Bring home the WV AA Football Title Bluefield!

DubVMountaineer1

I haven't posted on here in awhile because my other name was banned. However, I've still been reading the boards and I'd just like to say that since Weir isn't going to make the playoffs and get the chance to defend their 2005 AA State Championship, I hope Bluefield wins it all this year in football. Even though Weir/Bluefield has been a rivalry the last few years, I have a lot of respect for Bluefield's program. Good luck to the Beavers in the playoffs and hopefully at Wheeling Island Stadium.

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't posted on here in awhile because my other name was banned. However, I've still been reading the boards and I'd just like to say that since Weir isn't going to make the playoffs and get the chance to defend their 2005 AA State Championship, I hope Bluefield wins it all this year in football. Even though Weir/Bluefield has been a rivalry the last few years, I have a lot of respect for Bluefield's program. Good luck to the Beavers in the playoffs and hopefully at Wheeling Island Stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield has to make the playoffs first...

I've been critical of bluefield more so than ever, but, only of some of the results, not their potential, God willing, they should be able to compete with scott with their speed and earn a playoff game, it's only a matter of not having as many turnovers and not making special teams errors and they have as good or better opportunity as any other team to earn another title game oppoprtunity. I don't question the players they have on the field, in my opinion there isn't another aa team with as much potential player wise, but they have to play their best football and with a lot fewer mistakes.

Good fortune in doing that bluefield.

Hope all is well there in weir as well.

[ QUOTE ]

they play such a tuff schedule since west virginia is known for football....NOT......

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words, PLAY US. Otherwise we'll have to keep playing those "weak WV teams" b/c apparently Richlands doesn't have the balls to face Bluefield. I'm sure the Richlands players and coaches would welcome the opportunity. However, those that pull the strings apparently don't want the game and in the process make Richlands look like chicken ****.

Richlands won't play Bluefield because of the severe "home cookin'" they received at Bluefiled a few years back. Bluefield had to win the game to make the playoffs. And the hometown refs made sure that happened.

While it would be nice to play i don't blame Richlands one bit for not wanting to play a team that has refs who would cheat for them since they can't get it done on the field.

"nuff said.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

they play such a tuff schedule since west virginia is known for football....NOT......

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words, PLAY US. Otherwise we'll have to keep playing those "weak WV teams" b/c apparently Richlands doesn't have the balls to face Bluefield. I'm sure the Richlands players and coaches would welcome the opportunity. However, those that pull the strings apparently don't want the game and in the process make Richlands look like chicken ****.

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally don't care about the refs, it's over and done with. What I don't like is the fact that if you lose to Bluefield you have to listen to crap, if you beat them you have to listen to crap, and if you don't play them you have to listen to crap. I'm tired of all the crap!!! Richlands no longer plays Bluefield!!! Deal with it...

As if they can't do it on the field.

They simply had a referee crew that threw way to many flags against richlands, as was the case at richlands against bluefield in '97. Seems at least the wv side can admitt it happened at bluefield, not to mention and they did something about it, few on the va side can even do that.

With all due respect to the their schedule, I'd argue bluefield's quality of competition against richland's anyhow.

The material is way overdone, wv football, refs at bluefield, ect.

Deal with what, it was a va side poster trolling this bluefield topic. It had nothing to do with va foootball. Seems that's what bluefield fans have to deal with more and more here. Br simply made a point about talking but not stepping up to the plate. Bluefield doesn't have to have richlands on their schedule, they simply have to have a 10th quality game, from whatever area possible.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands won't play Bluefield because of the severe "home cookin'" they received at Bluefiled a few years back. Bluefield had to win the game to make the playoffs. And the hometown refs made sure that happened.

While it would be nice to play i don't blame Richlands one bit for not wanting to play a team that has refs who would cheat for them since they can't get it done on the field.

"nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit your freakin' crying. I'm so tired of SOME Richlands fans crying about officiating. Every team that has ever played a game in any sport, at any level has been "screwed" by bad calls more than a couple of times. And I'd be willing to bet a number of teams have been "screwed" by bad calls at Richlands. Hell, officials at Richlands tried "screwing" Bluefield in 1999 when they played at Richlands, but you didn't see Bluefield refuse to play at Richlands again did you? Bluefield has been "screwed" by bad calls a number of places, but they still go back there and play. The bottomline is that the officials excuse is a copout. Richlands wants no part of Bluefield in a regular season game where a loss goes against their record. Richlands would rather beat up on the likes of Honaker instead of getting a set of balls and playing some real competition; period. You can spin that however you so like. I'm challenging Richlands right now, your fans have talked the talk about Bluefield recently so step up to the plate prove their talk on the field. Otherwise, it's simply another school with a couple of blowhard fans running their mouth about how their team could beat Bluefield, but yet they don't have the balls to schedule Bluefield b/c Bluefield has OWNED them head-to-head.

[ QUOTE ]

With all due respect to you buzzsaw, Rules uses the chicken line often in reference to Richlands and he knows it isn't true.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact is that if you take shots at my program/team (not you personally, but a Richlands fan) then I'll take shots at your team. It's that simple, period. No one mentioned anything about Richlands in this thread, but along comes a Richlands fan trolling this thread. If you don't want something said about your school don't say something about someone else's school. Don't try and trash our schedule when your school doesn't even have the balls to put us on your schedule.

[ QUOTE ]

You can't just ignore the "trolls"? You have to call Richlands chicken?... Of course I guess I should've ignored your post as well, so yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, and a person can only take some much crap. This board has become bad for Virginia fans trolling threads about WV teams and belittling WV high school football. The most comical part is that these Virginia fans from Southwestern Virginia actually believe Virigina football in their part of the state is any better than WV football; spare me. Now the football played in the Tidewater and NOVA areas is definitely better than WV football, but it's also just as better as Southwestern Virginia football. There is no difference in the teams from WV and the teams from Southwestern Virginia. The best teams from each state can contend with the better teams from the other state. Last season Richlands would have wanted no part of WV AA champions from Weir. They had speed, quickness, and size much like Beaver had in '04. They would have put Turner Ashby to shame.

[ QUOTE ]

Last season Richlands would have wanted no part of WV AA champions from Weir. They had speed, quickness, and size much like Beaver had in '04. They would have put Turner Ashby to shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to be nit-picky (okay...I am!), but how do you know this exactly?

Did you watch Bluefield vs. Weir AND Richlands vs. Turner Ashby last season and this is your opinion based on what you saw? If so, I apologize for calling you out; I'd just like to hear your thoughts on it a little more in-depth.

If you didn't see both games, then you are acting like the trolls who belittled WV football, which I think you are above doing.

In a season like this, its hard to put Richlands down for being heads and shoulders above every team they have played. Its not their fault that they have played THAT good while in the meantime...

...Grundy is way down...

...Graham has been so-so...

...Carroll County and Tazewell have been only been consistent at being inconcistent...

...Gate City is terrible for their standards...

I'm curious to see how scheduling goes for Richlands next season (schedules are up for renewal for the next 2-year cycle). I expect they may try to get some more easterly teams on the slate. Games with Honaker and Lebanon should be last resorts, not made because their close.

[ QUOTE ]

There is no difference in the teams from WV and the teams from Southwestern Virginia. The best teams from each state can contend with the better teams from the other state.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with that ......although i think this particular year AA in west virginia is down quite a bit......i'm talking about the quality of the top tier teams