Big news for WVU fans

mavsgrad

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

If WVU wins (or loses a close one) it wouldn't be disrespectful at all. They will have earned it. If they get blown out they will become an example of why college football needs a playoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

AGREED!!

you dont even know how good the teams in the big east are yet... i hate stupid people who think they know something about football, just repeating what they hear on espn,,,, look at the big east so far, rutgers blow out a big 10 and acc team so far pitsburg did the same thing to va cavs, and lousiville is killing everyone they play,,, wv on the other hand plays a team that a pac 10 team played the week before and gave up 17 points to and scored on them with 4 different qbs.. the national champs should be the best team period, not the team that jumps through the most hoops on one leg,, lets wait till the end of the season to judge a team or a conference, so far the only team in the big east to lose a game out side the conference in the orange and the played the #14 team in the country to over time and should have beaten them... get your facts straight dude, wvu can beat any team in the country when they play their a game and thats what its all about

btw thats the same disrespect that the players in this area get,,, people saying they cant play football like the guys in the city... i looked up mckrackens ratings from the scouts and they have him really low and i compared him to a dude in fla that was ranked really high and mccracken had better stats more size and more speed, it is people like the dude that said wvu shouldnt get to play for the national champ that knock out local talent out of future carrers look at josh cobertson from nitro last year, averaged 300 yds a game and got very few looks, cause he wasnt from eastern va or fla or ca wake up dude talent can be anywhere

IF WVU PLAYS FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IT WILL BE THE BIGGEST JOKE IN COLLEGE SPORTS IN A LONG TIME. WHAT A JOKE OF A SCHEDULE... THE BIG LEAST NEEDS STRIPPED OF THE AUTOMATIC BCS TIE-IN. NOWAY WVU COULD COMPETE IN THE ACC, SEC, BIG TEN, OR PAC-10. NO WONDER THEIR OUT OF CONFERENCE SCHEDULE IS WEAK....

partner I'm not repeating anything I've heard on espn, I've watched football for decades and happen to know quite a lot about football, wv, the big east, ect, I happen to be thinking and speaking for myself. It could be maybe the fact that a lot of non wv fans agree is for a reason.

You're higher expectations for the big east are your opinion, but I can guarantee regardless of the big east's caliber the big east conference schedule is not equal to those of other bcs conferences, and occ schedules show a lot.

"lets wait till the end of the season to judge a team or a conference,"

"wvu can beat any team in the country when they play their a game and thats what its all about"

contradiction, simple as that. ...

so you show me a fact at this early point in the season since you're telling others to get theirs straight....

that is my facts. no one knows how good any team or conference is till they play a few games. what has the acc done, they have fla state and miami thats it, no one else in that league has done any thing, the big ten has ohio state and big 12 has texas everyone else in those leagues gets killed when they play out of league. the only league that is deep is the sec, and look what wvu did to their champion, and yes that was last year so lets see what they do this year, who knows they may lose to louy or rutgers, never know, if they do then we have nothing to talk about, but one thing i guarantee you is no one can stop their offence and if they win out and if the big east has 4 ranked teams here in a couple weeks> (4 in the top 31 right now) then we have alot to talk about

SO YOU THINK IT IS FAIR THAT THE LOSER OF LSU/AUBURN IS OUT OF THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP HUNT. WHY BE PENALIZED FOR PLAYING A TOUGH SCHEDULE? WVU ONLY REAL TEST IS AGAINST LOUISVILLE. WHO ELSE TO THEY PLAY????? IF YOU WANT RESPECT PLAY SOMEONE. SORRY BUT THE BIG EAST DOES NOT DESERVE A BCS TIE-IN. THE MAC DESERVES ONE BEFORE THE BIG EAST DOES.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

IF WVU PLAYS FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IT WILL BE THE BIGGEST JOKE IN COLLEGE SPORTS IN A LONG TIME. WHAT A JOKE OF A SCHEDULE... THE BIG LEAST NEEDS STRIPPED OF THE AUTOMATIC BCS TIE-IN. NOWAY WVU COULD COMPETE IN THE ACC, SEC, BIG TEN, OR PAC-10. NO WONDER THEIR OUT OF CONFERENCE SCHEDULE IS WEAK....

[/ QUOTE ]

That shows how stupid you are Legend. You absolutely have no idea what you are talking about. First off, have you looked at Va Tech's out of conference schedule, yeah exactly. Secondly, the Big East is much better then what you think. WVU and Lousiville are powerhouses, Rutgers has already whooped an acc and big ten team. Pitt killed UVA, even Syracuse one of the worst teams in the Big East almost upset a top 15 team. Lastly, you say WVU couldn't compete in other conferences. I think around last January many people proclaimed that WVU had no chance with the BIG BAD Georgia Bulldogs from the Big BAd SEC. Well you know who won that game.

When VT and Miami were in the Big East how many Championship did WVU win???? When you played a real out of conference game last year what happened???? (let's not count the Georgia game because we all know Georgia thought WVU was a joke and did not prepare)

No JJBRICKFACE it shows how stupid you are... Do you really think Georgia took WVU serious??? Face it the Big East will never be respected in football because of the sorry football programs the only chance the BIG LEAST has to get respect is if Notre Dame joins the conference in football. Let's face it if Miami and VT were still in your conference we would not even be having this discussion..

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

When VT and Miami were in the Big East how many Championship did WVU win???? When you played a real out of conference game last year what happened???? (let's not count the Georgia game because we all know Georgia thought WVU was a joke and did not prepare)

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again you show how stupid you are. How can you bring up what happened 5 years ago with the team WVU has now? Va Tech was the better team then, but that was also a different WVU team. Bednarik and Gwaltney was seeing alot of playing time as opposed to White and Slaton, and YES lets do count the Georgia win. WVU ran all over the Bulldogs. If they thought we were a joke like you say then Georgia doesnt belong in a BCS game. You play to win Big Games.

Guest JJBrickface

I have to tell you that ACC has performed so well so far this year. They are 0-2 against the "Big Least" as you say. NC State lost Akron! AKRON?? AKRON? AKRON?? Boston College struggled with Eastern Michigan. Florida State barely held off Troy State! TROY STATE????? Duke lost to a DIv.1-AA team!! 1-AA???? R U KIDDING ME? That ACC is so good let me tell you.

No once again it shows how stupid you are... The whole discussion is about the BIG LEAST being a soft conference. So let me ask the question again. How many conference championships did WVU win when VT and Miami were part of the conference???? So do you really think if WVU goes undefeated (with a pie schedule) they would deserve to play for a national title before let's say a 11-1 Texas team (which only loss was to the #1 team in the country during WEEK 2 of the season). Now do you see why no one respects WVU or the Big East.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

No once again it shows how stupid you are... The whole discussion is about the BIG LEAST being a soft conference. So let me ask the question again. How many conference championships did WVU win when VT and Miami were part of the conference???? So do you really think if WVU goes undefeated (with a pie schedule) they would deserve to play for a national title before let's say a 11-1 Texas team (which only loss was to the #1 team in the country during WEEK 2 of the season). Now do you see why no one respects WVU or the Big East.

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU won two championships while those two were in the league. Like I said WVU proved last year that they can play with anyone in the country. If they are one of two undefeated teams in the nation then they belong.

What a joke!!!! Maybe Notre Dame can schedule all Div 1-AA,schools for the next 10 years and play for the national title all 10 years. Makes sense right????? Hope your football season is exciting playing against those powerhouse teams.

Guest JJBrickface

How can you bring up Div. 1-AA teams when a team from the ACC actually lost to one? You can bash the Big East all you want but the ACC is not that good either. BC - almost lost to Eastern Michigan, FSU - almost lost to Troy State, Wake Forest - sucks every year, Maryland - back to back 5-6 seasons, struglled against William and Mary and some other crappy team. NC State - lost to AKRON, Clemson - sub par team every year, Va Tech - a very good team but also has a soft non conf schedule, Ga Tech - pretty good, Virginia - SUCKS Hot killed by a Big East team, then almost lost to WYOMING at home, Miami - not what they use to be, Duke - possibly the worst team in Div. 1 football, North Carolina - another very average team. You can't argue with those facts.

How many national titles has the teams in the Big Least won in football???? Who is the last heisman trophy winner??? Who is the last person to take WVU or Big East football serious??? Come on man to compare the big east to the acc not even close. I don't think WVU would finish higher than 4th in the ACC. You got spanked last year by the ACC'S third best team (VT). Has WVU ever beaten Miami????

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

How many national titles has the teams in the Big Least won in football???? Who is the last heisman trophy winner??? Who is the last person to take WVU or Big East football serious??? Come on man to compare the big east to the acc not even close. I don't think WVU would finish higher than 4th in the ACC. You got spanked last year by the ACC'S third best team (VT). Has WVU ever beaten Miami????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they have beaten Miami. WIth what the ACC has this year then WVU would definately be at the top.

I don't think WVU would win the ACC this year but they would probably be top-4.

If WVU wins out they will probably play for the title as long as everyone ranked ahead of them loses a game and as long as no one jumps them.

If they win the National Championship or at least make a respectable showing then they will deserve it... If they are blown out they will become an example not only of why the Big East shouldn't have an automatic bid, but why a playoff is badly needed.

Personally I think WVU would lose to most of the current top-10 and probably a few that are ranked lower.

I would compare WVU's win over Georgia to VT's win over Texas in the 1995 Sugar Bowl. Both were major upsets that caused a lot of people to take notice. It was a springboard for Tech. Whether or not it will be the same for WVU depends on a lot of things. They definitely have the right coach to be a perennial powerhouse but I'm not sure the reputation of the Big East will ever allow them to recruit with the top teams from other conferences.

I wouldn't put much stock in Big East wins over Maryland, Duke and UVA. The Fridge has ran Maryland in the ground after going to a BCS bowl with Ron Vanderlinden's talent. Vanderlinden was building a winner there but the powers that be cut him loose a year too soon. Pitt over UVA? Also nothing to get excited about. Al Groh is doing to them what the Fridge is doing to Maryland. Duke is... well, Duke.

VT has a very weak OOC schedule this year because there is no big time opponent from another conference. That was not on purpose. They try to get at least one marquee OOC game every year but sometimes they have to settle for what they can get. In the near future the have LSU, Ohio State, Nebraska and others.

WVU has had a solid program since the early 80's and owns the series against VT all time. VT has had a solid team since well Michael Vick. Both are established programs lets all get over it..And yes WVU beat Miami in 93 to win the Big East Championship on a Robert Walker TD run late in game.