Richlands and Pulaski Co.

Sources

Why is it that we never see these two teams play each other in the regular season? I know district play puts a limit on how many non-district opponents that each can schedule but I figured these two area powerhouses would be jumping at a chance to play each other.

[ QUOTE ]

Why is it that we never see these two teams play each other in the regular season? I know district play puts a limit on how many non-district opponents that each can schedule but I figured these two area powerhouses would be jumping at a chance to play each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not...since Joel Hicks retired, Pulaski is no longer a "powerhouse"...still a quality opponent but not a powerhouse...

from what i have been hearing here in richlands - the blues will loose lebanon on the schedule & pickup powell valley & there is talk will loose honaker & possibily pickup pulaski county. anyone have in facts on the pulaski pickup. heard powell valley was a done deal.

from what i have heard from radio stations and other sites is the powell valley thing is a done deal and am not sure about pulaski co though. I do not see richlands dropping honaker due to the fact that they win 7-8 games a year usually a pretty competitive single A program and only 20 minutes down the road. I believe the only reason honaker would be dropped is due to scheduling issues. From what they said the only reason that we are not playing lebanon is because they dropped richlands due to some scheduling issues so richlands picked up powell valley

The series with Honaker has a sponsor and a trophy. I wouldn't expect it to end as long as that's the case. That's just a guess though.

I haven't heard anything about a game with Pulaski but I'd love to see it.

Yes, it's a done deal with PV and Richlands. PV is also picking up Lebanon. The Breathitt Co, KY game was a four year deal and the Seymour, TN game was a two year deal. Been a pretty good while since the Viking and Blue Tornado squads have matched up against one another.

The PV pick-up is a good one. I feel it would be advantageous for Richlands to try to schedule some teams form the Roanoke area. Martinsville, Salem, Hidden Valley...etc. Any of the teams from the River Ridge or Seminole Districts. It would make for a good measuring stick when looking at possible playoff opponents.