Mouse/grundy10...

porchy

First quarter both teams shot the ball bad. Second quarter we didnt adjust properly to their trapping defense and it turned around fast. 2nd half was pretty much a bench game (we came out midway through the 3rd). We tried to take it to Baldwin and get a couple quick fouls called on him but no matter how much contact was made there was never a call against either side.

Good luck to TV though. I've grown up playing against all of them all the way through the system so hopefully they can represent Single A in this area well.

The only problem I had with tonight was that with a little over 3 mins in the 4th, TV had 3 starters in the game. Baldwin, Goodman, and KT I believe. I know they have a short bench but they still have 4 that could have been playing in a blowout instead of starters. It could have hurt them if one would have suffered an injury and I didnt really think it was a good display of sportsmanship but Coach Moore had a plan and im not one to question any coaching moves. Good luck to the panthers the rest of the way.

In reply to Grundy10... I dont feel like that made a difference in the out come of the game, or run up the score. The game was over with your starters on the floor in the 2nd quarter. But, anyways.. Concord University Head Coach was in the stands watching some of the Twin Valley boys play.. That might been the reason he gave those guys a few minutes!

In response to Coach Moore...You really don't consider him the coach right?? I've seen two TV games and both were close games, Honaker and Haysi, and the only one talking to the officials and during time-outs is Rick Goodman. Moore coached JV boys at Honaker for a couple of years and he has no clue. TV has a good team this year, but once this group is gone, Moore may as well go too b/c he knows very little about the game.

Never said it had any impact on the game. Could have hurt them if Baldwin had went down. IMO he is the key to that team. He is everybody's matchup problem and without him in the game the floor opens up a lot. And if we had been out there while they were playing it wouldnt have mattered. But the fact that we had all of our bench in the entire quarter and they were in against them is what made a few of us question the sportsmanship of it. But if a coach was there to watch he had a decision to make and he made it. Hopefully a few of them go up to Concord and play.

haha.. you dont have anyone to matchup with TV even with baldwin out!! bottome line!! NOBODY!!!

That was pretty obvious! Guess what.. It's over! Like Mouse said big game sat. you need to put your focus there!! There is no questions.. they were all answered last night..

Good luck Sat.

Talking to refs during timeouts has nothing to do with the instruction being given to the players. But, it could be smoozzzing or idle game chatter.. Just my opinion!!

Moore and Goodman have done a great job with this them. Whats the saying, "Sticks and Stones"... lol

[ QUOTE ]

Talking to refs during timeouts has nothing to do with the instruction being given to the players. But, it could be smoozzzing or idle game chatter.. Just my opinion!!

Moore and Goodman have done a great job with this them. Whats the saying, "Sticks and Stones"... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing Mr. Moore (notice I said Mr. not Coach) personally, I know what kind of coach he is. Like I said in a close game Rick Goodman runs the show and he should. Goodman is arguably the best in SWVA. Like I said TV has an excellent team this year, but lets just hope if it comes down to coaching in a close game that Rick is there and trust me it will come down to coaching somewhere along the line.

[ QUOTE ]

haha.. you dont have anyone to matchup with TV even with baldwin out!! bottome line!! NOBODY!!!

That was pretty obvious! Guess what.. It's over! Like Mouse said big game sat. you need to put your focus there!! There is no questions.. they were all answered last night..

Good luck Sat.

[/ QUOTE ]

If and when Baldwin gets in foul trouble and he has throughout the season then TV is in trouble. Any team with an inside game (Twin Springs, Castlewood, LPD teams, Honaker) will give TV fits. Honaker, who I consider a middle of the road team, absolutely stuck it to them when Baldwin got in foul trouble.

Sounds like someone holds a grudge against someone. Hey pal every coach has there thing and you no what that thing is thats atheletes when you have them you win when you dont you wont. Rick goodman had players that could play then when the players left he left so come on now you cant talk about a coach like that. Bottom line good players makes the coach look brilliant.

Since you've seen 2 games i'm sure you know alot about the Twin Valley team. As of right now they've won 15 in a row. I dont see them being in much trouble. So, i'll leave that at that.

If Honaker plays well they should get 2 more shots at TV (one for sure feb 7th at Honaker). That would be ok with me! Hey, I like good games!

pretty good post there wah_wah... lol..

I think thats pretty smart coaching on Goodmans part!

I wish someone would give me a shot to play again.. lol.. they could call me the hatchetman!!! lol

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds like someone holds a grudge against someone. Hey pal every coach has there thing and you no what that thing is thats atheletes when you have them you win when you dont you wont. Rick goodman had players that could play then when the players left he left so come on now you cant talk about a coach like that. Bottom line good players makes the coach look brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holds a grudge??? LOL...this is a basketball message board right? I simply call'em like I see them. Is TV the best in Region D? Yes, by far as long as they stay outta foul trouble. As far as player making a coach, I agree to an extent. Who will be the coach of the year in the BDD and possibly Region D...MOORE. Is he the best coach in the BDD and Region, no. Is he the best coach in TV, no by far. I can say this because I have seen him in action.

As far as your comment about Goodman having players..LOL. He made players by working. 1995 to 2004, thats nine straight years that he had good teams. Not always the best athletes or the best players, but he made the difference. Council is not a bad team this year, thats not why he left. He saw it as a chance to go back home, Whitewood, and give Kent an opportunity to win a championship. Would TV be as good w/out Kent, no. Would Council be better with Kent, yes.

whatever council was loaded then all they did was dribble to half court and shoot WOW that must have been great coaching to tell a team to dribble the ball down the court and fire up threes. The coaching came in when he made it to state and guess what yep choke all three times i guess that was the kids fault. council is awful this year thats why he packed up his son and went were the players were my good buddy. Another thing i guess goodman is a good coach to hold his players back and still couldnt win the stat with 18-19 year old boys WOW great coach but again i guess the players was at fault for not winning not goodman. Well i guess when TV doesnt win a game its coach moores fault but when he wins its because goodman is there. In my opion pockets nevermind you wouldnt understand especially reading your posts on basketball and players and coaches.

[ QUOTE ]

whatever council was loaded then all they did was dribble to half court and shoot WOW that must have been great coaching to tell a team to dribble the ball down the court and fire up threes. The coaching came in when he made it to state and guess what yep choke all three times i guess that was the kids fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have swore Council won 1 state title, and made it to the final 4 another year, or two.

[ QUOTE ]

If i recall they never won the state just made 3 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wah Wah...close your mouth because your just talking stupid. Your obviously a TV fan. Well when you make the trip to Council tonight, look up when you first enter the gym. What will you see!! A State Championship banner!! And yes they made a final four appearance the year before. They did this with an enrollment of what?? Yeah about 100 kids 8-12 grade. You could stand on the sideline with this group of kids TV has now and win 15 straight. Mark my words, next year Moore's true colors will shine through. Goodman will bail out on him after Kent is gone. You say all they did was come down and shoot 3's...lol. You take Kent off TV and put him back at Council and Council would be a contender and TV would be sporting a few more losses.

if that was true there country boy considering you are from council i see you no nothing about real basketball goodman would have stayed if he thought he could win the state. Anyway when TV win state then they will match council. Another thing is that counsil should have won more than 1 state title with the talent they had and the great coaching you said they had what happen the other two times was it players fault or coaches oh i know what happen they didnt hot there threes and foul shots wow should have been coach better i guess. I have watched alot council basketball to know what im saying those kids that played there were awesome and nobody made them that way they played basketball year in and year out because and then held back and made themselves much better. So coaches have nothing to do with talent they just go to were the talent is. Pockets I know you love council and i know thats all you all have there is basketball but get out of town once in awile it will help you alot.

Council won State in 2001...straight from the VHSL Record Book...

A

2005 Surry County 57, Twin Springs 48

2004 Altavista 54, Riverheads 37

2003 Nandua 64, Radford 56

2002 Nandua 65, Altavista 49

2001 Council 58, Radford 43

2000 New Kent 61, Council 49

1999 Glenvar 63, Pound 54

1998 Washington & Lee 68, John Battle 62

1997 Floyd County 66, Surry County 63

1996 Northumberland 74, Madison County 68

1995 William Monroe 51, Glenvar 46

1994 William Monroe 51, Parry McCluer 43

1993 Twin Springs 60, Franklin 59

1992 Sussex Central 69, Fluvanna County 65

1991 Lebanon 55, Cumberland 53

1990 Fluvanna County 64, James River 40

1989 Fluvanna County 77, Middlesex 58

1988 Gge Washington Carver 77, Fluvanna County 45

1987 Suffolk Central 89, Floyd County 64

1986 Gge Washington Carver 78, Buffalo Gap 51

1985 Cumberland 69, West Point 63

1984 Drewry Mason 64, Cumberland 50

1983 Drewry Mason 73, Northumberland 67

1982 Drewry Mason 70, Rappahannock 42

1981 Cumberland 68, Floyd County 58

1980 Fort Defiance 69, Central Woodstock 43

1979 Cumberland 42, Thomas Walker 40

1978 Cumberland 60, James River 47

1977 Madison County 83, J.J. Kelly 56

1976 Luray 59, Powell Valley 55

1975 Buckingham County *64, Fort Chiswell 58

1974 Powell Valley 64, Madison County 63

1973 West Point 70, Luray 63

1972 Appalachia 58, Washington & Lee 52

1971 Luray 62, Thomas Walker 49

What about that 10.. lol.. i think i'm gonna bail on this before it get to intellectual for me!! lol..

G-man.. nice info!! in a hurry also.. i was wrecking my brain to remember the date.. but anyways.. things seem to be heating up now that the season is getting close to the end.

[ QUOTE ]

if that was true there country boy considering you are from council i see you no nothing about real basketball goodman would have stayed if he thought he could win the state. Anyway when TV win state then they will match council. Another thing is that counsil should have won more than 1 state title with the talent they had and the great coaching you said they had what happen the other two times was it players fault or coaches oh i know what happen they didnt hot there threes and foul shots wow should have been coach better i guess. I have watched alot council basketball to know what im saying those kids that played there were awesome and nobody made them that way they played basketball year in and year out because and then held back and made themselves much better. So coaches have nothing to do with talent they just go to were the talent is. Pockets I know you love council and i know thats all you all have there is basketball but get out of town once in awile it will help you alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love Council, no. From Council, no. I am from Abingdon and have forgotten more about basketball in the last 25 years than you will ever know. Go ahead creat a new thread, if i had time to find the old one I would. Ask the people who the best coaches in SWVA are. The will tell you. Combining the schools over there have gave you a slight advantage and its evident this year. However, your JV team isnt that good, so we will see how well MOORE does next year w/out the great team and w/out Goodman. As for you guys winning state, best of luck. IMO you guys win BDD and Region D, anything further than that I dont think so. You say you have followed Council ball for a while,lol. I live 1hr 30 min from Council and I'm sure I have seen more of their games the last 10 years than you. I cetainly knew that they won the Title in I think it was 2001.