Mitchell better facility than Williams

BigD4VT

[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of fields, I wonder what it would take to get Ernie Hicks resurfaced?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was impressed with the condition of the field during my visits there in November. I don't know if anything's been done to it lately or not, but I actually commented aloud about its good condition the night of the Graham game.

In the interest of full disclosure, I should point out that I'm old enough to remember "the crown" in the middle very well.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

[/ QUOTE ] get mike compton to pay for it! lol

i did'nt say anything about the little league not playing on the high school field. i was trying to explain that bermuda grass does not take the wear and tear of being over-used. field turf would be the best for that area.

No one should ever go with Bermuda grass around here for a football field. If you want to know why just take a look at the playing surface of Lane Stadium. They have Bermuda grass and seven months out of the year, including most of football season, it looks like crap. I was noticing during the UNC game how horrible the field looked. It looked like they had sprayed painted the dirt green because the grass was so short and dying out. If you didn't know better you'd think it was the field for a high school team that had a low-budget and couldn't afford the upkeep for the field.

[ QUOTE ]

You know how that one college (toledo or boise) has blue turf, id like to see that at richlands or va tech put in marron that would rock

[/ QUOTE ]

Boise has the "Smurf Turf"

[ QUOTE ]

It looked like they had sprayed painted the dirt green because the grass was so short and dying out.

[/ QUOTE ]

2002 vs. WVU they did spray paint, or dye actually the entire field green.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It looked like they had sprayed painted the dirt green because the grass was so short and dying out.

[/ QUOTE ]

2002 vs. WVU they did spray paint, or dye actually the entire field green.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the 18-15 game at Lane a few year ago, then yes is was mostly green paint or dye. West Virginia wore white on white and Quincy Wilson and Avon Coburn left green on green. We were sitting in the endzone and I was screaming that Rod would be smart to take a safety here.....Woah! I got one right. My drunken General Manager (who is a WVU grad) just looked at me and we started laughing wildy. I'll never know how we got tickets right above the VPI band. Anyway that was a good game.