Prayer Request

BigD4VT

For those of you who pray, please send one up for my cousin "Junior". He apparently had a heart attack Saturday and has been in ICU at Louis Gale in Salem since then. He's been diabetic his entire life and I guess that has damaged his kidneys and liver which have in turn damaged his heart and lungs. His kidneys are in danger of shutting down and he's in emergency surgery right now with a collapsed lung. He lost a leg from the knee down in a forklift accident a few years ago and I guess he's let his health go. He's only 30 years old. We were very close growing up. I used to spend a few weeks, sometimes even months with him, his parents and our grandmother who lived with them. He's like a brother.

Thanks everyone. EH31, this is the cousin who lives in Tuscaloosa. He's been in Covington, VA the past few months where he grew up. That's why he's in the hospital at Salem.

The surgery that was deemed an emergency has been put off til morning because of his kidneys shutting down. They have to do dialysis before they can perform the surgery.

[ QUOTE ]

For those of you who pray, please send one up for my cousin "Junior". He apparently had a heart attack Saturday and has been in ICU at Louis Gale in Salem since then. He's been diabetic his entire life and I guess that has damaged his kidneys and liver which have in turn damaged his heart and lungs. His kidneys are in danger of shutting down and he's in emergency surgery right now with a collapsed lung. He lost a leg from the knee down in a forklift accident a few years ago and I guess he's let his health go. He's only 30 years old. We were very close growing up. I used to spend a few weeks, sometimes even months with him, his parents and our grandmother who lived with them. He's like a brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. And will continue to do....

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers and comments everyone. My cousin has been in a coma all week with no signs of improvement. This morning his condition worsened and the Dr. requested the family come to the hospital. His heart stopped twice today but the Doctors revived him. We continue to hope for the best but right now the outlook isn't good.

Some of you asked me to keep you updated on my cousin's condition. Right now he's stable but is relying on a ventilator to keep him alive. My aunt and the doctors have agreed to let him go if his heart stops again. His best case scenario is to hold on long enough to pull through this and then be faced with dialysis 3 times per week for the rest of his life. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. I have no doubt they have helped him hang on as long as he has, and as bleak as the situation is it does look like there is a glimmer of hope.

• 2 weeks later...

After almost a month my cousin is now able to speak. He's still critical and not out of the woods but it looks like his chances are pretty good. The people at Lewis Gale Hospital are outstanding. Many thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers.

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

After almost a month my cousin is now able to speak. He's still critical and not out of the woods but it looks like his chances are pretty good. The people at Lewis Gale Hospital are outstanding. Many thanks to all of you for the thoughts and prayers.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has mine. God Bless.