Who is the best basketball team in the area

VHSBearcat5

I also think so.. Expresso.. I couldnt say much about Ten. high, or science hill but as far as VHS and Abingdon, they'll have to prove it!! lol Besides this board is for Southwest Va, and Southern WV.. Not NE Ten. but give those guys their dues.. they have good programs.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess you found out who the best team in the area is.

Twin Valley beat VHS twice... Abingdon in pre-season scrimmage...and if I'm not mistaken went 1 & 1 in Science Hill's Round Ball in the Hall beating Cleveland, TN by 2 and losing to Sullivan Central by 9 (which was their 1st regular season game).

By the way they took Oak Hill Red into overtime losing by 3 (at Oak Hill).

I have to agree they are the best in the area right now. But I don't believe that it will be a walk in the park for them when regionals rolls around. Gate City won't be a push over and neither will Castlewood. But after this weekends performance Castlewood isn't looking to sound. Twin Valley also has some tough games coming up in the Ramey's Tournament. They play against Day Spring Academy out of Blacksburg if I'm correct. And Bishop McGuinness Christian Academy who is suppose to be really good. If anybody could give me times on the tournament I would greatly appreciate it.

True Sman...very true. The Panthers are the best right now but who knows what the future holds. Gate City beat Oak Hill Red at Gate City by 6 in OT. All-in-all though, if TV improves just as everyone should they will continue to be the best in the area. As long as TV plays team ball and the players don't try to be individual stars (which a certain coach won't let happen I'm sure) the Panthers should make the trip to Richmond. Be thankful certain individuals have already made a big impact and it should only get better.

one thing i've learnt real quick dont base what you do or how bad you beat team in a scrimmage on how well you'll do against them in a regular season game!

here in southern WV

my high school, the Westside Renegades played the James Monroe Mavericks in a scrimmage back in the summer and blew them out of the water, then just played them here a few days ago and Westside would win by only by 5!

a team can improve for sure!

as for here in southern WV some of the better teams would be

in Single A - MCA, Tug Valley, Gilbert, Burch, Williamson.. in AA - Bluefield, Westside, Wyo. East, Logan.... in AAA: Beckley-Woodrow Wilson