AA High School Golf

Bluefield has pretty much dominated AA high school golf in recent years. Last year they beat a young Shady Spring team by one stroke in the regional then Shady turned around and beat them at the state tournament. Who's the team to pick to win the regional (Bluefield, Pikeview, Oak Hill, Independence, Westside, Iaeger, Liberty, Shady Spring, James Monroe, and Summers County). Any thoughts on who has the best chance to be the regional medalist?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Scott Prince may open a few eyes this year...he's been taking lessons up at FCC and working on his game quite a bit...we'll see if it pays off in October...

Who's the team to pick to win the regional (Bluefield, Pikeview, Oak Hill, Independence, Westside, Iaeger, Liberty, Shady Spring, James Monroe, and Summers County). Any thoughts on who has the best chance to be the regional medalist?

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

the kid from graham played at the same tournament the kid from tazewell did earlier this week and the kid from graham beat green by like 7 strokes

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, Garland shot 66...the kid from Graham shot 71...

http://www.bdtonline.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_216231526.html

BTW, Garland committed to VT this past week...

Guest Stang02

Just wondering, would anyone know how to get into The Pocahontas?? or is it a invitional tournament??

Guest Stang02

yea i know i saw highlights on channel 6....i was just wonderin for like next year

[ QUOTE ]

Just wondering, would anyone know how to get into The Pocahontas?? or is it a invitional tournament??

[/ QUOTE ]

Individual tournament...6 handicap or less to get in...contact First Century Bank next Spring to get on mailing list for entry form.

• 2 weeks later...

What has JD ever done? Garland won the State jr Match Play. JD tried to play in it, but he cant make the cut. He even won the pocahontas jr title. It was JD's home course, and he cant even beat Garland there. Look at the records, and it will tell you that Garland is by far the better player.

Yea what's up. Get ya sum

fincastle is garlands home course to he is a member there. Garland has a year on him by next year jd will be better. JD dont practice or anything and i think in school league JD has beat him twice and garland beat him once and they tied once. JD shot a 32 at fincastle last week i think and garland shot a 33 it is pretty close competition between them to.