football uniforms

randym

Sounds quirky but what the hey,with the pro's changing uniforms and some college wearing throw backnow,if you could change any uniforms that area high school wears who would it be and to what would it be.Me,I wish Tazewell would go back to the yellow stripe on their helmet,rem.when richlands didnt have any decals?Graham has never changed!

I'd like to see Richlands get away from the blue pants. I never cared for the "Blue on Blue" look. I don't really like "RICHLANDS" across the front either. I remember when they had the jersey # on the side of the helmet like Alabama... in fact, the whole uniform was like Alabama except the helmets were white. I wouldn't want to change the current helmet though.

Graham changed the color of their uniforms in the '70s when Coach Carlock got the job as head coach.

Graham used to wear maroon with gray and white trim before changing colors to Cardinal Red and Gold with the G-star. The words to the Graham fight song still say "the gray and maroon, Graham High." Many, many years before that, Graham's colors were maroon and orange.

As for Graham's current colors, they have used all kinds of combinations...all white, all red, white jerseys/red pants, white jerseys/yellow pants, white jerseys/gold pants (looks more khaki than gold to me), red jerseys/gold pants...you name it, they've worn it. The worst though were the basketball team's all yellow uniforms...hurt the eyes!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Im not to big on bluefield wearing black jersys for basketball....

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you...if black isn't in your color scheme, don't wear it...can you imagine Duke or UNC coming out in black jerseys???

I forone like the blue on blue combo.. I think the blue pants could use a white stripe or something up them though to break it up a bit,or do the home uni's like Techs and get the striping going but dont change the helmet.

[ QUOTE ]

G-Man, in the past Dook has worn the black jerseys and did so a number of times from 2001-2004. They stopped wearing them last year and to my knowledge haven't worn them this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that shows how much (or how little) attention I pay to Dook...

I dont know I never have liked the Richlands Across the front of them. Even my senior year before we had the nike jerseys and just had the other ones with the Richlands across the front. I think the lighting R would look good on the Pants though.

I think these would look good for Richlands's home jerseys:

508851398_m.jpg

...just with the colors inverted, navy with the white stripe coming over the shoulders.

The UT throwback style would look good for away jerseys:

508851121_m.jpg

...with navy instead of orange, obviously.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess that shows how much (or how little) attention I pay to Dook...

----------------------------------------------

How about college basketball in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I really haven't paid that much attention to college basketball over the last several years. I'd get excited about it come tournament time but the regular season just didn't do anything for me. Also, the fact that VT was very non-competitive in the Big East didn't keep my interest either...although I did have some really great seats to watch some really good Big East teams in the Cassell.

I didn't used to be that way but I kinda lost interest in college hoops when every hot-shot freshman who thought he could play basketball with the big boys decided to take it to the "next level" instead of proving it at the college level. But now, with VT being in the ACC, plus the fact that I was a huge ACC basketball fan (especially UNC when Dean Smith was coaching...another reason I lost interest was when he retired) growing up, my interest in college basketball has somewhat returned.

Of all levels of basketball (HS, college, Pro), college basketball is the only one I can watch.

I remember my freshmen year all the way up until my Junior year we used the silver pants because non of the linemen could fit in to the blue pants. Then I think my Senoir year was the first year we used the blue pants.