Why arent they girl golf teams?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

[ QUOTE ]

There not allowed at the Virginian...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they are allowed at the Virginian, always have been...you are thinking of The Olde Farm...although I think that has changed recently...

Gman.. i heard a good story about The old farm or virginian one not letting Emmit Smith play up there. Soon after the fact he came back, but I thought that was crazy.

[ QUOTE ]

Gman.. i heard a good story about The old farm or virginian one not letting Emmit Smith play up there. Soon after the fact he came back, but I thought that was crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was at The Olde Farm...you would be amazed at some of the NAMES who are members there...

"In addition to energy industry (mostly coal mining) guys, the Olde Farm counts a sizable contingent from the "Naples mafia," as a certain well-heeled Florida crew is referred to here, as well as assorted figures associated with the Miami Dolphins Dan Marino as well as Don Shula, Bob Griese and team owner Wayne Huizenga (a former Gray general). Other sports types are part of the mix as well: NASCAR legend Dale Jarrett; San Diego Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer; Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs; PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem; and Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Loren Roberts and Lanny Wadkins from the pro ranks. Add a few Fortune 500 CEOs, Secretary of the Treasury John Snow and a number of golf-obsessed locals, and you have the ultimate guy's-guy club."

[ QUOTE ]

"In addition to energy industry (mostly coal mining) guys, the Olde Farm counts a sizable contingent from the "Naples mafia," as a certain well-heeled Florida crew is referred to here, as well as assorted figures associated with the Miami Dolphins— Dan Marino as well as Don Shula, Bob Griese and team owner Wayne Huizenga (a former Gray general). Other sports types are part of the mix as well: NASCAR legend Dale Jarrett; San Diego Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer; Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs; PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem; and Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Loren Roberts and Lanny Wadkins from the pro ranks. Add a few Fortune 500 CEOs, Secretary of the Treasury John Snow and a number of golf-obsessed locals, and you have the ultimate guy's-guy club."

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should mention the Dolphins connections and the other sports personalities that you did...those were the exact names I was referring to when I made the earlier post.

Rumor has it Marino is a frequent visitor during the summer months...brings his "own foursome". They rent a condo and all they do is play golf, drink adult beverages, and play cards...lots of gambling going on in this group.

As for the golf course...very nice but in my opinion The Virginian is a better layout...

[ QUOTE ]

The only difference in the game is the tee box from male to female.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to take issue with this post, there is a reason that even at the highest level of womens golf (LPGA) you very rarely see deep rough (6-7+") or deep, deep bunkers (deeper than a person is tall). Men and women play very different golf from one another. Same game, different approach, skill sets and attitudes about the game.

Drew, that was bad. By the way the LPGA's Laura Davies says the same thing.

It truly is more of a shot making game when you watch the women play. You watch Tiger or Phil drive one in the rough or behind a tree and make some unreal shot to get to the green. Paula Creamer or Annika just hit fairways and greens.

The same is true for women's basketball vs. men's. Power for the men, and efficiency for the women.

[ QUOTE ]

Drew, that was bad. By the way the LPGA's Laura Davies says the same thing.

It truly is more of a shot making game when you watch the women play. You watch Tiger or Phil drive one in the rough or behind a tree and make some unreal shot to get to the green. Paula Creamer or Annika just hit fairways and greens.

The same is true for women's basketball vs. men's. Power for the men, and efficiency for the women.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it was bad, but it is very true.

How many women on tour have had pure swings like EE or Elk?

There may be a few, but I can't think of any.

Women just don't have the physical body type for golf.