football2009

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

dawgs will be 8-2 with a big win, does anyone remember last time tazewell finished 8-2

or had 2 1000 yd rushers

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, in 1999(my sr yr) we went 8-2

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone even care? (no disrespect to other tazewell fans, just dawgs05)

[/ QUOTE ]

he asked when was the last time tazewell went 8-2, so i told him and obviously someone does care when tazewell last went 8-2.....I guess you were probly a part of that team tazewell beat down that yr in abingdon.....I guess you're just mad bc the vhsl is making abingdon move to a REAL district next yr....now you cant beat up on those nobodies(va high, marion, lee) and go 4-6 and make the playoffs anymore....tough but you gotta face reality....here's an idea for abingdon....WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

dawgs will be 8-2 with a big win, does anyone remember last time tazewell finished 8-2

or had 2 1000 yd rushers

[/ QUOTE ]

was that the year we lost to gate city in the playoffs after leading 12 to 0

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no that my bro's yr....in 1994....but we did lose to gate city, mike

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Not me, The odds are against Tiger country but that cat has nine lives, Im pulling for the Tigers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tigger 14

scobby 7

[/ QUOTE ]

could be a close game.....honaker is good but tazewell is 10 times better.....tazewell is clickin on all cylinders too and the #2 seed in the playoffs is still at stake.....wyatt lets the boys play until the 9 lives are gone, which will probly be about in the 3rd qtr....tazewell 33 honaker 13

I honestly do not even think that the game will even be close, it will be like last week, the first quarter Tazewell will blast honaker out, score a few in the second, then let the younger ones play second half and still probably beat honaker by quite a few points. I don't really believe that everyone is "downing" Honaker, its just with the odds, people have more confidence in tazewell than them.. but ya never know how things will go, i guess we will have to wait and see.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, IF Richlands can get by VA High

[/ QUOTE ]

And that is right as well and u can't say it couldnt happen look at grundy 2 years ago had lost onnly one game all year to Ricklands and beaten V-High bad in week 10 then in the first rd playoff V-high knocks off the number 1 seed Grundy!! So its all possilble.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

richlands will beat va high by at least 40 pts....take it to the bank, the real game will be between tazewell and graham....its too hard to call a winner in that one

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

richlands will beat va high by at least 40 pts....take it to the bank, the real game will be between tazewell and graham....its too hard to call a winner in that one

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that game will be who ever plays smart ball and not turn the ball over!!! And it will not be a close game this time one team which ever way it goes will win big.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

or had 2 1000 yd rushers

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he asked when was the last time tazewell went 8-2, so i told him and obviously someone does care when tazewell last went 8-2.....I guess you were probly a part of that team tazewell beat down that yr in abingdon.....I guess you're just mad bc the vhsl is making abingdon move to a REAL district next yr....now you cant beat up on those nobodies(va high, marion, lee) and go 4-6 and make the playoffs anymore....tough but you gotta face reality....here's an idea for abingdon....WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!

[/ QUOTE ]

yea thats what it is, considering im a senior in highschool now, and heres on for you, we have won football games! goodluck to u on ur first round playoff game, because your not goin any further than that, you've only won 2 more games than us and you only beat us by a touchdown, you all lost to cc and we beat cc! so really come on... get over your stereo -types, you are just making yourself look like an idiot!

[ QUOTE ]

no disrespect to va high at all but richlands would take va high at half strength this yr .and thats not downing va high,but its just the team the blues have this yr.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they would not! haha

The 2nd string of Richlands didn't even score on Va High. Richlands is good but at half strength they would not be 10-0. They would lose 2-3 games IMO.

Graham for one, I think beats them (RHS) at half strength! RHS would not win then Region at half strength!

Heck you take #7 away from them and they aren't as good. He does a lot for them! The biggest thing is breaking tackles. Just as it seems you have him tackled, he is running down the field! haha

You take him away and then you have #1 running everywhere after the catch.

If McCracken went down. The Tornado would be in serious trouble! Then #1 goes back to QB and the threat of #1 running after the catch is no more.

It's really a 3 man show! If one of the 3 went down they would be hurting. If either #7 or #15 were to be the one to go down they would be up the creek without a paddle!

To say they would beat people at half strength is ridiculous! haha

[ QUOTE ]

It's really a 3 man show!

[/ QUOTE ]

3 man show with a strong supporting cast. They have a bunch of receivers catching the ball, and without that line they would really be up the creek.

I have to agree with VHSdevil, you take away McCraken or Jennings and Richlands is just a very good team, they are no longer elite. They would still probably go 9-1,8-2 but they would be nowhere near the level they are now.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It's really a 3 man show!

[/ QUOTE ]

3 man show with a strong supporting cast. They have a bunch of receivers catching the ball, and without that line they would really be up the creek.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, they have a lot of good people behind them in supporting roles but they are not the same team without 1 or 2 of the main 3.

They will just be a good team. #7 is probably the one most vauluable, then #15, then #1.

The O-line is OK...but not what they had last year or even close for that matter.Jennings gets a lot of yards on his own...he breaks more tackles then I have seen in some while. He will spin, twist and turn...the never say die attitude he has is really an adavantage RHS will grow to miss next year. RHS does not have a back even close to his toughness and will notice it next year.

But to say at half strength Richlands would be beat people is just dumb! haha

I really dont think he meant that Richlands would beat everybody at half strength. He just stated that In his opinion that we could beat VA High at half strength. Richlands fans are not in lala land that we think we are good enough to win at half strength.

Its amazing that his comment made you think that he meant we would beat everyone we played at half strength. haha

Ehh, I figure if people are talking about how Richlands would do at half strength that's a good thing.

No doubt about #7. I put him right up there with Sandy Rogers for RHS back that I have seen, keeping in mind that I wasn't around for 12 years.

I have to ask, are you basing your assessment of the o-line only on the VHS game or have you seen them more than once? Because I think they're as good, if not a little better than last year.

As far as running backs, it might be years before someone comes along that can do everything Caleb does, but they do have good depth at that position. I'm as excited about Schwiengruber as I was about Jennings at the same stage, and Ben Addison can play that position very well if need be. Also Taylor Sizemore is a good looking young back who has gained a lot of experience this year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

or had 2 1000 yd rushers

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea thats what it is, considering im a senior in highschool now, and heres on for you, we have won football games! goodluck to u on ur first round playoff game, because your not goin any further than that, you've only won 2 more games than us and you only beat us by a touchdown, you all lost to cc and we beat cc! so really come on... get over your stereo -types, you are just making yourself look like an idiot!

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont believe it matters much that yall beat cc and we didnt....what matters is tazewell beat abingdon.....and speaking of abingdon's 5 wins, how many of them have come against the big 3(tazewell, richlands, graham)....until you guys beat them, dont post anymore