Whats Bluefield have that Graham Doesnt

Backs

I really dont see what bluefield thinks they have over us (Graham)? we can top any player that you are returning this year and everything going for us unlike you guys.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets see where is that huge trophey? and if i recall the game that counted you guys were winning at half time and then we came back to beat you. do you remember that. And you lost to the team that went to state by a td. which is still a L but i think you guys never showed up for your state game 40-0. Oh and we were 9-3, So i guess we won some.what were you guys?

defensively is stacked for Graham...are you crazy...we only lost Rob Bradshaw and Bove...yes it will be hard to replace Bove...but the defense is gonna be predominately seniors and they are good...the whole secondary will be seniors with most of them being 3rd year starters and the line will be huge and very good..the linebacking core will be stacked as well...

Atleast bluefield has made it to a title game. 4 years in a row? can graham say that? Or how far have they made it into the playoffs have they gotten?

I think bluefield will come out ready to play along with bluefield and shut graham down.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham doesn't having the defense that bluefield will have this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Your secondary will be weaker than last year, and it wasn't very good last year, and your line lost some key players as well...Graham returns just about everyone on the defense...

it seems it's simply a matter of bias. I guess that would be for my opinions as well, but from a nuetral point I would still consider bluefield to be returning a stronger team if nothing else at the skill positions. I don't agree with the suggestion that bluefield doesn't have any better players better than grahams, in my opinion with all due respect to graham they don't have any rb equal to brooks or powell, or likely clements, but I don't know much about his potential because of inexperience. All 3 are sizeable and strong and brooks and powell are fast, and myself I wouldn't be surprised if brooks isn't an rb that flat out dominates a lot of teams overall during a game. What rb from graham has that potential? Maybe in your all's opinion there is 1 but from what I watched of a few games in '05 graham doesn't seem to have rb's that should really concern bluefield.

Bluefield's secondary should be stronger with powell and brooks a year older and there.

haha we have a white guy here at graham that could beat anyone of bluefields running backs. Brown is way better then any of your backs and you would see that brown didnt get the ball that much cause of his size but he still had a ton of yards if got a line backer that would lay brooks out. you bluefield kids keep thinking that you have a team that all ready goin to be better then our we will prove you wrong. And if brooks and your other backs are so good why didnt you win more games why didnt they step up in that state game you never showed up for.

We'll find out who has what on August 25. Of course, you can talk about who has what until then, but you will be held accountable on August 26 and thereafter for what you say, so watch your tongue.

The talk of Bluefield's 2006 team is reminding the me a lot of the talk about the 2004 team. Bluefield lost some key players on along both lines and in the secondary off the 2003 team and everyone said '04 wouldn't be better b/c of those loses. A couple of us tried telling you differently, but most laughed. Just remember, Bluefield lost much more in terms of production after 2003 than they did from the 2005 team.

Oh, and in case some haven't noticed Bluefield does have one of the best set of coaches in the region. They have been to four straight state title games and two of those years on paper before the season had no chance of getting that far. Just something to keep in mind as August comes closer.

[ QUOTE ]

haha we have a white guy here at graham that could beat anyone of bluefields running backs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does the fact that he is white have to do with anything, and why would you feel the need to emphasis this?

trust me now that jon"i dont wanna hit nobody" payne aint in the secondary they automaticly better. And the line don't you all worry about it cause believe me coach will have them right. im tired of trying to explain what i Know to be fact. Bluefield will be bigger stronger and faster as they are every year end of discussion.I also fell to mention bluefield has a coachin staff that would turn concord into the wviac champs=. so u be the judge.and that stunting crap isn't gonna work this year they better come up with a new scheam.

This years game wil again be a very good one. I thnkn that this game will come down to turnovers. Graham wil have to pass more this year because they don't have that power back that they've had for years. This may be the smallest backfield at graham ever and as I've stated before I don't think that they will be able to run the bone with alot of success because of their size. The full abck position will be fine as far as the bone. The kay will be if they can give COle enough time to dohis thing. He has the potential to be a very good QB if they give him a chance.The coaching staff at Graham has been depleted in recent years due to the coaches taking higher jobs within the school system. O'Neal, Williams, R. Marrs, S. McKinney who moved to another county and of course the death of Coach Carlock. The older players from Graham know exactly what I mean as far as these coaches. If it comes down to coaching this year then I'll have to go with Bluefield. I hate to say that because I am a die hard G-Man but the truth is the truth.

I mean i really tried to drop it all and walk away from the computer. but Im thinkin real hard what are those skinny backs gonna do when Matt carter, Powell, brooks, hurt, Harris,( the list goes on) actually pop them. what are they gonna do? and also answer me this what do they do down that why in they way of offseason work outs? Can it even compare to what the Beavers are gonna do? I tell you what to make all the G-men happy lets wait to see How BLU does at the 7-on-7 at Wake Forest. then we will have a preview for yall.

Old school thats what i call a true fan of the sport period. I can understand thats reminds me of me. I like wvu but unlike the other die hard fans i'm not afraid to admit that I think Ahmad could have a carrer day and help lead the herd past the eers

straight up it's like this at the end of the season last year I said undefeated this year. couple ppl didn't step it up in school big carter focusing on a career and I think they would loss a couple. but honestly after looking at it up there I really honestly feel they could very well go undefeated and unlike past years they really don't have to stay injury free to obtain that goal. Bluefield is really that deep on the sneak this year.

I call it like i see it. The last time Graham had backs that small was, NEVER. Back in '93 Gregory, Banks, and Dews were not very tall but they were bigger and stronger thatn these guys and in '95 Byard, Banks, and Delorso were on a whole different level. I'm not at all saying that Carper and Brown are not good I'm simply stating that I don't think that they can pound the ball as in previous years. The spread will have to be the main focus this year.

just one little oversight your probably not thinking about.forget about our rb and focus on our line for a sec. this is no doubt gonna be our best line in a long time so the middle school rb would get some yardage.just saying if there is big enough holes to run through you dont need 220 lb backs especially if there big enough to walk through.

everyone forgets we have Barreras at fullback who is a good runner and can pound it up the middle for 4-7 yards almost every carry....and when we run him up the middle a couple of times it opens the sidelines up for Brown and Carper...