1st day

EH31

[ QUOTE ]

So players can basically just show up today for the first time and still make the team and all?

Thats pretty amaizing....

[/ QUOTE ]

They make the team if they can cut it. Two-a-days in the heat of August usually trims the fat so to speak, separating those that can from those that cannot.

I drove by the field up at richlands and saw nobody??...this was because they were practicing on the field behind the elementary school instead of the baseball field but looked like sum good numbers out there. Im stopping by tomorrow and watching most likely!! Hey gayheart, call me i lost ur number we'll go up tomorrow!

[ QUOTE ]

Thats true Rules, but from what i've heard. If you dont come to summer conditioning and weight lifting for bluefield, the only time you touch the field is when you run onto it

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's how it should be. If you miss the off-season workouts you aren't prepared like the other players that didn't miss the workouts.

Bland has 32 kids out. I cant imagine any of the kids we have quitting. A couple are on vacation and had to go to work. I think the Bears will end up with no more then 40 kids willing to give it there all this year.

boy did i ever hear a big statement today as i was watching the news....i saw greg mance make a tremendous statement...he says that his team lost no one that mattered and no one that cant be replaced........hhhmmmmmm.....only time will tell how much he lost and how good they really are....hope he can live up to his words...

i'm sure that coach mance has the utmost respect for the players that he lost from last year.......there was no disrepect intended i am sure......everyone knows what kind of talent is available this year and like last year, following the loss of great players like jeremy keene, travis tatum, cain ringstaff, jared smith, and the other seniors from 2004, richlands will field a very good team...i hope that you will be pulling for them....but it doesn't sound like it.... maybe you feel you are irreplaceable??

Graham did look to have a good amount of kids out this year, but then again they were all kinda bunched up so that really didn't tell me much. Tomarrow I may drive by and see what they have going on.

good coaches cannot single out every kid for their roles on last years team - they would be in a 60 minutes episode

high school is over for the kids from last years team, no since on dwelling on the past & to the future 2006 chapter of richlands football yes time will tell -

"good teams rebuild - great teams reload"

ARE U READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL A FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY!

lol lol...no im not unreplaceable.....very replaceable more like it... but all i was saying is a record breaking team dont come along every year...they got a great team out there this year, could go far...but we had 2 all state players, and a third if he had, had the grades...no disrespect toward the blues...dont forget i bleed blue...just saying that was a big statement at the beginning of the year...

i'll be stunned if richlands doesn't have at least 2 all-state performers this year.....they return 4 1st team all-region and 5 all-region overall....and the one 2nd team all-region (mcknight) will probably be 1st team all-state this year

I SAW THE WVVA BROADCAST AND HAVE IT ON TAPE. THERE WAS NOTHING SAID ABOUT REPLACING PLAYERS FROM COACH MANCE. YOU NEED TO ACCURATELY QUOTE WHO IS SAYING WHAT. IF YOU NEED A COPY OF THE BROADCAST, SEND ME A PM.

The direct quote on WVVA from Coach Mance was, "No, we're not one that says yeah we're going to win the district, state, region. Uh, you know, we want to improve every day, and if we do that we are going to improve as a football team and that's all you can do." End of quote.