Hurley Football

NorthDallas40

I wanna know how u can be shocked about how the team is doin???When you lose the district's leading rusher an 6 other starting Seniors that played on both sides of the ball ... an now u only have 3 senior on the team thats ever played football before now... soo how can anyone in hurley be shocked. if u know anything about football everyone in hurley seen it comimg.. HURLEY IS A VERY YOUNG FOOTBALL TEAM ... an thats something me an everyone else in Hurley has to deal with... ITS ANOTHER REBUILDING YEAR FOR HURLEY AGAIN

Hurley is a very young team and plus coach has kicked 2 or 3 of his seniors off the team. Its gonna be a long year for the rebels and that is no surprise. They sill have a chance to win some games.

first of all you dont kick your starters off the team and another thing the coaches seems to me they dont care they dont know how to place each player cant get a play in on time that is the worst i seen hurley in a bunch of years that was one game hurley should of won they can say what they want coach tester is not cut out for that job he may of played good ball in his days but he is not a coach i say bring coach hall back he would of won that walker game for shure. get ready to get another beating coach tester friday when big creek puts it to ya the same way. you he needs to go and get them to justus boys back if you want to win friday

what ever you think only thing i can say is r.i.p rebels the rest of the year because you will not win a game coaches just dont give a darn win or loose as long as they get there money they are happy thats the way it looks to me i wish they could of won a few this year but they will not.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Man I can tell you from a former players point of view... From experience.. these coaches dont do it for the money, but for love of the game... Dont judge a book by its cover becasue of a rebuilding year for Coach Tester and his staff, they all are great coaches and great ppl.

[ QUOTE ]

first of all you dont kick your starters off the team and another thing the coaches seems to me they dont care

[/ QUOTE ]

When your starters don't want to practice, on top of other issues, YES, you do kick them off the team. Those players can make a huge impression upon your younger players (aka, the REST of the team), and the worst possible thing you could have happen at this point in time is to allow Seniors to skip practice and demand playing time on Fridays and allow a Senior to fight every game without punishment.

[ QUOTE ]

they dont know how to place each player cant get a play in on time that is the worst i seen hurley in a bunch of years that was one game hurley should of won they can say what they want coach tester is not cut out for that job he may of played good ball in his days but he is not a coach i say bring coach hall back he would of won that walker game for shure.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there is one thing I am sure about, having watched Coach Hall the last three years is that if nothing else holds true, Coach Tester's team looked very much like every team Coach Hall put out on the field the previous three years. The difference is Coach Hall had talented Seniors at the skill positions (QB and RB) as well as on the line and at LB three years ago when all of his kids were Soph's and Freshmen. This year, Hurley only has a Senior RB and a FB, who then play LB and CB on defense.

I have a game tape from last year of the Thomas Walker game from the 4th quarter until the end. In this film, you can see what is roughly THIS YEARS Hurley team playing against basically the EXACT same Thomas Walker team. I believe Hurley's THEN second string was out scored 22-0 in that 4th quarter. What more could you expect from them this year?

[ QUOTE ]

get ready to get another beating coach tester friday when big creek puts it to ya the same way. you he needs to go and get them to justus boys back if you want to win friday

[/ QUOTE ]

The Justus boys who are no longer with the team have no relavance on how many games Hurley wins or loses this season. While I can surely submit that Hurley has a lot of areas there coaching staff could improve on (the passing game basically has TWO plays, a throw to the TE on an Out and a throw to a RB who motions out of the backfield), I do understand that they are having to work with kids who just didn't play a lot of little league/middle school football. Even some of the older kids who came out this year haven't played a down of football since they were 7th or 8th graders. Thats tough, regardless of who you are.

Even the kids who were second string last year don't have much experience because typically the only time the second string went in was when they went in as a group. Hurley hardly ever subbed in their second string with their first string last season, and now it is biting them (not the fault of the current coaching staff, however).

The middle school team has been fairly consistent the last two years, and a bunch of 8th graders are coming up next season, a good number of which will be ready to contribute in some form or fashion. Does that mean Hurley goes 8-3 next year? In no way, shape, or form, it does NOT. However, how many Hurley teams have EVER won 8 games or more? Since 1980, I can think of exactly TWO. 1982 and 2005.

Heads up Rebels. Ya'll didn't give up once you got down 14-0 within the first 4 minutes. The way you all moved the ball on your scoring drive is something you guys can do all year long if you remain confident and motivated (as well as the coaches calling the right mix of passes and rushes).

[ QUOTE ]

first of all you dont kick your starters off the team and another thing the coaches seems to me they dont care they dont know how to place each player cant get a play in on time that is the worst i seen hurley in a bunch of years that was one game hurley should of won they can say what they want coach tester is not cut out for that job he may of played good ball in his days but he is not a coach i say bring coach hall back he would of won that walker game for shure. get ready to get another beating coach tester friday when big creek puts it to ya the same way. you he needs to go and get them to justus boys back if you want to win friday

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have a dog in this fight. But have you ever heard of punctuation? I'm really not tryign to be a jerk, but it would help you posts make a little more sense. lol

And there is my two cents.

lord lord, i was just waiting for someone to start criticising the coaching staff. Coach Tester has only kicked off one player, Josh Justus for his attitude, lack of leadership, missing practice, drugs at football camp, fighting at school, missing practice to go to his girlfriends volleyball game, this one time in particular the kid didn't show up to practice so one of the coaches went to find him and where was he? he was with his girlfriend on the steps of some store, the coach had to beg him to come to practice. why didn't he want to come? because he didn't get his name in the paper like his friends did. yeah Hurley Rebel Football TEAM really need a kid like that playing for them. The other player, Brandon Justus quit. and by the way, he only practiced maybe 2 days a week... so please know the whole story before you criticize him on kicking off players. If he really wanted to be a ****, three more players will be gone to because they quit, but he allowed them back on the team and they haven't missed a practice since...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Could you repeat that?

[ QUOTE ]

Just for the record Hurley also went 8-2 in 1991 and 1992.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hurley's 1987 team was also pretty good, not sure on the record though. lost to a very strong garden team 6-0 in the regular season. And lost in the playoffs to the team that won the state championship which i am pretty sure was appalachia 13-6.

maybe i got a little bit ahead of myself but thats what i heard from 2 or 3 people i am sorry for what i said maybe the next time i will do a little bit searching before i run my mouth sorry to every one. by the way where will hurley play that big creek game because i heard they didnt have a field

[ QUOTE ]

maybe i got a little bit ahead of myself but thats what i heard from 2 or 3 people i am sorry for what i said maybe the next time i will do a little bit searching before i run my mouth sorry to every one. by the way where will hurley play that big creek game because i heard they didnt have a field

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Big Creek has a make-shift field marked out on their baseball feild...... And about kicking players off your teams, if he is a ditraction, and will be detramentel to the development of your team, the coach has every right to get rid of him. If a coach dosen't get rid of all the rif-raft, he will NEVER have control over his team... Say, we had problems with some players last year, and it boiled to a head on the way to play Hurley. The next week, we had three or four players gone, including our starting QB and FB. We struggled for a few weeks, but later in the season we recovored to play the 7th ranked team, and only be down 6-0 halfway through the 4th quarter...

[ QUOTE ]

lord lord, i was just waiting for someone to start criticising the coaching staff. Coach Tester has only kicked off one player, Josh Justus for his attitude, lack of leadership, missing practice, drugs at football camp, fighting at school, missing practice to go to his girlfriends volleyball game, this one time in particular the kid didn't show up to practice so one of the coaches went to find him and where was he? he was with his girlfriend on the steps of some store, the coach had to beg him to come to practice. why didn't he want to come? because he didn't get his name in the paper like his friends did. yeah Hurley Rebel Football TEAM really need a kid like that playing for them. The other player, Brandon Justus quit. and by the way, he only practiced maybe 2 days a week... so please know the whole story before you criticize him on kicking off players. If he really wanted to be a ****, three more players will be gone to because they quit, but he allowed them back on the team and they haven't missed a practice since...

[/ QUOTE ]

LORD LORD,You know i wonder why a coach like yourself REBS? would get on here an listen to this crap . should'nt you be breakin down film or working on something for your line to do this week in practice? An im sure that the justus kids loves it that you get on here an tell everyone about him making a mistake an doing dope/drugs at camp . YOU NEED TO GET YOUR MIND OFF THIS NET AN WORRY ABOUT WINNING A BALL GAME

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Hurley's 1987 team was also pretty good, not sure on the record though. lost to a very strong garden team 6-0 in the regular season. And lost in the playoffs to the team that won the state championship which i am pretty sure was appalachia 13-6.

Hurley went 9-1 in '86 not '87 and lost only to Garden who went on and played in the state championship.. and they lost to appalachia in the first round and if im right "could be wrong tho" Garden went and beat Appy in the region championship

Might it have been Powell Valley instead of Appalachia? Last weeks Mountaineer mentioned Garden beating PV in a playoff game. In addition to that, Hurley used to be Division 2, and I don't think Appalachia has ever been anything but Division 1.

Anybody sure on this?