Boys AP Rankings...

bluefieldRocks

This was over on the TSP's. Thought i'd give you guys a heads up on the West Virginia Rankings

AAA

1. Huntington

2. Woodrow Wilson

3. Wheeling Park

4. Morgantown

5. South Charleston

6. George Washington

7. Jefferson

8. Parkersburg South

9. Martinsburg

10.Hedgesville

AA

1. Logan

2. Weir

3. Bluefield

4. Westside

5. Winfield

6. Ravenswood

7. Braxton County

8. Tolsia

9. Philip Barbour

10.Poca

A

1. Wheeling Central

2. Charleston Catholic

3. Parkersburg Catholic

4. Buffalo

5. Williamstown

6. Williamson

7. Tucker County

8. Mercer Christian

9. Notre Dame

9. Doddridge County

[ QUOTE ]

Do they only rank the top 10 in each class?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah sorta

anyways here is how it will look like in the paper tomorrow

Class AAA

1. Huntington (7) 70

2. Woodrow Wilson 54

3. Wheeling Park 42

4. Morgantown 34

5. South Charleston 32

6. George Washington 31

7. Jefferson 29

8. Parkersburg South 28

9. Martinsburg 19

10. Hedgesville 12

Others receiving votes: Capital 8, St. Albans 5, Bridgeport 5, Parkersburg 4, Robert C. Byrd 4, Brooke 3, North Marion 2, Spring Valley 1, Cabell Midland 1, Hampshire 1.

Class AA

1. Logan (4) 63

2. Weir (1) 58

3. Bluefield (1) 56

4. Westside (1) 45

5. Winfield 35

6. Ravenswood 26

7. Braxton County 16

8. Tolsia 13

9. Philip Barbour 12

10. Poca 11

Others: Magnolia 9, Wyoming East 9, Lincoln 7, Oak Hill 6, Petersburg 5, Berkeley Springs 4, Independence 4, Herbert Hoover 2, Sissonville 2, Iaeger 1, Keyser 1.

Class A

1. Wheeling Central (7) 70

2. Charleston Catholic 58

3. Parkerburg Catholic 55

4. Buffalo 40

5. Williamstown 33

6. Williamson 19

7. Tucker County 16

8. Mercer Christian 14

9. Notre Dame 13

(tie) Doddridge County 13

Others: Man 11, Harts 9, Burch 7, Trinity 7, Valley Fayette 6, Madonna 4, East Hardy 3, Gilbert 3, Greater Beckley Christian 2, Hamlin 2

Ieager received a vote? I was told that in a pre season scrimmage Ieager lost to Big Creek. We played Big Creek and won 92-57, only playing our starters 2 quarters. Either Big Creek didnt beat Ieager or they are vastly overrated in the pre season.

In AAA it's between Huntington, WW, Morgantown, and Wheeling Park. In AA, the top 4 preseason ranked teams are basically the only ones that matter. Now before someone flips out, I'm not saying no other team has a shot at the state title but I'll be VERY suprised if the AA champion is not either Logan, Westside, Bluefield, or Weir. Wheeling Central will roll to their 4th straight state title in A.

Logan has a 6'6" FRESHMAN that is getting playing time on varsity. They always fine someone to replace a great athlete they lost to graduation. They'll be in the title hunt again this year. I would like to see a Weir/Bluefield championship basketball game, but that's just me! LOL

i myself wouldnt mind seeing a Westside/Logan rematch from last season...lol

with Westside coming out on top in this one (would sorta be like the Oceana team that went to Charleston in AA in 93 and lost to Brideport but came back in 94 and beat Bridgeport for the title)

either way i'm like WeirFootball, i think one of the top 4 teams in AA will take the title home this season.

Logan will be good, but i wouldnt put much stock into the 6'6 Freshman just yet, yes he will be good, but he's gonna have to get use to the varsity play style first...

outside of that kid, Logan brings back a ton of talent to there team to be able to repeat, in the words of Mark Hatcher to me in an email, Logan is gonna be deep and wild this season.

while Logan lost one Green (Lou) they bring back another Green in C.B. Green, along with him will be the likes of Ryan Haught, Cory Williams, Pat Robinette, Chris Robertson, Brett Campbell, Wyatt Ables, and transfer Jermey Sheppard from Chapmanville....and all these guys can there own and can shot well from behind the arc.

Logan will easily go 9,10,11 deep if not 12...

trust me Logan will be fine and will be a contender in AA

[ QUOTE ]

Ieager received a vote? I was told that in a pre season scrimmage Ieager lost to Big Creek. We played Big Creek and won 92-57, only playing our starters 2 quarters. Either Big Creek didnt beat Ieager or they are vastly overrated in the pre season.

[/ QUOTE ]Iaeger is horrible..