Big news for WVU fans

mavsgrad

I know that the season is only a week old but most people viewed louisville as WVU's only real threat this season. Well that game just took a big twist as louisville's star running back is out for the season with a broken leg. I hate it for Micheal Bush because this is his senior year but this is a big plus for WVU.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

I disagree, Lousiville will have a potent offense no matter who their running back is. Besides the game will still be played at Lousiville.

Guest JJBrickface

Yea but when you have a passing attack like Lousiville then it helps. There is no doubt that this hurts Lousiville very much but to call it a guarantee win for WVU right now is just not right.

don't get me wrong, i am in know way saying that you can chalk up a W in the win column for WVU. however as has already been metioned i think it strikes a blow to team confidence and i don't believe louisville has any back up rb's that can match bush's explosiveness. it will still be a tough game for WVU but i think things got a little simpler for WVU's definse in that game.

[ QUOTE ]

VT usually loses to someone like Temple...I look for Louisville who looked fine without bush, pitt, and rutgers to be very good games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, losing to Temple EIGHT YEARS AGO qualifies as "Usually".

[ QUOTE ]

VT usually loses to someone like Temple...

[/ QUOTE ]

Since that loss to Temple, this is who VT has lost to...

'98...Syracuse 28 VT 26

'98...Virginia 36 VT 32

'99...Florida St. 46 VT 29

'00...Miami 41 VT 21

'01...Syracuse 22 VT 14

'01...Pitt 38 VT 7

'01...Miami 26 VT 24

'01...Florida St. 30 VT 17

'02...Pitt 28 VT 21

'02...Syracuse 50 VT 42 3 OTs

'02...WVU 21 VT 18

'02...Miami 56 VT 45

'03...WVU 28 VT 7

'03...Pitt 31 VT 28

'03...Boston College 34 VT 27

'03...Virginia 35 VT 21

'03...California 52 VT 49

'04...Southern Cal 24 VT 13

'04...North Carolina St. 17 VT 16

'04...Auburn 16 VT 13

'05...Miami 27 VT 7

'05...Florida St. 27 VT 22

Yeh, I see LOTS of teams on the list that VT has lost to that are like Temple...<rolls eyes, shakes head>...

VT 06' PREDICTED LOSSES.

BOSTON COLLEGE

MIAMI

GEORGIA TECH

CLEMSON

THEY SHOULD BEAT RUTGERS, BUT IT WILL NOT BE AS EASY THIS YEAR AS APPOSED TO PREVIOUS YEARS

WVU 06' LOSSES 0

THEY WILL PLAY AND DEFEAT OHIO STATE IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

[ QUOTE ]

VT 06' PREDICTED LOSSES.

BOSTON COLLEGE

MIAMI

GEORGIA TECH

CLEMSON

THEY SHOULD BEAT RUTGERS, BUT IT WILL NOT BE AS EASY THIS YEAR AS APPOSED TO PREVIOUS YEARS

WVU 06' LOSSES 0

THEY WILL PLAY AND DEFEAT OHIO STATE IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

[/ QUOTE ]

In the words of Aerosmith..."Dream on..."

as nice as that would be i am not ready to reserve my motel room in arizona just yet. louisville still looks very good and rutgers is going to be tough as well. WVU has the potential to go udefeated but they won't be able to just sleep walk into the national championship. and even if they do go undefeated there is no garuntee they will make it then. look at the 1993 WVU team. VT on the other hand doesn't impress me. their defense and special teams are helping them win games and they haven't even played anyone yet. they had better get some offense going on in blacksburg.

It will be a disrespect to college football if wv plays for a national title with their schedule, a team should have to earn it to be in that game. Going undefeated is never easy but wv fans shouldn't kid themselves into thinking that strength of schedule shouldn't matter. But that said I honestly don't think even an undefeated wv team would have a high enough rating.

"BUT IT WILL NOT BE AS EASY THIS YEAR AS APPOSED TO PREVIOUS YEARS"

I WAS MEANING THIS IN TERMS OF WOULD NOT BE EASY. WE WERE TALKING ABOUT RUTGERS, JUST SAYING THAT THEY (ru) HAS IMPROVED SOME AND TECH DOES NOT HAVE THE PREMIER TEAM THAT THEY HAVE HAD WHEN PLAYED RU BEFORE.

[ QUOTE ]

It will be a disrespect to college football if wv plays for a national title with their schedule, a team should have to earn it to be in that game. Going undefeated is never easy but wv fans shouldn't kid themselves into thinking that strength of schedule shouldn't matter. But that said I honestly don't think even an undefeated wv team would have a high enough rating.

[/ QUOTE ]

How would it be disrespectful if WVU would actually WIN the title game? Seems no one has considered that. But yeah I agree with you, undefeated or not, WVU will have trouble getting enough BCS points to play in the title game.