Big news for WVU fans

mavsgrad

Coker was actually their 3rd or 4th choice when they hired him. His National Championship was won with players who were recruited under Butch Davis. Much like Ralph Friedgen won the ACC with Ron Vanderlinden's players. I do think Coker is gone after this year. They expect to compete for a National Championship every year and he's not doing that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Coker was actually their 3rd or 4th choice when they hired him. His National Championship was won with players who were recruited under Butch Davis. Much like Ralph Friedgen won the ACC with Ron Vanderlinden's players. I do think Coker is gone after this year. They expect to compete for a National Championship every year and he's not doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, Miami clearly is not the same now as when Coker took over with Davis' players. One "down year" is one thing, but Coker hasn't even led them to an ACC title with his own players filling the roster.

Updated: Sep. 18, 2006, 6:28 PM ET

Off the Mark

ACC Commissioner John Swofford, your rent for this space is past due. Once again, it was a bad week for college football's new power conference. Miami was blown out at Louisville. Virginia lost to, ahem, Western Michigan. NC State suffered another humiliating loss. North Carolina surrendered 521 yards offense to Division I-AA Furman and barely survived with a 45-42 victory. Georgia Tech needed three fourth-quarter touchdowns to pull away from Troy. Maryland didn't put up much of a fight against rival West Virginia. Thank goodness for Wake Forest.

As of now i believe the sec and big ten followed probably by the ACC and then the big east...My personal opinion of course, I do believe the Pac-10 is always a little over rated however USC is very good as usual...College football is really starting to have talent spread everywhere in the country...Big 12 is not that talented at all besides usual texas and oklahoma.

that could be true but i dont look at strength of teams in conferences rather then how well the teams in the conferences are evenly matched..thats what makes the Big 12 strong..they are all pretty evenly matched...