Bluefield baseball !!!!!!

Congratulations to the Bluefield baseball team. A chance for them to make history tomorrow night in the regional finals. A win would send them to the state tournamemt for the first time in school history I do believe.

yea i believe your right, i'd love to see it, i'm gonna head up to oak hill high school and hopefully they'll bring home a win and a trip to the state tourney, it would be pretty impressive to go to the state title game in football and basketball and the state tourney in baseball

Thanks for everyones support..Bluefield made it upstate once before in baseball but that was like over 50 years ago.LOL

Last year Bluefield made it to the Regional Finals for the first time since 1976 and we are back this year to face familiar Shady Spring...They knocked us out last year in the Regional Finals but this is a new year, a new team, and most importantly a new heart

Wish us luck..and thanks for the support

http://www.register-herald.com/highschoolsports/local_story_142235549.html?keyword=secondarystory

Liberty upended by Beavers

By Brian Woodson

For The Register-Herald

WELCH  In the words of Zach Sowder: “Cowboy Up.â€ÂÂ

Sowder’s two-run single highlighted a three-run sixth inning and J.B. Dobbins and Ryan Albert combined on a two-hitter, leading Bluefield to a 3-1 Region 3 semifinal win over Liberty on Monday evening at Mount View’s Nick Shaffron Field.

Bluefield (8-18) will play Shady Spring (15-14) on Wednesday at Oak Hill High School, with the winner capturing the regional championship and a berth in the Class AA state baseball tournament. It was the same matchup last year, but the Tigers ended the Beavers’ season.

“They put a little bit of a whipping on us last year, but we just want to go up and play a good ball game and let the chips fall where they may,†Bluefield head coach David Hubbard said. “We’re going to be ready.â€ÂÂ

“We were here last year and we lost in the regional finals,†added Dobbins. “We want to win it this year.â€ÂÂ

Dobbins and Liberty’s Donovan Reeves were locked in a pitcher’s duel through five innings, with each team collecting a hit apiece.

Ironically, that was a double by Dobbins and a single from Reeves.

“I just tried to go out and pitch my game and stay in control and my defense really helped me out tonight,†said Dobbins, whose Beavers had just one error. “The top of their lineup has got some pop, and after the first inning that was pretty evident, but I just had to make my pitches.â€ÂÂ

Liberty (17-8), which was coming off a win over one-loss Wyoming East in the sectionals, finally scored in the sixth. Eric Bower walked, stole second and scored on a single by Reeves. The Raiders finished with just two hits in the game.

“I was worried about our defense,†said Liberty head coach Greg Daniel, who lost his second baseman to a broken leg during the celebration following the win over Wyoming East. “We hit a million ground balls all week, but I didn’t think we wouldn’t hit.

“We had hit all week and we just didn’t hit today. They got a couple of key hits and that was the difference.â€ÂÂ

Ben Goss collected Bluefield’s second hit, a one-out single in the sixth. Bryant Gillespie and Eric Poletti then drew walks. After Reeves fanned Allen Collins for the second out, Sowder  who had come off the bench in the fourth and hit a hard ground ball to first  fell behind in the count 1-2.

“I always come into every game thinking I want to get a hit off this pitcher,†Sowder said. “I had been watching him and I knew his tendencies and I just came out there and hit the ball hard.â€ÂÂ

Sowder then took Reeves next pitch and lined it to right field, bringing in a pair of runs.

Yes Good luck to both teams as the beavers try and make a long awaited trip to the states and for the tigers they are shooting for a 3rd straight trip to the states should be a great game. As both teams truley have overachieved this playoff season good luck to both. GO TIGERS!!

[ QUOTE ]

haha....coming from the ones who lost it in the regionals right?

[/ QUOTE ]

we were down to the final 8 teams in the state...pretty good if u ask me...it should of been the final 4..u weren't at the game..u don't know what happened..so dude just shut up man lol