Whats Bluefield have that Graham Doesnt

Backs

[ QUOTE ]

if that is so then how come when the two teams played nobody ever laid them out? Ive seen game film Brown ran over paine,Mark, and him and jt went head to head and guess who was taking steps back? Not Brown

[/ QUOTE ]3rd person..gets annoying after a while

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if that is so then how come when the two teams played nobody ever laid them out? Ive seen game film Brown ran over paine,Mark, and him and jt went head to head and guess who was taking steps back? Not Brown

[/ QUOTE ]3rd person..gets annoying after a while

[/ QUOTE ]

first pete then repete

i will say this about what blfd has that graham doesnt have and though now that is not as much a factor anymore and the thing is beaver had a traditon of winning and for years way back before a lot on this board were ever born graham did not have. but when coach arrived at ghs he instilled pride courage traditon and never say die attitude at graham. and since then i do not think that there has been a graham team that ever gave up on a game no matter how far down they were. and this is true about bluefield for years also.and tradition is something that is big at both schools.

[ QUOTE ]

and since then i do not think that there has been a graham team that ever gave up on a game no matter how far down they were. and this is true about bluefield for years also.and tradition is something that is big at both schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more.

no i did say please the way he used the quote makes it look like i said every graham team. all i said i think. and was trying to be nice by saying please. no demand just a request.

[ QUOTE ]

You (Graham) still cant ever win

[/ QUOTE ]

so we cant ever win huh.well lets see,in the past 5 years Graham is 45-17

Beaver is 44-20 i would say weve won a few wouldnt you?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You (Graham) still cant ever win

[/ QUOTE ]

so we cant ever win huh.well lets see,in the past 5 years Graham is 45-17

Beaver is 44-20 i would say weve won a few wouldnt you?

[/ QUOTE ]

And out of those past five years how many times have u made it to the state championship??

OMG another person thinking that West Virgina is a harder football state to play in "NOT". if you came in played in VA you probably wouldnt even make it out of the first round. WV couldnt even thinkin about coming close to hold VAs jock strap. Look at Ryan Albert he made all state are you kinding me

Oh Lord., another person thinking VA is so much better in football supremacy than everyone else. I'd love to see what your self-appointed SWVA football powerhouses could do in the WV playoffs. That would shut you up. Quit relying on the East coast powerhouses to make you look good. It gets so old.

We need to institute some type of pre-screening method with potential posters. Better though yet though might be a starting premium board where only certain individuals have access, so real discussions could take place free of those that add nothing of substance to the discussions.

The ‘net used to be safe; those of lower intelligence couldn’t use computer or the Internet because it was too complex. Now, however, both have become so mainstream that seemingly everyone can operate a computer enough to maneuver around the world-wide-web. I hate to see this site inundated with unintelligent, stupid posts from uninformed, ignorant posters.

my question to that is when did free speach become something that has to be regulated especially on a public forum like this. i guess most people who just voice a opinion are not very smart unless they have stats to show how many yards someone had over 4 years the number of state championships a team has or every other bit of information on sports. granted some get on here and just voice their opinion like i do. i do not keep up with highschool sports because i have to work and make a living unfortunately. but if you wanted a premium board i would suggest that those that are intelligent informed and smarter than the rest of us maybe just talk to each other thru private messages. because until they start charging to post on this or other boards it is the right of anyone to voice a opinion no matter what it may be or even if you or i or anyone else agrees with it. i do think that the name calling and bashing of others is not very good but that goes on from just about everyone at one time or another. if that bothered me i would not be here. i have learned over the years not to worry about what someone thinks or says about me. that is their right to think or say what they want. my right to either commment or ignore it. but to screen potential posters just because they do not come up to someones standards is restricting free speach. but then this is just my opinion and i figure many will disagree with that. that is their right. in the end i guess i am one of the uninformed ignorant posters because i do not have pages and pages of stats on ghs or other schools. in the end all i have is my opinion. may not be good enough for most but it is for me.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh Lord., another person thinking VA is so much better in football supremacy than everyone else. I'd love to see what your self-appointed SWVA football powerhouses could do in the WV playoffs. That would shut you up. Quit relying on the East coast powerhouses to make you look good. It gets so old.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a fact that VA is so much harder. Look at the talent from VA they always have someone going pro or getting sign to big colleges. VA has awhole lot bigger talent pool. The talent in WV is so low that their own colleges dont recruit them. WV recruits primarily from PA and Ohio.VT has probably more than 90% of roster from in state same with UVA. So dont tell me that WV is harder than VA.

Va simply has a lot more schools and bigger schools in their aaa classifications, that's all there is to it. That's the reason for the # of va. college prospects no differently. I don't know if wv has 10 schools with over 1,000 students.

What the poster was saying is quit relying on the big schools of the tidewater region to do your fighting for you, this area of va. is sw va and the caliber of football is here is no more than any football on a common level in wv. It's not as if any schools from this region have to go through hampton or deep creek, ect. to earn a state title.

no only teams like southhampton,like graham did several years ago. and they are a large aa school

a lot of the aa schools in va are much larger than schools in swva so we do have to go thru larger schools. graham should be a single a school but plays 2a and against schools larger than them. i dont know the numbers but i would hazard a guess that the majority of the schools that graham plays have a larger enrolment than graham.and no we do not play the larger 2a schools in the larger 2a division of va, but graham has and i figure will continue to if they can find them play the larger schools as often as possible.

Buzzsaw is correct. There isn't one iota of difference between Southern WV and SW Virginia. It's one region.

That said, Buzzsaw is wrong on one point. While it's true we don't have to play AAA teams from Tidewater, the way the VHSL system is setup, when a team from Southwest Virginia reaches the state playoffs (at least in AA) they WILL go against a larger school. The teams Richlands has played the last two years, Salem, Liberty-Bedford, and Turner Ashby are all bigger.

South hampton wasn't the big hampton though, granted teams might eventually play larger schools in the playoffs, that's the case for some teams in wv no diferently, there's always smaller and larger schools in a classifcation. That's an area that in my opinin wv could do better even more with 4 classifcations, to narrow the gap as much as possible.

In graham's case it's hard for them to argue about a situation that they willing have themselves in playing in a higher classifcation. But, the point being the extremes between the big aaa schools of eastern va. and a lot of the other aa and a schools of western va.. That's the big difference in caliber in my opinion....

I've written a few times and even recently that va. could benefit from

re classifying the state with 6 classifications.

I think no matter how that do it, three classifications or six, they should just take the number of schools, divide them by the number of classes, and let everyone play where they fall.

They could further divide each class to get fair divisions but there would be no playing up or down. It might make travel more difficult for some schools but it would still be more fair.

When it comes to the AAA schools from Tidewater and NOVA, They are from two of the largest metro area's in the United States and draw from a talent pool that comes to them from all over the country via their military and federal government employed parents. They should probably be one classification separate from the rest of the state.

south hampton may not be the larger of the two but south hamptom is a lot larger than any school in this area. as far as for travel and having teams just play where they fall. that will not work because of the cost of travel. just like lee high where they are not many team their size. and travel cost can be very much with cost of fuel and feeding the team. and unless the vhsl would be willing to give these school a travel expense for long distance i do not see teams or schools going for having to travel very long distances. i think it is at least 3 hours or more for lee to travel to tazewell county and if graham and tazewell were made to play 1 a it travel would not be much of a problem. but i dont see lee going to a 1a team though i do not know their enrollment.in the more populated areas of eastern va there are many schools and travel is not a problem nor is money for these schools.and i agree not a lot of difference between swva and most of wv schools. but when you get to the roanoke valley and further the schools are larger and a lot better than this area.