EH31

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

how long did you guys practice for?

[/ QUOTE ]

About an hour...didnt get to do nething since we were in the gym and we WERE PLANNING on commin down then they wouldnt let us take buses down cause of the "huge gigantic" storm that hit the area with a dusting of snow in few places. But we have 3 days and i know we will make the best of them, look for us Wednesday and Thrusday at Wise now.

I have no clue! It would take me about 10 minutes to go to Galax Highschool and it takes me 25 minutes to get to Hillsville...

Its really messed up, you have to live in the town limits or something to go to Galax...

But I'd rather go to Carroll than Galax anyday, no offense to galax though.

That is true. If a school is built just for that city, and it's jurisdiction is within that city's limit, if you live just outside the city line, you'll go to Carroll County, unless you transfer. I had a similar situation when I went to high school. I lived 11 minutes from Tazewell and 11 minutes from Graham, and I went to Graham, because the folks livin' on the other side of East River Mountain went to Tazewell. Weirdly-shaped school districts, I tell ya...

[ QUOTE ]

ah... i most definately am, i emailed, and called the school board more thn once to complain, not like the knuckleheads listend or anything....ha listen, to us?? the students, right.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would u complain?? lol its not like u don't always get closed

[ QUOTE ]

haha 2 hour delay again tomm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats crazy tazewell is on a 2 hour delay again tm!!!!! LOL

I left for school this morning and I slid all over the place from ice on the backroads!! Deborah Akers is going to get someone killed

suppose to snow tomar...then thursday with severe winter weather thingy....http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/?alertId=52984

ASHE-ALLEGHANY-SURRY-STOKES-ROCKINGHAM-CASWELL-WATAUGA-WILKES- YADKIN-TAZEWELL-SMYTH-BLAND-GILES-WYTHE-PULASKI-MONTGOMERY- GRAYSON-CARROLL-FLOYD-CRAIG-BATH-ROANOKE-BOTETOURT-ROCKBRIDGE- PATRICK-FRANKLIN-BEDFORD-AMHERST-HENRY-PITTSYLVANIA-CAMPBELL- APPOMATTOX-BUCKINGHAM-HALIFAX-CHARLOTTE-MERCER-SUMMERS-MONROE- GREENBRIER- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WEST JEFFERSON...SPARTA...DOBSON... DANBURY...EDEN...BOONE...WILKESBORO...YADKINVILLE...TAZEWELL... MARION...BLAND...PEARISBURG...WYTHEVILLE...PULASKI...RADFORD... BLACKSBURG...INDEPENDENCE...GALAX...FLOYD...NEW CASTLE... CLIFTON FORGE...HOT SPRINGS...SALEM...FINCASTLE...LEXINGTON... STUART...ROCKY MOUNT...BEDFORD...AMHERST...MARTINSVILLE... DANVILLE...LYNCHBURG...APPOMATTOX...SOUTH BOSTON...KEYSVILLE... BLUEFIELD...HINTON...UNION...LEWISBURG 303 PM EST TUE DEC 6 2005

...ANOTHER WINTER STORM POSSIBLE THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY...

ANOTHER LOW PRESSURE CENTER WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE SOUTHEAST THURSDAY AND MOVE NORTHEAST OFF THE CAROLINAS COAST BY EARLY FRIDAY.

THIS WILL RESULT IN ANOTHER ROUND OF WINTER WEATHER FOR THE REGION. WITH COLD AIR IN PLACE FROM THE RETREATING HIGH PRESSURE CENTER...A WINTRY MIXTURE OF SNOW...FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET IS POSSIBLE. NORTH OF HIGHWAY 460 MOST OF THE PRECIPITATION WILL PROBABLY STAY IN THE FORM OF SNOW AND SLEET. WHILE ACROSS SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE REGION...WARM AIR WILL MIX IN TO CREATE RAIN...FREEZING RAIN...SLEET AND SNOW. SOME OF THE SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE THURSDAY NIGHT. SOME LIGHT ICING IS ALSO POSSIBLE.

THE EXACT TRACK AND SPEED OF THE LOW PRESSURE CENTER WILL DETERMINE HOW MUCH SNOW AND ICE OCCURS.

[ QUOTE ]

Why would u complain?? lol its not like u don't always get closed

[/ QUOTE ]

ok first off, tazewell county is hard core, as in we'll go to school w/ infinity inches of snow on the ground but then close us when there's a warning for snow, and the schools that close ALL the time, that's Buchanon...those wusses

buch. co has a good reason to close everystudent lives on mountains and cannot get out if it snows and if they get out if they wreck they are over a 100+ foot hill they have a very good reason... tazewells main roads is 4-lanes when thier's is 2 lane moutain roads.

[ QUOTE ]

i hope we dont get out.... more days we havta make up in the summer polleitte #4 i think you relpyed in the wrong post

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yea my faught I did post in the wrong thread

U totally spelt my named wrong dude lol