Graham

YOUKNOW

Banks started on defense as a soph. after the first few games. He left at the end of that year so we can't say that he wouldn't have started at Beaver. Greg was a two year starer at runnning back before he left for his senior year and Byard started and played quite a bit his Junior year before he left. I'll put my last dollar on it that if you asked them why they left it will have nothing to do with playing time. i'm not saying Simon isn't a good coach because they have been doing very well but I do think that he was not very well respected or liked back in those days plus Bluefield was coming off of a bad year when Banks and Ridley left. You guys could have kept Ridley (haha) because he did nothing at Graham. The other guys that left from Bluefield after this came during middle school so I don't really count them into the whole transferring thing. I also think that things like this bring out the best in each team when you have guys that went to school with each other then go to differnent high schools and play against each other. The trach talking was fun back in those days I miss it alot.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small breeze way at that! alot of empty space there huh. No really i was in taz. or rich. high school and they had team pics of regional champs on the wall.

[ QUOTE ]

A small breeze way at that! alot of empty space there huh. No really i was in taz. or rich. high school and they had team pics of regional champs on the wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't Richlands High School that you saw those pictures.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasnt TAzewell high where you saw those pics either.

i went to Bluefield Middle School 6-8th grade then after 8th grade was over i transfered in the summer to Graham High School so i am another to transfer over but it had nother to do with not liking Coach Simons because he is a very good coach

I never said he wasn't a good coach. I stated that back in the early 90's some guys may have left because of some kind of dislike for him or for the simple fact that they were coming off of a poor year and Graham was coming of of a State Championship in 89 and a semi-final loss to eventual state champ Rustburg in 90. I'm glad you transferred because I like your game.

"im sorry but what was bluefield this year....... ummm 5 and 4.....and what was graham 8 and 2....uhhhhh SEE YA!!!"

Bluefield makes it to the state championship game. Graham dosent. It dont matter what your record is, if you have your stuff right by the end of the season. You can beat anybody.

[ QUOTE ]

It was 6-0 weir at halftime

How can you saw they didnt show up for the game???

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, they didn't show up for the second half...

No, it was because they turned the ball over 6 times in the second half compared to only once in the first half. Bluefield had to play a near perfect game to win and they didn't. They played as poorly in the second half as they had all season and Weir took'em to the woodshed, which is what happens when you turn the ball over against good teams.

haha thats the most hilarious thing yet i heard keep the bench warm lmao i would be starting not keeping the bench warm ok but i am not even gonna get mad that probably came from a person that doesnt even play any in their 4 years or dont even play