Olympic Results Question......

sandman

I stayed indoors this weekend and watched the Olympic coverage and have a question. Do you guys think that events that have judges that decide the result are "real"?

I mean, it seems to me that there is something more noble or sportsmanlike in sking and skating faster than your opponents, thatn heve some committee decide who did a triple toe loop that is more pleasing to the eye.

In short, should sports be objective or subjective?

First of all, that's pretty messed up Gman calling him gay. Umm, I don't know if you saw, but they have put into place a computerized system of judging more objectively figure skating, but that's just a percentage of the score. The other part of the percentage is judges. This system came into place because of that whole French(haha)/Russian(hahaha) figure skating scandle.

[ QUOTE ]

First of all, that's pretty messed up Gman calling him gay. Umm, I don't know if you saw, but they have put into place a computerized system of judging more objectively figure skating, but that's just a percentage of the score. The other part of the percentage is judges. This system came into place because of that whole French(haha)/Russian(hahaha) figure skating scandle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen buddy...sandman and I go way back...he's a big boy (and I REALLY mean that), he can take a whole lot worse than being called GAY!

I do see that you know a little more about the situation than most, however...hmmm...

[ QUOTE ]

You mean you actually watch the events that have a "judge"? GAY!!!! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Football season's over! We have to watch the sports that are on. And when you turn on, and the sport is some pot-heads in a half pipe. Well, there's no reason asking if the air is fresh when that all there is to breathe.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You mean you actually watch the events that have a "judge"? GAY!!!! LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Football season's over! We have to watch the sports that are on. And when you turn on, and the sport is some pot-heads in a half pipe. Well, there's no reason asking if the air is fresh when that all there is to breathe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure they weren't smoking the "half pipe"???

I did watch the very exciting Nordic Combined event on Saturday afternoon, along with a couple of women's hockey games. And this morning, I treated myself to a very exciting women's curling match between the US and Norway. <ROLLS EYES>

Counting the days to March Madness...at least I have bowling's US OPEN to keep me going this week...

[ QUOTE ]

Curling is awesome...

I dont quite understand all the rules yet. But it would be a cool sport to play in my opinion..

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like shuffleboard on ice...score more points than your opponent by placing the rock in the concentric circles...play defense by knocking your opponent out of the circles...use the brooms to make the rock slide faster or to make it change directions...

Just like shuffleboard on ice...score more points than your opponent by placing the rock in the concentric circles...play defense by knocking your opponent out of the circles...use the brooms to make the rock slide faster or to make it change directions...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks GMan, i guess i understand it now.... Up to Goalies stanards..lol