Top 5 Linemen In SWVA Ever

lee

I had heard John Potter was good, id add Mike Compton from Richlands spent 12-13 years in the NFl and started on 2 championship patriot teams.

[ QUOTE ]

just wondering besides mike compton who made the nfl...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Mullins from Graham went to UVA and then had a try-out for the 49ers, not for sure but i think he made the practice squad.

[ QUOTE ]

Anthony Church... Luke Owens.... Enough said

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I would disagree, Owens was tough on the mat, but, got pushed around too much on the field. How do I know? Because I played against him. Ever heard of Chris Austin from Graham. Sam Barnett, Yancey Tabor, Robbie Honaker, Keenan Bowman, Matt McGlothlin all from RHS.

Owens started slow at Tech but finished with a strong senior season. I never saw him in high school but he was a good college lineman.

Matt McGlothlin has had a good career at Tenneesee.

Mike Compton was a college all-american, has a pair of Super Bowl rings, and spent 12 years in the NFL.

Chad Beasley (Gate City) is currently with the Carolina Panthers organization after being drafted a few years ago by the Minnesota Vikings. After playing DT in college at VT, most NFL teams considered him a better fit on the offensive line.

[ QUOTE ]

Mike is currently employed @Tazewell High School. The rumor is that he is a PE teacher and will coach Baseball and Football there.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont see that happening

Anybody remember Shumacher from Gate City? mid 1970"s...I think he went to LSU or might have been UT...He was killer and then to pour salt in your wound,theyd put him in the back field at times to punish ya some more..He was huge..