Why arent they girl golf teams?

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Guest BB_TWEEDER

My Girlfriend plays golf with Twin Valley and its a all male team... she has only played against one girl all year other than that they are all males againts her... Its a shame there isnt a womens golf team here, becasue it could bring more intrest in the sport for women.

[ QUOTE ]

My Girlfriend plays golf with Twin Valley and its a all male team... she has only played against one girl all year other than that they are all males againts her... Its a shame there isnt a womens golf team here, becasue it could bring more intrest in the sport for women.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you answered that yourself..."she has only played against one girl all year"...not enough girls play golf to have "girl's" teams. But don't let that fool you, over the years, I've seen plenty of girls who have played on the guys' teams that could beat most of the guys...Carol Green from Tazewell, Courtney Ellenbogen from Blacksburg, and Jessica Hollandsworth from Floyd Co., who won the Class A State Title in 2004, are just a few in recent years from this end of the state. Being that I work in the golf business, I've noticed that girls on boys teams is becoming a more common thing over the last several years. The first girl I can ever remember playing on a boys team was a girl from Grundy in the late 80s/early 90s time period...her first name was Susan but I can't recall her last name. At that time, she was the only girl I had ever seen playing on the boys team...and she wasn't bad either. But as I said, the number is growing and who knows, maybe in a few years, there will be enough girls playing to field a girls team.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I understand where your comming from, but I think if they was install girls golf teams then girl players would play... it wouldnt be one here and one there, but I could be wrong. My girlfriend isnt too bad she shot a 51 in 9 rounds at willobrooke back earlier in the season. I thought that wasent too bad considering the boy scores was average in the 42-43 range and the winner was 39 (kid from East Ridge).

[ QUOTE ]

There aren't any girl golf teams because golf is a co-ed sport. The only difference in the game is the tee box from male to female.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its only "co-ed" because there aren't enough girls who play golf to make a girl's team...if there were, there would surely be both "boy's teams" and "girl's teams" in golf...

Guest BB_TWEEDER

by the way I do play golf for your information... At Willobrooke Country club the high schools only play nine holes.

• 3 weeks later...

Guest BB_TWEEDER

It seems to me alot of guys here seem to be discriminating against womens right to play golf....and the right of men playing with them

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I meant it as a joke lol my bad for not making it look like I wasent

Gotta say, golf was never one of my "gifts". Well, I'll put it to you this way. Teed off from the 8th tee and put the ball in the 9th fairway last time I played. wink.gif

As far as the "co-ed" issue, I think the lack of female interest is the biggest reason that the teams are combined.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BlueBlue

I play golf too and I seen ya play Childress your drive isnt thats impressive.Well I am goin to be straight with you yours pretty sad.I could win with a set of clubs from the Dollar Store the plastic ones too.You wanna play some holes hit me up playa.

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ya its crazy that there isnt any girl golf teams i mean they have as much talent as a guy in anything and everything i hope they actually do get girl golf teams

[/ QUOTE ]

Um.....no

Go ask Annika

[/ QUOTE ]

Or Michelle Wie...has she ever won anything???