MinuteMan

Abingdon/Richlands  

1. 1. Abingdon/Richlands

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Because we kicked rear end that year and i played lol, that years team could of ended the storm alittle earlier last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you didn't. Richlands didn't play Liberty in '02.

coming from the same county as Liberty Bedford Id say that they are gonna smash Salem and end up playing Richlands this year. If this is the case, Richlands will have to step it up a notch if they even THINK they are going to stop the Minute Men. I dont think Richlands will stop Salem either. Our part of VA is way too strong for the schools in Tazewell Co.

Well..i doubt that..richlands has played Salem before and kicked their ass..Salem was lucky to win state last year after the horrible call that got them into the state game..and you need to check your divisions before you claim that salem and richlands will play cause they won't play to get to the state championship game..one is division 4 (salem) and division 3 (Richlands)

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands will have to step it up a notch if they even THINK they are going to stop the Minute Men.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands has to stop five other teams before they can even THINK about stopping the Minute Men... But in the even the two should meet

Bassett 17

Libery 14

Carroll 19

Bassett 7

Abingdon 20

Carroll 17

Richlands 53

Abingdon 0

You do the math...

Ill just say this and leave it at that, It will be a good game but I see Richlands taking an "L" in the end. Im not taking anything from them because I think they are a VERY good team this year.

Seriously, Richlands has the talent and depth to compete with(and Beat) anyone in the state. I would'nt have thought it possible but they are a much improved and better squad than last year. It would be nice to see both teams against each other, but I dont think it can happen.

[ QUOTE ]

I would not believe it unless i seen it.salem is awesome every year period.no team from the swd would beat salem last year,this year or the next 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far

[ QUOTE ]

I would not believe it unless i seen it.salem is awesome every year period.no team from the swd would beat salem last year,this year or the next 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't give any kinds of odds on a Richlands-Salem matchup other than to opine that it would be an incredible game.

It is correct to say that the Spartans are fully stocked every single year. And that isn't a coincidence by a long shot.

it would be very competetive game. rhs comes out on top. You all say that nobody can beat salem from the swd anytime you all are crazy. when richlands and salem played in the semis in 2003 there was only two plays that kept that game from being ours. an interception attempt right before the half and an onside kick that we should have had. thats it. if we would have went in at the half with the lead we win i believe. but its over now. go blue

[ QUOTE ]

it would be very competetive game. rhs comes out on top. You all say that nobody can beat salem from the swd anytime you all are crazy. when richlands and salem played in the semis in 2003 there was only two plays that kept that game from being ours. an interception attempt right before the half and an onside kick that we should have had. thats it. if we would have went in at the half with the lead we win i believe. but its over now. go blue

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be splitting hairs here, but I would hope that I am not included in the "you all" by virtue of the fact that you responded directly to my post. Statements to the effect that no team from the SWD could ever beat Salem are obviously nonsensical, and I didn't even see the need to validate them with a response.

[ QUOTE ]

replying to post of ghs84 sorry for confusion

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, amigo.

Anybody want to talk about the way Salem guarantees success on an annual basis by recruiting the best players from all over the Roanoke Valley?

Because I sure don't.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's go with: Richlands vs. Salem vs. North Korea in a triple threat match! YEAAA!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far

[/ QUOTE ]

well your right maybe the next 4 years lol.but really everybody knows salem is awesome but they shouldnt have won that playoff game last year.and everyone knows which one im talking about.Richlands would give them a good game.

I could be the only one, but I believe it would be a low scoring defensive game. Salem's and Richland's defense this year are playing great. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was tied 7-7 going into the fourth quarter. After saying all that I am perfectly happy with Salem being Division 4 and Richlands being Division 3, I like the world better that way!