Big news for WVU fans

mavsgrad

[ QUOTE ]

How many national titles has the teams in the Big Least won in football???? Who is the last heisman trophy winner??? Who is the last person to take WVU or Big East football serious??? Come on man to compare the big east to the acc not even close. I don't think WVU would finish higher than 4th in the ACC. You got spanked last year by the ACC'S third best team (VT). Has WVU ever beaten Miami????

[/ QUOTE ]

National Titles-1 (Maimi, 2001)

Title Game Apperances-3 (Va Tech 1999, Miami 2001,2002)

Heisman Trophy winner- Gino Toretta, Miami

Last Team to take the Big East Seriously.........the 2005 Gerogia Bulldogs.

Ever beaten miami? 1992 or 1993? but yes.

Has Virginia Tech ever beaten Florida State w/ Bobby Bowden?

ACC= All Cupcake Conference

Right here, right now, the top tier Big East teams look better than the the top tier ACC teams.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wasn't comparing VT to WVU. I was only giving an honest opinion of this year's WVU team. But if you want to talk about history, here you go... VT had been to six consecutive bowl games, won two Big East Championships, and played in the Orange and Sugar Bowls before Michael Vick took his first snap. Saying WVU owns the series is about as silly as the people who harp on the fact Bluefield owns the series against Graham. When you look at the series since the Big East was formed you'll see that VT more than "owns" the series. VT is the only team in the history of the Big East that has a winning record against every team in the Big East... including Miami. Nobody cares about what happened 20, 30, 40 years ago except the people who have been "owned" in recent years.

"Saying WVU owns the series is about as silly as the people who harp on the fact Bluefield owns the series against Graham."

Any reason bluefield fans shouldn't? Despite what graham fans say the series isn't equalling out, they say this isn't the '70s or '60s, yet you only have to go back to '01 when that was graham's 1st victory against bluefield since '95.

"what has the acc done, they have fla state and miami thats it, no one else in that league has done any thing,"

and ga tech didn't play notre dame close? Clemson isn't a strong team? Have the hokies been defeated? That's actually an honest question maybe they have but I doubt it at this point.

what has the big east accomplished, rutgers is a better football team? They don't have to do much to be a better football team do they. Or wv, what top ranked teams have they defeated?

"the big ten has ohio state and big 12 has texas everyone else in those leagues gets killed when they play out of league."

the present big east accomplishes what in ooc games, do they ever even play strong teams from bcs conferences, aside from that bcs bowl bid they have?

"the only league that is deep is the sec, and look what wvu did to their champion,"

ga didn't respect wv and thought they only had to show up. If wv was so strong they wouldn't have had games the likes of 1 score victories over the likes of ecu in the regular season.

[ QUOTE ]

"Saying WVU owns the series is about as silly as the people who harp on the fact Bluefield owns the series against Graham."

Any reason bluefield fans shouldn't? Despite what graham fans say the series isn't equalling out, they say this isn't the '70s or '60s, yet you only have to go back to '01 when that was graham's 1st victory against bluefield since '95.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield fans should be proud of their all-time record over Graham... But it really doesn't mean much right now. I think recent history has shown the two to be fairly equal. Of course, I'm speaking as a fan of two teams (VT and RHS) who don't lead the all-time series against most of the teams they play... Yet have dominated those teams in recent years. Some may see it as a flash in the pan... others as a changing of the guard.

[ QUOTE ]

ok i will..

the big east is weak

[/ QUOTE ] Here's some impressive games from the acc this year Louisville 31 Miami 7 and not even that close, W Michigan 17 Uva 10, Week 1,1AA Richmond 10 Duke 0, WVU 45 Maryland 24 all so very impressive!!!!! Btw I am a huge FSU fan.

There's 2 mid to upper level ranked top 25 teams in the big east, that's it, louisville is the mid top 25 caliber team, wv is a legit top 10 team. They're are having good seasons.

Aside from that it doesn't really matter if rutgers defeats the likes of oh, and as you mentioned cinn., that game didn't finish that well for them.

If the big east were a stronger conference lousiville wv wouldn't be the only game wv fans would have to be concerned about.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Big East is Weak! There are two good programs in the conference... That's it!

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be true, but the ACC has only one good team. Two is more than one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why I said "programs" rather than "teams".

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Big East is Weak! There are two good programs in the conference... That's it!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think all's well in with the programs in Talahassee and Coral Gables, you didn't watch the same games that I did on Saturday.

This shakeup is going to stir the ACC coaches. From what I've heard Bunting, Amato, Coker & Groh are all out the door before next season, with Amato & Coker looking like they won't even get to finish this season.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think all's well in with the programs in Talahassee and Coral Gables, you didn't watch the same games that I did on Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

All isn't well in the ACC and I agree that there will likely be some big coaching changes, but to say the Big East is a strong conference is just plain silly. It wasn't even a strong conference before VT, Miami and BC left. It was just top-heavy.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All isn't well in the ACC and I agree that there will likely be some big coaching changes, but to say the Big East is a strong conference is just plain silly. It wasn't even a strong conference before VT, Miami and BC left. It was just top-heavy.

[/ QUOTE ]

A strong conference and a conference stronger than the ACC are two different things. The ACC looks like VPI's for the taking. The Big East has at least one more compelling game, and that's one more interesting game than the ACC looks to have.

disagree, in my opinion clemson, ga tech, fl st and miami all seem to be respectable teams, the hokies I haven't watched. Bc's respectable as well it seems. This isn't the strongest acc in years, it's likely the lesser caliber it's been in quite a while, but it's still a respectable conference overall. That said I'm not particularly an acc fan either.

[ QUOTE ]

disagree, in my opinion clemson, ga tech, fl st and miami all seem to be respectable teams, the hokies I haven't watched. Bc's respectable as well it seems. This isn't the strongest acc in years, it's likely the lesser caliber it's been in quite a while, but it's still a respectable conference overall. That said I'm not particularly an acc fan either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, two things here. Your using the term "respectable" and the conversation has turn into ACC -vs- Big East. Two, you're going to have a hard time selling Miami and Boston College to me. Miami has not defeated a 1-A opponent as of yet, and Boston College has been taken to double overtime twice (one game was BYU) and Central Michigan hung within a touchdown (31-24).

VT, GT, Miami, BC, FSU, and Clemson are much better overall than the top 6 teams in the Big East....Just because the Big East has WVU and Lousiville doesnt make them a "power" conference although those 2 teams would be just fine in the ACC this season....

Someone earlier threw Rutgers into the mix but IMO, any of those top 6 ACC schools would beat Rutgers this season.

But my post in this thread wasnt about ACC vs Big East, it was about the Big East not being a stong conference. ACC is DOWN this season as a whole, but that still doenst make the Big East a strong conference.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, two things here. Your using the term "respectable" and the conversation has turn into ACC -vs- Big East. Two, you're going to have a hard time selling Miami and Boston College to me. Miami has not defeated a 1-A opponent as of yet, and Boston College has been taken to double overtime twice (one game was BYU) and Central Michigan hung within a touchdown (31-24).

[/ QUOTE ]

Miami's last six games (going back to last year):

lost to Ga. Tech 14-10

beat UVA 25-17

lost to LSU 40-3

lost to FSU 13-10

beat Florida A&M 51-10

lost to Louisville 31-7

Folks, there are MAJOR PROBLEMS in Miami...but they've got the schedule to get "well" soon...next four games...Houston, UNC, Florida Interantional, and Duke.

point being bc is as strong a team, if not stronger, as any other big east team aside from wv and lousiville.

"lost to Ga. Tech 14-10

beat UVA 25-17

lost to LSU 40-3

lost to FSU 13-10

beat Florida A&M 51-10

lost to Louisville 31-7

Folks, there are MAJOR PROBLEMS in Miami"

I don't consider that major problems myself, it might be for miami's expectations, but it's not as if those lsu, fsu and louiville teams aren't strong teams. How many other teams might lsu have defeated as easily, or how many other teams would have likely been defeated by fl st or lousiville. But by miami's expectations that might warrant a coaching change.

Doesn't coker have a national title at miami only a few seasons ago, and quite a few big victories overall, college football fans are to spolied that they can't even realize teams rebuild or have down seasons, even the strongest programs overall.