Graham transfer?

ghs84

i agree.......its gonna be an exciting season...i guess one reason i feel so good about r'lands is that the coaches down here are very very high on the team....and i know that most folks down here knew that this upcoming team and the past year's team would be special.....it's alot better feeling when you know your team is going to be good than we you are kind of wondering what you can expect...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats true,everyone loves their team i have been there when they have won and lost and i will be a graham fan till the the end.i was real excited about about the 2001 team we had, those group of guys were special and this year is no different i honestly believe this bunch of young men can achieve whatever they want this year its a matter of how much they want it.and it starts in the weight room and off season hard work.i already know how much heart and determination they have its just a matter of doing it.so like you i think we will have a wonderful year.coach marrs is a good coach and hes been there 20 some years so he knows what to do,i have alot of confidence in this years team.

I hear ya total im alredy pumped up. Is it sad to be in my 20's and excited about HS football?. Beaver will crush grahem this year. there mature and very fast, the line in fast which i think works great for blfd's defense.

I wouldn't be so confident. I admire your spirit, but Bluefield is normally pretty tough, and they are coming off a state finals run. I also feel that Richlands is again too versatile, and can match Graham's speed. In my opinion, which may not amount to much, but many would agree that Caleb Jennings is the most talented running back in the district. He may not have the best 40-time, but he can cut on a dime. I'll agree that Graham will have a great season, but I wouldn't bet the farm on them. Richlands and Bluefield are no pushovers.

If graham was fueled off hype, they would be the best in the state next season. Obviously this wont be the case. Richlands has seen a 13-1 season, they have seen the field at liberty, and played there for as state title. The upcoming classes know what it takes to get there, they have contributed this season and will continue to contribute next season. The bluefield beavers arent gods and the G-men/Beaver game next year will be close, prolly resulting like last year, nothing new.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham will beat Richlands enough said. Graham will beat Bluefield too. When this class of 07 leaves the G-Men will definetly have to rebuild a strong backfield. You wont have the speed of Brown and the ability of Carper.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Bluefield accomplised last year with 10th and 11th graders will make them the favorite in this game. Graham will have to play their best game against Bluefield and hope that the role players will step up quick and become stars. Because HEnry is gone, and you'll have to convince some of us that Carper and Brown can carry the torch.

its amaizing how quick your high school years go by. It seems just like yesterday i was attending the game as a freshman and watching bluefield beat the GMen by 1 point i believe it was...

now next season i'll be going to my final beaver graham game as a student... Its amaizing how fast these years fly by

Hopelly though my beavers can win this last one during my senior season, i think we ahve a very good chance of winning because of the speed we have all over the field. brooks and carter and powell will be running the balls...And i think McClanahan will step up as a junior and deliver some nice passes to Ponder and other recievers

are you serious how could you compare football with basketball so what if we gave up 70. how bout you come out on the field then see whos layin on their a**. By the way im 5'9 and weight over 200 too. But even if i was 5'5 it aint about size. It aint the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog

I think that Graham will have to go with the spread next season simply because Brown and Carper are light in the back side. I really don't think that they can run the bone without a power back. They have plenty of speed but if other teams stack the outside they won't get out there. Look at the richlands game. If you look at the past Graham teams they have had at least one power back to run the dives which seem to be the best play they've had the last 2 years. Carper and Brown cannot run the dive with the success as the previous backs because they go down to easy. They will be able to use their skills though in the spread with the speed they have and with Cole in there at the QB spot.

Right now nobody knows anytthing about him. We'll see what he's about when the pads go on. That's when I'll make my decision about if he can be an impact or not. Appearently he will help out listening to some of the comments about him but we'll just have to see.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham didn't face Bluefield with its full compliment of players in either game last year and still lost the second meeting. If Graham hopes to run with Bluefield next season they had better bring their "A+" the first night of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont have to worry about that,this will be the graham-beaver game everyones been wanting to see for a long time.i expect it will be a hard fought battle and no matter who wins this game both teams are looking at an incredible season.