I can't keep my mouth shut anymore...

futbolking

After debating with Bluefield fans for weeks and hearing how superior bluefield's line will be compared to Graham and how Graham doesn't hit as hard as Bluefield...all I have to say is..."I TOLD YOU SO!"...that's all I have to say. You Bluefield fans can bash me all you want...

Ask your QB how hard Graham hits. He was literally out on his feet after a hit that Martin put on him.

[ QUOTE ]

\Ask your QB how hard Graham hits. He was literally out on his feet after a hit that Martin put on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Matt Yost how it felt when he got lit up my J.T. Powell..the biggest hit of the night

[ QUOTE ]

haha wrong he had -1 yards rushing. and it wasnt the lines fought it was the nasty g-men defence

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess I gave him too much credit........

yea i think the paper gave him credit for a -1 yard total rushing. i was surprised with all the hype on powell that he did not do anything in the game other than as the one beaver on here said one big hit.i am going to say this just as a observer because i dont know how the bhs players felt but after the first half it looked like to me that bhs players were the ones trying to avoid the hits not running hard or tackling at all. they looked beaten. now it has been said by many bhs fans alike that bhs did not come into this game with their game faces on and it was "only their first game". that being said i thought it was ghs first game also or did the get one in on bhs and everyone before this game. did ghs start practice much sooner than bhs. did they get more scrimmages in than bhs.it to me was the first game for both teams. main difference i saw was ghs was more prepared hitting harder running harder and wanting this game much more than bhs. ghs was the better team and in my opinion for what it is worth and i will get bashed by bhs people for this they are the better team this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Matt Yost how it felt when he got lit up my J.T. Powell..the biggest hit of the night

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask jt powell AKA The Great as some of you bluefield fans want to put it how it felt when Steve Brown burnt him on the first play of the game for a 50 yard pass. okay now shut up

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

After debating with Bluefield fans .

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't debate with Bluefield fans, you just listen about how damn good Beaver is.

[/ QUOTE ]

We really don't have to say anything, 58-20-2 speaks for itself.

no a game is a game...no matter what the record is...and everytime someone says that yall got your @$$e$ kicked you will always bring up the record...but ask any one of the players on this years team for Graham...they dont give a darn about that record because they just won probably the biggest game most of them will EVER play in...and thats all they care about...they dont care about 1950 or anything like that...

That's fine, they earned the right to be proud of their victory and I congratulate them. It's just rather amusing that several of the Graham fans on here believe one game has wiped away 80 years of history where Bluefield has been the dominant team beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Personally I think graham has a good team, but I also think they're going to learn humility the hard way the way bluefield did at some point in this season. Graham has 9 games to go and they've already concluded what a great team they have. And as I've written after the game, actually you're correct, I do think bluefield sucked in that game. So consider that for what it's worth.

"i just dont think that 1950's have anything to do with now...so im tired of people bringin that crap up..."

Actually partner most of those comments have been in defense of bluefield and wv football, which has been disrespected quite a lot not only in recent months, but especially since last week.

Not only that but I don't recall any posts written in a laughing, derogatory manner about the graham teams that bluefield has whooped, such as '04. Bluefield fans accepted the congrats, wished graham well and moved on in '04.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

After debating with Bluefield fans .

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't debate with Bluefield fans, you just listen about how damn good Beaver is.

[/ QUOTE ]

We really don't have to say anything, 58-20-2 speaks for itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're like the strange old man at the nursing home who drones on and on about how good life was before the First World War. The Graham fans and Bluefield Virginia are looking forward at what is to come, not the past.

Like I said, if my record was that poor against my rival, I'd probably do whatever I could to forget it and continually try to convince myself that things are going to get better, despite factual evidence to the contrary.

Graham would have to win the next 38 games straight to even the series and even if they did that, I'm sure we would hear comments to the side of, "Before 2006, we dominated that series and you better never forget that. It doesn't matter that you all have won 39 straight games because we dominated the series when it counted the most: at the beginning!"

I wish I had a rivalry like this to be attached to. Hey, my dad did graduate from Bluefield in the 70's, but he didn't play football. Does that make me a de facto Beaver, if I choose? laugh.gif

I would say so when the past sucks, all you have is to look at the future. This will give you all something to talk about for years and years!!! then we will just flash the 58-20-2 record, thats just how it is. It is kind of like you all are the redskins and we a the cowboys. the skins may have a few good seasons but can never reach the status (superbowls)and tradition the cowboys have brought to the table over the years.

Past Schmast....Who gives a crap about what happened 50 or 60 years ago...most of those people that played are DEAD now...I don't hear them bragging... Only thing that matters is what happened on August 25th, 2006! You folks from Bluefield have no other argument, than to live in the past....and say...well, we have a better record...blah blah blah...Rather than admit your team got whooped...and be a man about it.