Ernie" over the past five years. It's a MAJOR ADVANTAGE!!!

I agree. We have an all star team and I think they can hold their own with any team. They have just got to come out strong and stay strong all the way to the end. This team has a lot of players who can be utilized to help win the game. The coaches just need to use them. the crowd needs to really get behind these guys and let them know we are behind them win or lose. But I fell a win.

I am so proud of our young men and feel they are quite capable of getting the win. Stay focused ,carry out your asignments,minimize the off sides tech penalties, no girls on Friday night wink.giflol, Blues fans need to to be ready to give our boys 100% vocal and air horns ,cow bells and let Liberty know they are in our house.All are business need to post signs supporting our BLUES and give Storm Warnigs to Liberty.Our coaches need to keep a cool head and think what about what got them here especially in our shut out games. With all that being said Richlands 28 Liberty 14

Based on the recent performance of both teams, MaxPreps predicts that Richlands (VA) will beat Liberty (Bedford, VA) on 12/3/2005 with a final score of 22 - 14.

Looks good to me!

we just have to come out and strap our helmets on tight and play richlands style football for four quaters and hopefully we will come out ahead!!

LET'S GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

ONE GAME STANDS BETWEEN US AND OUR FINAL GOAL SO LETS PLAY HARD SAT. BUT KEY WORD (lets win sat. first)!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Bassett??? you've got to be kidding me.... I don't recall Bassett EVER beating a SouthWest District team. I hope you keep thinking that Seminole teams are that much better and your schedule is that much tougher. You'll see when you make the trip and get smacked in the mouth. Do you forget just a couple years back....Graham 52....Liberty 14....and it could've been much much worse, if not for the nearly 150 yards in penalties against Graham...

[/ QUOTE ]

A few things....

1. Where does the word "Bassett" appear in this thread? In another thread, I mentioned once that I thought the Bengals _could_ beat Salem. Further down, I acknowledged that this was mostly wishful thinking on my part. Reading is fundamental, you know.

2. Top to bottom, I do think the Seminole District is more competitive than the SWD. And that's mainly because the Seminole has more teams. There really aren't any "bad" teams in either district. All of this is purely my opinion, mind you. That said, the fact is that Seminole teams are required to play a greater number of good teams as part of their district affiliation. 7 is still greater than 4, after all.

3. I really enjoy your "you" references a lot. I'm a Richlands guy (perhaps the user name might've tipped you off). I do happen to live in Bedford, and I follow Liberty closely as a result. But let there be no doubt at all about my allegiance. My main point in posting about LHS here was to make sure that Richlands folks weren't overlooking them. I knew that would be a quixotic exercise at the outset.

4. I remember the 2001 season very well. In fact, I told everyone in Bedford that they were going to get hammered by one of the best Graham teams in that program's history. Since we're dredging up history, I guess you also remember what happened to Graham the following week in the championship game. With all due respect, the G-Men provided the template for letdowns that I'd like to see Richlands avoid.

Is there anything else, or are we done here?

In all fairness you did use the word Bassett in the 6th post in this thread when comparing our schedule in going undefeated to theirs with one loss. But I really just wanted to get my prediction in.

My prediction: Richlands 26-LB 20

[ QUOTE ]

In all fairness you did use the word Bassett in the 6th post in this thread when comparing our schedule in going undefeated to theirs with one loss. But I really just wanted to get my prediction in.

My prediction: Richlands 26-LB 20

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch. And my apologies to Mr. futbolking on that point. Reading truly is fundamental.

In espousing the point that Liberty played a tougher schedule overall (an argument I'm hearing a lot around my adopted place of residence), I offered Bassett as a direct comparison to Abingdon. That wasn't entirely fair, as Liberty's non-district slate was also filled out by Northside and Western Albemarle. In terms of schedule comparisons, those two probably match up with the Highlands schools. Throw in GC and Honaker on the Richlands equation, and the schedule argument is probably a wash.

I hate making predictions because firstly, I can't foresee the future, and secondly, if you're wrong you have to eat crow. Therefore, I will say what I'd like to see happen. IMHO, despite all the high-scoring, one-sided victories this year, Richlands is yet to play a complete game to the best of their capability. That being said, I would like to see the "PERFECT STORM" roll thru Richlands on Saturday. If the Blues can maintain a level of play at their maximum potential on both sides of the ball for 4 complete quarters, I feel that at the end of the game, the scoreboard may look something like:

RHS - 26

LB - 0

[ QUOTE ]

the perfect storm is coming to an end...

[/ QUOTE ]

The "PERFECT STORM" hasn't happened yet, so how can it end? Like I said, Richlands, despite their success, has a little room for improvement. And I believe they will rise to the occasion Saturday.

post wasn't directed at you....If you read through the threads, maybe you'll see what I was implying. Some Liberty fans were implying that Liberty and the rest of the seminole district had a tougher schedule than the SWD and Liberty had played tougher competition than Richlands...and mentioned Bassett... anyway, I'm on your side, don't bite my head off. I simply hit reply to a post that I wanted to respond to, I don't have the time or energy to go through all the posts and point out which one it was...hope that answered your question.