Predictions

Highlandsfan

[ QUOTE ]

haha yea richlands didnt know they would have to play the refs along with bluefield the last time they went

[/ QUOTE ]

And Bluefield has had to do the same in previous years when playing at Richlands. It goes both ways, and it has gone both ways. I'm just disappointed that Richlands didn't step up to the plate a few months back and accept a series with Beaver starting this fall. Oh well, I guess a scrimmage in August is better than nothing...

yeah Blu........richlands lack of talent showed in their last 2 meetings with bluefield....2002- Bluefield won 17 to 14. In 2001 Richlands beat Bluefield 49 to 6....obviously richlands was incapable of competing and had to drop Bluefield for that reason.......NOT

Wow two ok years. Since you keep such good notes..tally up the record of all their meetings then see where the talent is. And the refs are always worse there.. the four years i was on the field they were terrible.

rhs wont miss a beat on offense so the coaching staff says. they will have a solid offensive line and great skill people. the key to rhs season will be replacing the best defense in school history and who will step up as a leader. i hear that the time is not being spent in the weight room this year like they did last year. 13 and 1 seasons dont stare with two a days they are created in the weight room in january. i hope the dedication is there.as for as graham is concerned until they can throw the ball the storm will continue to stop them cold. lets go blues.

1-Richlands--They are the champs until someone can knock them off. Their offense and defense returns the majority of their skill players, including the top offensive players in the district (McCracken and Jennings). Although the linemen have mostly graduated, they are never in short-supply.

2.Graham-They return a good nucleus of players with speed (Carper and Brown) as well as a future star in Cole. The loss of their leader (Henry) is why I believe they will be a small step behind the Blues.

3.Tazewell-McDaniel returns along with upcoming T.J. Rasnick. Line play will be the key for the dawg's.

4 Carroll County-Only here because I don't know much about them due to geographic reason.

5. Grundy-Grundy loses it's all-star Marcum and also came off a rough season. I would like to think different, but these only facts point to another down year for the Wave.

Yeah, tornado99, I think you are right on in those predictions. Richlands has had a a couple of really classes go through their high school, starting with the class that graduated in 2005. I think they will continue playing well, and pick up the swd title again this year. It's tough to say though. Every game in SWD (and against Bluefield in Graham's case) is so emotional that it could go either way. Another very looked over factor that plays into games, too, is weather, which can play as a huge equalizer in the outcome of the games. So keep training, men, and be ready when football season comes.