AA High School Golf

[ QUOTE ]

Oak Hill won the AA Region III golf tournament today and James Monroe was second. Scott Prince of Shady Spring and Phillip Shrewsberry of James Monroe were co-medalist with both shooting 71's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job Scott and Phillip...looks like those lessons that Scott took have paid off and Phillip has become a pretty good golfer in his own right, developing his skills on the Blue Ridge Junior Golf Tour. Good luck to both players and both schools in the State Tournament.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew keep playing. It is a great tool for a successful businessman and politician.

Focus on your game through the regionals and state. Practice and play your best so we can see a championship come home to Tazewell.

I will tell you that I was at RHS today and that district trophy is being displayed on the counter in the office. So you guys need to go out and get the rest of the hardware.

[ QUOTE ]

hey cecil...if u need someone to partner with in ping pong i am here for ya after last night and how indestructible i am at the game

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray, you are horrible at Sting Pong, but nobody can hit you so it doesn't matter.

Ha-ha

jk

But I am willing to put my undefeated record on the line if anybody wants to play me.

Who would be graham's best golfer in the state...earlier this week at the region tourney I don't think more than one G-man made it to states. The guy I played with from Graham shot a 96. Garland Greene however is a very respectable golfer with an outstanding resume and is clearly the region's golfer of the year

[ QUOTE ]

Who would be graham's best golfer in the state...earlier this week at the region tourney I don't think more than one G-man made it to states. The guy I played with from Graham shot a 96. Garland Greene however is a very respectable golfer with an outstanding resume and is clearly the region's golfer of the year

[/ QUOTE ]

J.D. Hunter...he shot 75 at the Region tourney.

haha that was me that shot a 96 those pin placements were horrible i 3 puted like every hole. i was talking to the golfers that i played with and i asked what they shot at the district tournament and one said like 88 and the other said like 89 so southwest district is by far the best district for golf in the region because the last person to go to regions shot an 82 in the southwest districe

[ QUOTE ]

haha that was me that shot a 96 those pin placements were horrible i 3 puted like every hole. i was talking to the golfers that i played with and i asked what they shot at the district tournament and one said like 88 and the other said like 89 so southwest district is by far the best district for golf in the region because the last person to go to regions shot an 82 in the southwest districe

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, #7 was AWFUL.

The guy I played with had 8 pars on the front, along with a 7-putt 9(+5) on hole #7.

[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations to Phillip Shrewsbury, James Monroe High School AA State Medalist 2006 West Virginia State High School Golf Championship.

Great Job Phillip on shooting a 77 both days.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCELLENT!!! Another BRJGT golfer with a State Title!!! Congrats to Phillip!!!