Beaver/Weir game thread (audio link inside)

floridabeaver

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bluefield had a great year just wished you guys could have brought it home,but you will be right there again next year i have no doubt.congradulations on a year considered to be a rebuilding year but you guys proved that if you have determination and desire and heart you can accomplish anything.

Just how young are the Beavers---I thought they have several lineman that are seniors--and isn't Powell from Princeton--I just moved into Quail Valley and I think I see him in the neighborhood quite a bit.

"The championship game was played last week anyway"

that's always the DUMBEST thing i think i ever hear... every year, there is an argument like that for the team that lost in the semi's to the eventual champ. the score was 6 - 0 at the half... and that was no fluke!!! and we showed that we was for real. they (Weir) came out in the 2nd half and did what experienced championship teams do... they took advantage of our youth and inexperience. they made a couple big plays - and once we got down, you don't have to be a defensive genius to know that we HAVE to pass to try to miraculously get back into it. they got a couple more breaks and their D took it to the house... once our young'uns got down, it was easy to take advantage of 'em. this game could have easily been different if we would have taken advantage of those early scoring opportunities instead of getting down for Weir stepping it up on D when their back was against the wall early on. Weir did a good job, but ask 'em how nervous they was at halftime... i guarantee they knew they was in a game, and the championship wasn't last week.

Good job Bluefield on a sucessful season. Losing all the players that they did and still making it to the state is a victory in itself. With all the young players they got, they should be back in wheeling next year.

Jealous??....I really don't know what your talking about...I just moved to this area about 3 months ago...All I wanted to know is what is the rules on student-atheletes playing for different schools--Do they have to live in that district? I have no ties---moved here from Georgia--played on 3 state AAAAA (5A) title teams in the late 80's and early 90's in Valdosta--24 state football title--while here for atleast the next 2-3 years I would like to become familiar with SWVA football---not the same football like at home but I've seen some quality football since I've been here. Thanks guys, I've really enjoyed finding this site--it'll be nice to discuss football with (some) of you.

If I'm not mistaken:

A student-athlete can play in another district's school, granted he attends that school, and has attended that school for at least one semester. There's a great deal of overlap in the district, based on enrollment (like the A "Lonesome Pine" and the AA "Highlands", one could transfer from Lee High to, say, Powell Valley, and cross over the districts, theoretically). It's somewhat different for a West Virginia student-athlete that wants to play in Virginia, for I believe that it is a yearly charge of 250 bucks or somethin' like that to come to a Virginia school from West Virginia. But the one-semester rule still applies.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, y'all. It's been a while since I've had to spell this out.

I know I'm new to the area but you made the statement that: "they (Weir) came out in the 2nd half and did what experienced championship teams do"---if my memory serves me from earlier readings--this Weir team had no State titles since the early to mid 90's--so I'm not sure what you mean by 'experienced championship team'--A man I work with from Bluefield has told me about Weir and how they should have beaten Bluefield last year but threw the ball on a 4th and 3 with a couple minutes which went for 6 the other way in which the Beavers came back for a great win....that to me doesn't seem like an experienced championship call at all. I'll think you would have to agree and of course now its easy to see, that the 2 best teams by far in AA was Wayne and the now state champs Weir....James Monroe was to one-demensionable and Bluefield was (I'm guessing here) a fairly young team. Bluefield and JM could be those top 2 tier teams next year. Its very impressive that the Beavers have made it to 4 straight title games. I'm an outsider looking in here guys---I have no bias---I'm all about good football---strictly my opinion, and you know what they say about those.

they had no title... but they were an EXPERIENCED team that was mostly seniors... and they are a CHAMPIONSHIP team because they won last night. you've never heard anyone say - "play like a champion"... that's what i was referring to. they played like champions last night.

on any given day/night, i still think Bluefield could beat both Weir and Wayne... it just didn't happen with Weir last night. the score was 6 - 0 at the half, and we had let 2 scoring opportunities slide by... i'm pretty sure at halftime, everyone from Weir was saying that Bluefield deserved to be there. the title game wasn't played last week... just ask Wayne, 'cuz i bet they would have loved to have been in Wheeling.

"Bluefield trailed just 6-0 at halftime on Smith’s 36-yard run, but had three strong opportunities to grab the lead in the opening quarter.

The Beavers first three possessions reached the Weir 26, 13 and 15. The first ended on downs, the second on a lost fumble and the third was bogged down when a personal foul turned third-and-6 into third-and-21."

i just read the article in the BDTonline... and boy, that right there sure tells me that we couldn't play with 'em. guess the championship game was last week. (sarcasm)

Weir was simply the better team and showed it on the field. You cannot be mad or upset, I can't anyway, about losing to a better team. Am I disappointed? Of course I am, but I'm also extremely proud of the way Bluefield overcame so much to return to Wheeling. Many expected us to not make the playoffs, much less get back to Wheeling. And man of man do I get pumped and excited thinking about what we return next season. With that said though, the kids better hit the weightroom in the off-season and continue working to get better all-around b/c nothing will be handed to them in 2006; they'll have to earn and take it...

Weir playing good on offense + Weir playing good on defense + Bluefield playing bad on offense + bluefield playing bad on defense = Weir 2005 WV AA State Champions

I couldnt even watch the game after the 3rd quarter. I was upset by the way we played. Went back to the hotel room and watched the highlights of the rest of it on the news

We didnt play like we wanted to win, and thats why we didnt..

i'm not upset at all. like i said, they far exceeded my expectations. the only thing i take offense to is all the people who say that Bluefield didn't deserve to be there and that the title game was last weekend... AND THAT'S ALL GARBAGE... but it happens every year when the favored team wins. it happened last year to Wayne and i took up for them. and i'm taking up for Bluefield because Weir IS NOT 40 points better then Bluefield... even though that's the way it happened last night.

still, do i think Bluefield could have won - yes i do... do i think Weir was the better team - yes i do...

i just hate to hear the BS that happens on here and on tristatepreps sometimes.... i still read over there, but i don't post because i feel that place has been lowered to what WVSPN was a couple years -- a place where people want to get good info, but all they find are kids trying to talk trash... and then they pull the respectable ones into it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone else noticed that Devin Clements hasn't carried the ball at all tonight, unless I missed it...

[/ QUOTE ]

one screen pass thrown to him which he dropped. Only time I've heard his name on offense or defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

he had 1 carry late in the game

[ QUOTE ]

The championship game was played last week anyway---congrats to Bluefield on making it to the big game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Championship game was NOT played last week...Bluefield showed everyone they could play with Weir in the first half, we just couldn't captalize in the redzone

Im proud of the beavers making it back to the Title game this year...Even though we lost they had a excellent season

For some reason, I don't think we wanted it enough...Im not mentioning names but on some plays he would just stand there and not block..

The Recievers did not try to break for the ball, the offensive line reminded me of in the movie The Longest Yard when they don't block and just let the QB get sacked...Everytime McClanahan snapped the ball for a pass he had 3 or 4 defensive players in his face..

I don't see why JT went in at QB...Yeah he is fast but thats not what we needed at the time..By letting McClanahan play QB the majority of the season then putting JT in 2nd half in the State Championship game, how do u think McClanahan felt? I think the decision of putting JT at QB lost us the ball game, because the turnovers and McClanahan wasen't playing with as much confidence knowing they thought JT could get the job done...

Congrats to Bluefield on a great season! And seniors keep your head up! U made it to the state championship every single year so you should feel proud!

Congrats Weir! You all played a great game and you are more than deserving of the 2005 State Champions!