Either Bluefield is loaded or Coach is on crack...

GMan

Thats for sure...

Coach simon gets those kids in great shape though...

Pretty much everylinemen runs a decent 40 for a limemen

Did you see meatball or as he's known on the roster andrew hudgins get that tackle against grafton? or whatever home game it was..Solo Tackle and he's never started a game his entire life and he's a senior..

That was pretty crazy if you ask me...Nobody in the world would have expected it either

Walking away with 4 trips to wheeling, 1 state championship ring. 4 plaques 3 saying runners up and 1 champions isint a bad way to end a high school career in my opinion!

[ QUOTE ]

I was looking at the Bluefield roster on the SSAC's website and noticed a number of names I don't recall hearing before. Could someone provide some info on the following players such as their height, talent, etc?

Ty Lewis (junior)

Tre' Baker (sophomore)

Andrea Harris (sophomore)

Jacob Powell (sophomore)--Any relation to JT? I know he has at least one younger brother, but I thought he was a couple years younger than JT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty Lewis- Transferred from Lewisburg, He has really good height, prolly 6'3, 6'4..But I haven't seen him on the court so I don't know what his ability is

Tre Baker- He is a good shooter but he is a ball-hog like crazy

Andre Harris (AKA Shaunster): He might be 5 feet nothing lol but he is really quick and has a good 3

Jacob Powell- ....bench warmer on JV (no offense man)

[ QUOTE ]

\kyle will start for the Beavers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kyle should start for the Beavers, and will on JV, however, not on Varsity...unless their Coach is reading this board and gets a clue...

Kyle should start for the Beavers, and will on JV, however, not on Varsity...unless their Coach is reading this board and gets a clue...

Kyles good enough to start. Its just he wont. Im not sure why, maybe its the posistion he plays theres somebody that plays it better on Varsity or something like that..

[ QUOTE ]

Kyles good enough to start. Its just he wont. Im not sure why, maybe its the posistion he plays theres somebody that plays it better on Varsity or something like that..

[/ QUOTE ]

Call it ANS (Adam Nelson Syndrome)...saw this very thing several years ago in the shadow of Justin King...he needs a better tan...

Justin King was great as a freshman, but the kid didn't improve in the following years. Don't get me wrong, he was a very solid player, but after setting the freshman scoring record at the state tournament in 1999 many thought he would be extremely good and he never lived up to that hype.

[ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about?

Justing king was one of the best bluefield players in the past 10 years. If your trying to down him, if im correct that what it sounds like

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed what I was saying...several years back there was another very good player for Bluefield that never got to play the amount of time he should have...Adam Nelson...he was lost in the shadows of Justin King and crew even though he was a better all-around player than several of those that started in front of him...mainly because his tan was not dark enough...

Actually, I like the idea of bring players the caliber of Hammond and Ponder off the bench. It gives Bluefield a solid scoring punch and two very talented kids off the bench. As long as Hammond gets plenty of PT then I don't see a problem with bringing him off the bench. I guess we'll see how it plays out, but regardless the coaching does have more worried heading into the season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

As long as Hammond gets plenty of PT

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem...he won't until the game is already decided, by then, what's the point???

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we shall find out in due time. Despite some of the bone-headed coaching decisions of a year ago I'm willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt heading into this season. Again though, my confidence in his ability to mold all that talent into a state title team is shaky at best...