Awfully windy in Bluefield this morning...

GMan

and the forecast is for more wind (10-15mph w/gusts to 25) tonight. If it keeps blowing the way it is now, it will definitely affect the passing game tonight at Mitchell Stadium...and it could get a little wet this evening too...

How well does Mitchell typically handle wind? Looks like it should be pretty well shielded on all sides.

The rain is supposed to hold off until after the game but you never know I guess. I hope it holds off or else I won't be able to take pictures.

[ QUOTE ]

How well does Mitchell typically handle wind? Looks like it should be pretty well shielded on all sides.

The rain is supposed to hold off until after the game but you never know I guess. I hope it holds off or else I won't be able to take pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

The wind usually swirls inside the stadium...if it continues coming out of the S/SW like it is right now, it will be blowing from the open end (concession/parking lot end) toward the scoreboard end of the stadium for the most part and will swirl once it gets to that end and butts up against the hillside cuts.

So far this morning, the wind has been a steady 10-12mph with gusts to 20-24mph. I looked at the radar just a little while ago, the heavy, steady stuff is still over in KY but some lighter, "stray" showers are already into SWVA...fortunately most of it is virga (not reaching the ground) and the humidity is still in the 60-70% range so the atmosphere is still too dry for any significant precip in the near future.

I'll keep everyone updated through the day...

I can't believe rhs fans haven't taken this opportunity to say that the wind is coming from richlands and is getting stronger as it approaches up 460.. but we could do without that. But Im pretty sure that mitchell stadium is always tornado proof!!!

[ QUOTE ]

The mighty wind you have been experiencing in Bluefield is all the "hot air" coming from the gmen fans thinking they will beat the blue tornado tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, its not "hot air" up here...its a bit chilly when the wind blows...

[ QUOTE ]

nah just the hot air coming from over at the golf course is the cause of the wind in bluefield. I might venture up to the game tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring your rain gear...

Going home to bluefild this evening, im in richlands now the STORM looks like a little drizzle. I think he Gmen are going to bring it tonight. The beaver have just blessed the field form last week..the michell stadium rut is over. beaver and g-girls are not going to lose anymore home games.

Wind- ?, Rain- ?, Clouds rolling in ? = in case I have missed something, these are element of a Storm! hehe I warned the G-men to get their bad weather gear. Ill be heading that way shotly with the Storm Chasers. see ya there

haha our principal talked to Richlands and stupidly mentioned that it was very windy and might rain tonight for the game and he said their principal didnt even miss a beat and said "The Storm is coming." so our principal said something like it will be nothing more than a few rain clouds and some wind...but it was quite funny...i guess you had to be there...

[ QUOTE ]

Wind- ?, Rain- ?, Clouds rolling in ? = in case I have missed something, these are element of a Storm! hehe I warned the G-men to get their bad weather gear. Ill be heading that way shotly with the Storm Chasers. see ya there

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you guys better bring rain gear thats for sure.its pouring down here.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you guys better bring rain gear thats for sure.its pouring down here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weather.com is now calling for showers throughout the game. The earlier forecast had them holding off until later.