Who Will BE Tazewell New Baseball Coach

[ QUOTE ]

is baseball still a priority at Tazewell ? in the past baseball ruled Tazewell. has things changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wont be after Keene gets hold of it. He will ruin it just like he tried to ruin THS football.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

is baseball still a priority at Tazewell ? in the past baseball ruled Tazewell. has things changed?

[/ QUOTE ]

It wont be after Keene gets hold of it. He will ruin it

just like he tried to ruin THS football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy on Keene, Tid Bit. He is a good coach and an excellent teacher. I'm sure he could get the most out of any kids if called upon.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It wont be after Keene gets hold of it. He will ruin it

just like he tried to ruin THS football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy on Keene, Tid Bit. He is a good coach and an excellent teacher. I'm sure he could get the most out of any kids if called upon.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOu want him..........you got him. Come on down and pick him up today.

Lou will be back if he wants to be and he told me personally that he wants to be. He has taken a very inexperienced young team and they are getting better every day. Anybody at THS that thinks there is a better coach for that program is nuts. How do these things get started?! As for Aaron Buchanan, the next in line should be Mike Catron. He has been the asst varsity coach for 6 or 7 years and he is a great coach and a fine person. The school system is so political you never know what could happen but one thing everyone should keep in mind....every piece of equipment, all the uniforms, mowers, nets, balls, bats, gloves, shoes,weightlifting equipment... everything is owned by the Tazewell Baseball Bosoters INC, not the school. If the boosters want Lou back, and they do, and the school would force him out, all of that stuff would be taken by the boosters. THS baseball would be left with nothing. I don't think THS really wants to spend 5-10 thousand dollars to start all over again. They might, but I doubt it. One afterthought, Graham would love to have him. I'm sick of watching pitiful baseball.

I agree if anyone wants Tom Keene give me your address and I'll deliver him myself. I would hope that someone in administration would listen to things that have happened in the past and continue to happen today and tell him good bye -- as for his teaching skills to begin with he teaches only 3 classes and he misses on average 1-2 days weekly teaching due to meetings for athletics. It is my opinion that in the classroom he does just enough to get by -- but again that is only my opinion.

I truly hope he doesn't try to assign himself at the baseball coach and I don't think he will because he has a power house of a JV softball team this year with 12 8th graders and not one freshman or sophamore and they are 18-1 and 6-0 in the district. The one game they lost was 1-0 to VA High and earlier this week they beat VA High 4-1. He is setting on four more years of success in softball without any work -- I hope some great school somewhere offers him some great deal and he moves! One can always dream

I agree if Lou wants the job it is his -- the baseball boosters provide everything for the baseball team as does every other sports boosters at Tazewell -- for some reason the school can never afford uniforms, bats, balls, weight equipment, or anything for that matter.

Nobody needs to turn around the program at Tazewell. It is one of the premier baseball programs around. Why try to fix what's not broke? There is not one school in SWVA that can match's Lou's record on or off the baseball field. Not only has he built a winning tradition with many state tournament appearances and a slew of All-region and all-state players, but he has gotten a lot of his players college scholarships and post high school baseball careers. He does a lot behind the scenes that most people never hear about and he lives at that field so his kids can workout whenever they want. What else could anyone possibly want from a high school baseball coach??? I guarantee you Tazewell will be the team to beat next year after a rebuilding year this year. They just don't have 2 bad years in a row. Lou is a class act!

I say bring Strong back to Tazewell. He worked under Coach Perry for years. He has done a great job at Richlands and will win the SWD. He is a hard worker and can help the football team to, look what he has done at RHS in football all the players he has coached have gone on to play in college. Get him back to Tazewell we need him up here. As for coach Keene he is a great coach and a good man Hard worker. Have any of you people ever been an AD and coached too? it is a hard job also teach school . Most ADs at other schools don't have to teach. It is a load. So please don't talk bad about someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

j.w. salyers, coach of castlewood, is the one you are referring to. he's a graduate of pound h.s., played professionaly as a pitcher, making it to the aaa level before an arm injury ended his career.

[ QUOTE ]

I say bring Strong back to Tazewell. He worked under Coach Perry for years. He has done a great job at Richlands and will win the SWD. He is a hard worker and can help the football team to, look what he has done at RHS in football all the players he has coached have gone on to play in college. Get him back to Tazewell we need him up here. As for coach Keene he is a great coach and a good man Hard worker. Have any of you people ever been an AD and coached too? it is a hard job also teach school . Most ADs at other schools don't have to teach. It is a load. So please don't talk bad about someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. [/quote

You're nuts. You'll never see him back in Tazewell! The players hated him there and were glad to see him go.