THE RICHLANDS-LEBANON GAME

rvtne216

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't wish to make a prediction. I'm sure it will be fun to listen to. In the mid 90s it seemed like Richlands got up for this game more than Tazewell as a rivalry game. Everybody in school seemed to know plenty of people that lived on the Belfast/Rosedale/Lebanon corridor. There was also some other issues at play, too. (Don't wish to re-open old wounds). Good luck to both teams, but I'm pulling for the Tornado.

I'm curious, though, who Richlands is replacing the Pioneers with on their schedule? I read in the Lebanon schedule thread the Blues won't be playing the Pioneers next year. Has anyone heard? Thanks in advance.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Lebanon 21

RHS 20

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT THE HECK DUDE!!!!!??????? THE STORM IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

you're mad because someone didnt pick richlands for once?? get over it crybaby!

RHS - 42

LEB - 21

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Lebanon 21

RHS 20

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT THE HECK DUDE!!!!!??????? THE STORM IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

you're mad because someone didnt pick richlands for once?? get over it crybaby!

RHS - 42

LEB - 21

[/ QUOTE ] i am not criing so look how many games Abington has lost

I believe Lebanon and Richlands had scheduling conflicts. If I'm not mistaken Richlands picked up Powell Valley and Lebanon picked up Giles. Either way, it's a smart move by Richlands and Powell Valley. Richlands will pick up a pile of points for playing successful division 2 team vs possibly losing to a division 3 or 4 team, plus a division 2 team usually will get a pile of points for playing a successful division 3 team and losing rather than playing a weak division 1 team and winning. Of course a loss to a lower division could be a killer. Means a lot when the seeding for the playoffs are based on points.

[ QUOTE ]

it's a smart move by Richlands and Powell Valley. Richlands will pick up a pile of points for playing successful division 2 team vs possibly losing to a division 3 or 4 team

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands picked up Powell Valley because the two schools never wanted to stop playing each other to begin with. They only stopped because the SWD and Highlands agreed to schedule each other in anticipation of a merger. Richlands would love to schedule a division 3 or 4 team and hopefully they can do that with the one remaining slot next year.