Bluefield Fans or Coaches....

edrforshey

[ QUOTE ]

Wheeling Central only has about 300-400 less kids than Weir and they recruit. Also, Bluefield's domination? I wouldn't call one state title since 1997 domination. Morgantown has 4 state titles since 2000 and is something like 78-4 since then. You have gotten to the Island four straight times, but you've only won the state title once. Don't forget, Weir was one of the teams that beat you and it was 40-0. You act like Bluefield dominated Weir when they played. When Weir lost to Bluefield in 03 and 04, it was by a combined score of 8 points in 3 OT's. I'm just stating a fact that Bluefield can't hang with Morgantown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just stating facts (last three years)...

Bluefield 3 (2 in football, 1 in basketball)

Weir 1 (football)

Just stating facts...

Bluefield - 4 straight trips to the Island

Weir - 1

Just stating facts...

Morgantown would beat Weir just as bad as you think Morgantown would beat Bluefield.

You guys, don't bother arguing with Weirfootball, he will never give bluefield the respect we have earned. And who cares if he does, everyone in the state does, and his opinion doesn't mean squat. Weir is the dynasty in WV (hahahahahahahahahha) ( sorry couldn't help it) and he will always say defend them with hilarious responses defending his pretenders. Lets see we lose 21 seniors off a championship team and what do we do, make the championship game AGAIN. Lets see what the mighty WEIRdos do in football this year. Lets see them reload like we do.

"Bluefield wasn't that good this year to begin with, so after losing a lot of their best players to graduation or ineligibility for next year, no I don't think they'll be a better team."

Who are all these players graduating, I know of 3 lineman graduating, and 2 11th graders not eligible because of age, the 2 11 graders contribuited less and less throughout the season as brooks was eligeble mid season and became experienced, they were also basketball players 1st with not much football experience, with all due respect to them, brooks and clements are considerably better overall on o and d.

But you go on expecting bluefield to be not as strong in '06 as their not very good '05 team, that will be your littlesecret.

At the very least what team in aa in your opinion willbe stronger???

And morgantown is respected on this message board, but noone here besides you thinks they warrant any national ranking or are invincible in the state of wv.

"Weir was one of the teams that beat you and it was 40-0. You act like Bluefield dominated Weir when they played. When Weir lost to Bluefield in 03 and 04, it was by a combined score of 8 points in 3 OT's."

so what, they were each experienced and strong teams in '03 and '04, as if a strong bluefield team wouldn't defeat a rebuilt weir team like so if they ever played in such a season..

Herbert Hoover will be the team to beat in AA next year. I do respect Bluefield but you act like you are so dominant. Weir has one less state title then you do in both football and basketball and has four more state titles than you in baseball. This year, Weir would have done a lot better against Morgantown then Bluefield did and I think they would have gave Morgantown a better game in 2004 too. Don't you also lose Payne due to ineligibility? Powell and Ponder you do return along with the FB but that's pretty much it. Weir might not be back next year, but they will be a great team the two years after that. This freshmen class is one of the best in recent years at Weir. They have only lost one game since they've been together as a team with the Weirton Steelers through middle school and freshman football.

Of the players that contributed (off the top of my head)

Returning:

Powell (RB/DB/LB)

Ponder (WR)

Clements (FB/DE)

Brooks (RB/DB)

McClanahan (QB/DB)

Manns (WR)

A. Carter (FB)

Hurt (DE)

M. Carter (LB)

Harris (OL)

Hunt (RB/DB)

Myers (RB/DB)

Losing:

Jordan--played less and less as the season went on and none offensively outside of a snap or two at receiver.

Page--played receiver and made a number of solid catches throughout the season.

Payne--played with a broken bone in his foot the last part of the season and his offensive carries were limited b/c of such.

Ryan Albert (OL/LB)--starting OL

Hutchinson (OL/DL)--starting OL

Allen Collins (OL)--starting OL

Terrance Williams (DL)

Payne has enough credits to graduate early due to transfering in to Bluefield from Westfield High in Virginia, where they took more classes a semester than WV schools and as such require more credits to graduate.

So are you can see Buzzsaw, we don't have much of anything returning... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Herbert Hoover will be the team to beat in AA next year. I do respect Bluefield but you act like you are so dominant. Weir has one less state title then you do in both football and basketball and has four more state titles than you in baseball. This year, Weir would have done a lot better against Morgantown then Bluefield did and I think they would have gave Morgantown a better game in 2004 too. Don't you also lose Payne due to ineligibility? Powell and Ponder you do return along with the FB but that's pretty much it. Weir might not be back next year, but they will be a great team the two years after that. This freshmen class is one of the best in recent years at Weir. They have only lost one game since they've been together as a team with the Weirton Steelers through middle school and freshman football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lose 18 seniors from a state title team and make it back to a fourth consecutive title game in what many called a rebuilding year. Bluefield did it, Weir will not.

I didn't say Weir would make it back to the state title game, but you have to admit you got lucky this year. You were in a much weaker bracket. Herbert Hoover lost, and you had to play James Monroe to get to the state title game. I mean, that isn't much of a challenge. Just remember it could have just as easily been Weir in the state title game from 03-05.

Who is us? Did you play football from 03-05. Do you have a state title ring. I'm happy my friends won it this year, but don't act like you guys smacked us in either 03 or 04. Like I said, Weir could have easily won the state title in either year.

[ QUOTE ]

Who is us? Did you play football from 03-05. Do you have a state title ring. I'm happy my friends won it this year, but don't act like you guys smacked us in either 03 or 04. Like I said, Weir could have easily won the state title in either year.

[/ QUOTE ]

but they didnt.....nuff said.

Weir Red Riders...Home of 7 Football State Championships,4 Baseball State Championships, 3 Kennedy Award Winners!!!

You need to add the following to your sig line...

And loser to Bluefield in Four Semi-Final Games.....

Just a thought.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm butting in where I don't belong here, but why do you keep saying "Weir could have easily won the state title in either year"? If it were as easy as you say you would've won... or did you just choose not to win for some reason?

Weir caught a couple of bad breaks and lost both games in 2 OT's in 2003 and in an OT in 2004. Weir might have lost to Bluefield, but they are still the 2005 State Champions in football and until next December, they will be the defending State Champions after a 40-0 win over Bluefield.

Anyone else having deja vu? I'm just disappointed that the Bluefield fans, although mostly different ones have been drawn back into this stupidity again. Who cares? The facts are the facts and playing the "what if" game doesn't change anything. What happened happened regardless how warp an individual’s sense of reality might be. One of the first things you learn in psychology is don’t waste your time arguing or debating with delusional/irrational people.