Grundy vs Richlands....

Grundy10

i know you guys probably didnt mean for it to get that high...but that just kills their self-esteem im sure...i hope they dont just quit tryin...they are at least out there and then to have something like this happen...its just sad...

Yea 50 even. And we really didnt mean for it to get that high. Sumone would hit one to center over the guys head and coach would only allow for one person to score and held up the others even when the ball wasnt close to being able to throw him out. So it wasnt like we wanted to embarrass them.

if we had wanted to run up the score we could and would have, we dont want to kill anybody's self esteem we didnt play the starters much. a freshman started on the mound.keep your heads high grundy players at least you guys have got the balls to go out there and play everyday.

yeah i know what you are saying....but thats just gotta be frustrating...i hope that didnt just kill those kids want to play...i hope they still want to have a team...i know they just started up a couple of years ago...

I am thankful it did not make the papers. I can image how those boys felt and Richlands coaches/players did not like it either.RHS coaches and players have too much class to embarrass anyone. I wish their coach had stopped the game earlier, since Richlands or the umpire could not. I tip my hat to Grundy for hanging in there. I wish you the best and will be pulling for you to win some games. DON'T GIVE UP,TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY!!!!

Well, i think the feeder system you see in place at richlands and tazewell are paying dividends for their programs.. Even more reason to see Grundy to drop down to Class A.. If i'm not mistaken.. the Grundy baseball team lost to Twin Valley last week!! so that says something also!! For measure of competition.. see how the Wave faired in the track meet held at Twin Valley this week. All teams were Class A schools, mostly BDD teams.

track team faired better at richlands last week than they did at twin valley. the fact is they have people out for baseball that are better track people than they are baseball people. some do both, but most are happy getting drilled in baseball. you would think a 2-8 season would open their eyes.

Guest redneckman

grundy has never been good in anything but football and wrestling. basketball gets lucky every now and then but baseball track has always been awful. (50-4) WOW

dude at least they are out there tryin and probably just havin fun most of the time...give them a break...their school only really focuses on football and wrestling...so just cut them some slack...

If i''m not mistaken they had a real good team back in 96 lead by some pitcher named Tommy Crigger. Give the boys props at least they didn't quit unlike their coach last year. Keep tryin boys it will come.