Magna Vista-Bassett

pdfan

Warriors played well tonite and won at Bassett 26-7. Everyone was on the same page tonite with the "O" scoring 2 TD's, the "D" scoring 1 (100 yd. interception return) and the special teams(50 yd. punt return). Again great job Warriors!!

I couldn't believe the game. Magna Vista totlly dominated the game. After the score was 20-0, we left to get warm and that was before halftime! The Bengals absolutely did not show up. I'm a Bulldog fan and since we don't play until Monday, I went over to watch, what I expected to be, a great game. What happened to Basset? Did they have people out, or where they just off their game. Magna Vista did a great job taking advantage of the turnovers and there were probally six in what I saw. Good job Warriors, looks like we will meet again!

Bassett has a very young team and should be real good next year. MV started out strong and the Bengals never recovered. MV had 2 or 3 other drives stopped in side Bassett's 20 yard line, twice on the 2(once on a fumble, another on downs) so it could have been worse. Bassett has little time to regroup with William Fleming and Mavahi the next 2 weeks but I'm sure Coach Gilbert will have them ready to play. As for playing the Dogs again, I hope we play ya'll at Dan Greene, we seem to be alot better on the road this year(4-0) vs. at home(1-3), so maybe we could keep it just a little closer if the game was at Martinsville.(Maybe only get beat 24-6,LOL)!!

I think Bassett will beat William Fleming. I don't think this year's WF team is nearly as good as they have been the last couple of seasons...they have tons of potential buth they make LOTS of mistakes too. If Bassett doesn't turn it over, they will win that game. But Mavahi is too strong for the Bengals this year...Mavahi will finish perfect in the PD...

I agree G-Man. Fleming is not nearly the team of past. If the Bengals use this loss to motivate them, then they can get the win and insure their spot in the playoffs. They have been too good of a team to end on a slide and possibly not make the playoffs. Basset I'm rooting for you except against the Dawgs. The PD has played strong this year and deserves to see three teams make it into the playoffs. Patrick County has also had a strong season and will be a formidable opponent on Monday night. I hope the Dawgs do stay undefeated in the PD, every win now is for Coach Edwards.

Fleming beat MV 13-7 in the Warriors first game this year.They are not the same Colonels team of the past 4-5 years but are similar to Bassett in that they are very young. Bassett may win being as the game is at Bassett(which I hope they do), but turnovers or not Fleming will give them a good game.

All week long, people were asking me who was going to win this game. My response everytime was it depends which "teams" show up. The Magna Vista team that showed up against Martinsville and Tunstall definately didn't show up on Saturday. The Bassett team that showed up Saturday, looked like a "young" team. First play of the game (3-5 yard gain, fumble) seemed to set the tone for both teams on the night. You are not going to beat anyone with 7 turnovers, poor tackling, and who knows how many 3rd & long convervsions by the Warriors. Bottom line, Magna Vista just flat out played better than the Bengals. All credit goes to the Warriors, they were the better team that night. Like I have said before, these are high school kids and you never know what you are going to get out of them. For some reason, this holds very true in our area in relation to our football teams. The Bengals will be back, but we have our work cut out for us the next two weeks (William Fleming and Martinsville).

how odd would it be for martinsville to win out and get the top seed in the playoffs...then in doing so play bassett in the last game of the season and the first game of the playoffs...just like a year ago only this time both games would be at martinsville. it's certainly a possibility if the dogs can keep getting it done on the field (and especially if bhs can knock of fleming along their way). oh and hopefully both games would be played in a little warmer temperature than those two last year!!!

What a rivalry between Basset and Martinsville in football and basketball. Last year Martinsville had a heart breaking loss in the football playoffs to Basset and then the two teams had to turn around and play 5 times in basketball with the two teams final game in the state semi finals. That time it was a heart breaking loss for Basset. Alot of the basketball players were also football players so the competition was intense. I expect nothing less when Martinsville and Basset meet again, and possibly again!