Carroll County at Richlands

parsons

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

I hope the Tornadoes remember how close C.C. came to ruining their perfect season last year........if they do not beat C.C by at least 40 I will be deeply disappointed...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what we thought last year. We need to take this game very seriously. We have to be ready to play. Regardless of what happened with Grundy. CC is the second rated team in REGION IV DIV. IV. They beat Bassett earlier in the season. Bassett defeated Liberty-Bedford. If CC pulls an upset, they should have home field advantage through the first two rounds of the playoffs. Trust me, they will be ready to play. This a huge game for BOTH teams. GO BLUE!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hope the Tornadoes remember how close C.C. came to ruining their perfect season last year........if they do not beat C.C by at least 40 I will be deeply disappointed...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what we thought last year. We need to take this game very seriously. We have to be ready to play. Regardless of what happened with Grundy. CC is the second rated team in REGION IV DIV. IV. They beat Bassett earlier in the season. Bassett defeated Liberty-Bedford. If CC pulls an upset, they should have home field advantage through the first two rounds of the playoffs. Trust me, they will be ready to play. This a huge game for BOTH teams. GO BLUE!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how many times I have to say this...LIBERTY-BEDFORD IS NOT THE LIBERTY-BEDFORD OF OLD. They are no longer the all-powerful, dominating team they once were. Yes, they are still a good team but no longer are they at that "elite" level that they used to be at. Do not use them as a measuring stick this year...

I think Richlands learned from that game that any team can beat them if they don't take them seriously and give 110%. This year I think they're looking at every game as the biggest game of the year, and it shows in their performance. I think that's the difference between this year and last year. They aren't' just squeaking by in games that "should" be easy.

ya know, in high school football, any team can beat any other team any given friday... dont count anyone out. it is a big game from BOTH teams. and carroll county is rated first in region 4 division 4 according to swvasports.com

good luck to both teams... hope it will be a better game than last year. it will be close if we dont make stupid mistakes and dont lay the ball on the ground.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how many times I have to say this...LIBERTY-BEDFORD IS NOT THE LIBERTY-BEDFORD OF OLD. They are no longer the all-powerful, dominating team they once were. Yes, they are still a good team but no longer are they at that "elite" level that they used to be at. Do not use them as a measuring stick this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey G-Man, nowhere in my post did I refer to LB as "all powerful" or "elite." If you had read my post SLOWLY, you would have realized that I was merely pointing out that CC had defeated some quality playoff caliber competition. LB has beaten Brookville. Most people consider Brookville a strong contender in Div. III Reg. III. Which could be used as a "measuring stick" (your words) when comparing the best teams in Reg. IV (Richlands) to the best teams in Reg. III (HV, Brookville, LB, Christiansburg)!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no need to take shots at Liberty, because there has never been any such thing as an "all-powerful, dominating" Liberty team. The Minutemen have only finished above .500 on a consistent basis since 2000.

Last year's team was probably the most talented all-around that Liberty has ever fielded. Not necessarily the best in terms of record, but personnel-wise they'll be hard pressed to ever match the chemistry they enjoyed in 2005.

The Minutemen did win a state title a few years ago. But that was a team that finished 6-4 in the regular season which somehow managed to gain home field advantage throughout the playoffs (and I'd include the state title game as giving them an edge since Bedford is only about 20 minutes away from Liberty U.).

I don't know how many truly "elite" programs there are. My two cents is that if any one public high school team is dominant on a more or less annual basis, something fishy is going on in terms of attendance policy.

[ QUOTE ]

Which could be used as a "measuring stick" (your words) when comparing the best teams in Reg. IV (Richlands) to the best teams in Reg. III (HV, Brookville, LB, Christiansburg)!

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands obviously needs to focus on one game at a time. But at least on paper, there are no teams in Region III, Division 3 who will pose much of a challenge to the Blues.

That will change very drastically in the state title game, particularly if the opponent is R.E. Lee. The Leemen are big and very, very quick. I wouldnt' be shocked to see them beat Harrisonburg in the regular season finale.

[ QUOTE ]

I think 2002 liberty team was pretty good. By far better than last years team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no expert, but I'm extremely familiar with the Liberty football program. The 2002 team was obviously "good enough." But that squad didn't have nearly the same depth on the offensive and defensive lines as the 2005 version.

I also can't overemphasize the effect of home field advantage in the playoffs. If they would've had to play the game at Grundy in 2002, I think it's very likely that the Golden Wave would've punched a ticket to Lynchburg.

way to much speed and size for the wave boys. 2001 team lost bad to graham, had two d1 signees, one at tech and one at uva. neither panned out. the one at uva quit ( how he got a scholarship i don't know ) the other one has never panned out at tech. 2002 team with spinner and that other running back plus the outlaw at qb and the best blocking te i have seen. they jelled at the right time. i agree home field is a plus, but as far as talent they had some truly d1 materail.

[ QUOTE ]

way to much speed and size for the wave boys. 2001 team lost bad to graham, had two d1 signees, one at tech and one at uva. neither panned out. the one at uva quit ( how he got a scholarship i don't know ) the other one has never panned out at tech. 2002 team with spinner and that other running back plus the outlaw at qb and the best blocking te i have seen. they jelled at the right time. i agree home field is a plus, but as far as talent they had some truly d1 materail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Academic issues zapped both players you reference. Although I believe the Tech boy is back on track to at least get his degree.

Most Bedford folks give the nod to the 2005 team because it combined great athleticism at the skill positions with really great depth on the line (both sides). When all is said and done, the 2005 squad may very well have its share of Division 1 signees as well (keeping in mind the fact that Robertson is redshirting at Tech as we speak and a lot of the starters in the backfield were underclassmen last year). Current QB and tailback definitely have the athletic ability to play at the top level -- although "head issues" might ultimately derail them both.

you need to know and tell everyone else from carroll that no actual fans, players, coaches are overlooking carroll. Richlands i believe will come out in this game with something to prove. Last years game was extremly close for them and feel they need to make a statement that they are taking it one game at a time. Also a question for the carroll fans. How did Grundy have 115 yards passing on you. Was it just desperation passes to ashby or are you weaker in the secondary. Hopefully it will be a good game. Richlands fans and players need it.