TAZEWELL VS GRUNDY?

football09

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands scored 41 points on Tazewell in the first half. Just so you know, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO RUN UP THE SCORE IN THE FIRST HALF. The other 20 we planted on T-town was from the j.v.

[/ QUOTE ]

on tazewell's freshmen

[ QUOTE ]

whatever i guess we should have just stopped playing after the first quarter. should have made an agreement to give tazwell the football until they scored.

[/ QUOTE ]

or did what tazewell did against marion when they were up 37 to 0 stop passing and fake punting

Tazewell ran up the score on themselves! Jennings had a 19 yard touchdown early in the 3rd quarter and then the starters came out. The rest of the scoring came on a 4 yard run by Fuller (as the qb) and a 3 yard run by #3 quarterback Joel Elswick. There were no passes in the second half which happened to be the shortest half of the year as the mercy rule was in effect the entire time. What else could Richlands do to keep from scoring? Should the coaches have told them to stop at the line of scrimmage and wait for someone to tackle them?

[ QUOTE ]

Tazewell ran up the score on themselves! Jennings had a 19 yard touchdown early in the 3rd quarter and then the starters came out. The rest of the scoring came on a 4 yard run by Fuller (as the qb) and a 3 yard run by #3 quarterback Joel Elswick. There were no passes in the second half which happened to be the shortest half of the year as the mercy rule was in effect the entire time. What else could Richlands do to keep from scoring? Should the coaches have told them to stop at the line of scrimmage and wait for someone to tackle them?

[/ QUOTE ]

well for one that last drive jennings had most of his yards when matt came out and tazewell had a freshman saftey in, and the running up the score thing i was talking about was the fake punt in the second quarter when richlands knew tazewell was playing with backups and yall had a big lead already, and you are right tazewell coaches did it to them selves when they took out the starters at half time and did not give the team a chance to score, when yall put in yalls back ups tazewell could have score 1 or 2 tds but wyatt did not give them a chance to do so. never seen a team be down by 40 or more at the half and pull their own starters

Like Bluekick said, it's impossible to run up the score in the second quarter. Nobody is going call off the dogs before halftime, especially in a rivalry game that's almost always close. As for Wyatt pulling his starters, why shouldn't he? Getting some experience for the backups is worth more than a couple touchdowns against the Richlands JV.

[ QUOTE ]

weve played both teams... we played terrible against grundy.... we played tazewell very, very hard. Tazewell has a much better team, is the game in grundy or tazewell, because grundy's field is terrible. i know they are used to it and no1 else is, that give them alittle bit of an edge, but TAZEWELL ALL THE WAY

[/ QUOTE ]

What give them that "little bit of edge" is a thing called HEART....damn...the way you cry after a winning Id hate to see what youd done if youd lost....Richlands and Grahm by the way will beat the dog out of your calf lickers...

Grundy could win this game...they would need to run the Vandyke kid though and have some luck...probably neither one will happen so...they could win it though...i had a feeling they might "upset" CC...this is a game Grundy could win...still don't know if they have enough time together as a group to pull it off though...but if you are a Grundy fan you like that they seem to be getting a little better every week...and that's a great thing for a young team that's had a long season.

[ QUOTE ]

If smith didnt fumble first punt then everyone would be in favor of grundy.....just tellin it like it is.....

[/ QUOTE ]

He called a fair catch and where the ball was coming down he shoulda just got the hell away from it.(I'noticed him jumping on several punts this year like they were a live ball).but, to his defense I dont think the kid touched it.The ref's coulda went either way but chose to call it a muff.Next time They moved Vandyke back to recieve which I think was a good call with the way he returned kick offs at Grahm he has the potential to break one..Keep hammering at it Wave....