UNOFFICIAL...Paul McCoy of Matewan...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

Officially, according to radio report...

29 carries, 658 yards, 10 TDs

[/ QUOTE ]

Classy guy that Yogi Kinder............Was it really necessary to have a year worth of stats in one game? I know they were big rivals, but that is pathetic.

[ QUOTE ]

Weak competition or not, you dont put up those numbers without being a VERY good back...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or without intentionally padding your state in game that looks like it was probably over by halftime.

Guest JJBrickface

That is the new national record!!! He also tied the 2nd highest record for TD's in a game with 10. The record is 12.

Classy guy that Yogi Kinder............Was it really necessary to have a year worth of stats in one game? I know they were big rivals, but that is pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda like i hear on NCAA 07 when i have a team down by like 60+ points. when the announcer says its ridiculous, the other one says, "yeah bob, but its the defense's job to stop this guy"..LOL

Guest JJBrickface

Yea on PS2 games I've had the history of being up by 50+ points and going for the two point conversion. Then going for the onside kick. Nothing wrong with that. because like you said its the defenses job to stop the guy. hehehe

[ QUOTE ]

Mance gave me a scare last night. Up 61-0 and we line up for 2. I was wondering "what gives", then we take a knee. Whew!

[/ QUOTE ] the sophmores do not have a kicker and since conner was done for the night there was no reason to line up a field goal kicker..so if it wouldnt have been as big of a blow out i would say we would have went for two on the play.

There's a debate about whether the New Jersey numbers are valid. There was no formal submission of the record and it happened in the 50's. Therefore there's little to go with except for local news articles from the time. Either way, its a state record and one amazing acclomplishment.